With over 200 million+ users, Yahoo mail offers you to send and received many emails on your account. It also provides unlimited message space, virus protection and blocking spam emails. One thing you should note here is that Yahoo mail offers the most brilliant email service compared to Google mail or even Hotmail. So read below so as to know more about Yahoo Mail account and equally how to sign up.
It’s well known that the majority of mail users fancies the use of Google mail more than Yahoo mail. Don’t misunderstand me; I’m not trying to put any above here but practically the number of users in Google mail is quite much bigger than those signed into Yahoo mail. The reason is not far-fetched because most people think that Yahoo mail account is for scammers (normally called Yahoo boys). Well, this is funny though but basically, because both share the same name Yahoo! Well I’m here to prove to you that Yahoo mail is just as cool just like Google mail, if not better.
With its headquarter in Sunnyvale, California, The company was founded by two members namely “Jerry Yang” and “David Filo” in January 1994 and was incorporated on 2nd March 1995. It was launched back in 1997 across the globe. Yahoo mail became the one the pioneers of the early era of the internet in the 1990s. Back in 2007, Yahoo mail launched the feature to switch between different modes like mail, text. and chat messages. By the end of 2011, Yahoo mail has already reached a total of 281 million users making it one the largest web-based email Provider companies in the world. So you can see that this service provider has really made tremendous progress towards customer delivery around the at large.
How to Create a Yahoo Mail Account
Creating a Yahoo mail account is as easy as anything. Most people up till now find it difficult to great this account and that’s why I’ve got this package in order to help you do it by yourself.
- At first, you need to go to your browser and type www.yahoo.com which will take you to the Yahoo mail official site.
- When the page opens, you’ll see a profile logo at the top right corner tap on it.
- After that, you’ll have to click on the “Sign in” option.
- The next page opens up for you to enter your email address. But in this case, you’ll have to click on “Create an Account” in order to open a new account because this is your first time.
- The next page that will open comprises of where you’ll fill your First name, Last name, choosing your new Email address, setting a new Password, Phone number (with your country code), Birth month/day/year, and then Gender (optional).
NOTE: you need to make sure that first, you provide an active phone number because it will be verified. And your email address must not be in use because it’s one person-one email address. For example, if you something like this “the email address is already in use” Just try another one or you can make use of the alternative one been provided for you by Yahoo mail. Also, try as much as possible to make use of a strong password (Uppercase + Lowercase letters and inclusion of numbers” which is advisable so that your account won’t be hacked easily.
- Once you’re done with that, click on “Continue.”
- The next page that’ll open is where you’ll have to verify your phone number. Click on “Text me a verification code.” A message will be sent to the phone number which you provided. Once you receive that code, simply enter the digits to verify your number and click on “Continue” to go to the next page.
- The next page that’ll open will be a congratulatory message for setting up your Yahoo mail account successfully.
- Click on “Continue” and agree to the terms and conditions of Yahoo mail. You’ll then be redirected to your official Yahoo mail account homepage where you can start accessing the service provider via your own account.
Now that’s how easy it is!
Also See: Google Hangouts Signup
- Creating this email account is of great advantage. One thing that is quite unique about it is the fact that it allows you to manage your other email accounts from different email services like Hotmail and Gmail from within your Yahoo mail account. Meaning that even though you travel on a vacation without any access to your account, you can just set it to auto-replies mode as well.
- You’ll also need storage space in your phone for message storage. Yahoo Mail also has a Basic version which is simpler and easy to load.
- Yahoo Mail also provides access to your email account with the help of IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) using the desktop/mobile email programs.
- The site has upgraded and removed several features. For instance, simultaneously opening multiple emails in tabs, sorting by sender name, and dragging emails to folders. The new email interface was geared to give an improved user experience for mobile devices.
- Yahoo mail does not tolerate spam practice and terminates accounts connected with spam-related activities without warning, causing spammers to lose access to any other Yahoo services connected with their ID under the Terms of Service.
Additionally, Yahoo mail stresses that its servers are based in California and any spam-related activity which uses its servers could potentially violate the state’s anti-spam laws. In February 2006, Yahoo mail announced its decision to give some organizations the option to “certify” mail by paying up to 1% for each outgoing message, allowing the mail in question to bypass inbound spam filters.
In April 2011, Yahoo Mail began rejecting spam reports, which involved sending a copy of the spam with full headers by email to Yahoo’s abuse department, offering the use of a form instead. However, the requirement to use a form is prohibited by several Internet RFCs, and the availability of abuse at example.com (in this case abuse at yahoo.com) is required by the Invariants clause of RFC 2142 because the domain has a mail server and an MX record. Yahoo’s claim was that its “standard” was better than the Internet standards referred to.
How to get Access the Account
You don’t necessarily have to log in to the yahoo.com website in order to access your account. You can log in to your account with the help of the email programs like Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express and Mail-spring in order to check your latest emails and then reply back. In other words, your newly-created Yahoo mail account can be accessed with any device that is connected to the internet like a Mobile phone, Computer, Laptop, Tablet.
For Android users, you can get the Yahoo mail app via Google Playstore. After downloading the app, just log in directly to your account details. While for iOS, you can simply download it by going to the Apple Playstore. After downloading and installing, simply launch the app and enter your details in order for you to log in to your Yahoo mail account. Both versions of the app perform the same function but are based on the mobile device’s operating system.
You can also access your Yahoo mail account from any browser available in Microsoft Windows. So depending on the type of Microsoft Windows you’re running on your computer device, you have the opportunity to access this site which is even much easier.
How To Send Mail On Yahoomail com
One of the email’s main applications is to exchange images and other information with friends, relatives or colleagues. But people who are new to email may still not know how to add and email files. Below are some tips for beginners which you can post.
sending an email using yahoo mail is very simple, for the purpose of teaching and learning, I will take you through to how to send an email, or better still, watch the clip below:
The process is pretty much the same for all email programs:
- Open a new email message window, usually by clicking the “New Message” or “Compose Email” icon or the CTRL + N keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the menu item with a paperclip icon that says “Attach a file” or something similar (e.g., “Attach Files”)
- Browse through your computer’s folders and click to select the files/folders you want to attach. In most cases, you can select multiple files by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on each file.
- Click the “Open” or “Choose File” or another similar button to attach the file to your email.
- Then continue composing your email (put the email address of the person you want to send the attachment to in the To: field, add a subject and message in the body, and hit Send).
Read More: How to Block Websites on Chrome Permanently