Table of Contents
Steps to Use Snap Camera in Microsoft Teams: Looking for a way to use Snap Camera in Microsoft Teams? then you’re on the right site. As long as you’re using the desktop version of the Snap Camera app, trust me you’ll really enjoy using it in your Microsoft Teams video conference meetings. Snap Camera is available for Windows 10 and macOS. Luckily for you, the Snap Camera app is compatible with Microsoft Teams and you’re really going to enjoy all the exciting filters and effects on your video chats using Snap Camera. In this article, we’re going to show you how to use Snap Camera in Microsoft Teams…
Snap Camera is used to apply lenses or face filters while engaging in Microsoft video conference meetings. It is also been used on video platforms such as Google Meet, Zoom, or Skype via the webcam of your Desktop Computers, Windows, Mac, etc. Aside from that, it can also be used in your favorite third-party live streaming apps or video chat apps that make use of a webcam. Although, before you can be able to use it, you have to choose Snap Camera as your webcam device. Now read further below and see how you can use Snap Camera in Microsoft Teams…
How Do You Use Snap Camera in Microsoft Teams?
- The first step is for you to download the latest version of the Snap Camera app on your device. You can click here to visit the website and download the app.
- Once you’re done with the download, you’ll now have to locate the file on your computer desktop to run the installation process. If you’re using a Windows PC, you’ll have to double-click the .exe to install it. But if you’re using macOS, double-click the .pkg to install.
- Open the Snap Camera and as well launch your Microsoft Teams account.
- Find and click on your “Personal” icon located at the top right corner of the Teams window.
- A menu will open for you. Just click on “Settings”.
- Once the settings window is open, click on “Devices” located at the left corner of the menu page.
- In the device’s menu, you’ll see fields where you’ll have to change your camera, microphone, and sound output device. Just select “Camera”.
- Click on the drop-down menu to change your camera. You’ll see options like an Onboard cam, any External Web Cameras you have, and Snap Camera.
- You have to select Snap Camera as your camera and use it for your video conference meeting.
- If you select Snap Camera to be added to your Microsoft Teams, you’ll still need to use the Snap Camera app to apply filters.
Before you close the application, you need to change the camera setting back to your default webcam so that your screen will not go blank anytime you automatically leave Snap Camera on as your camera.
If you don’t see Snap Camera in the drop-down menu, you have to update either your Snap Camera app or Microsoft Teams > then restart your computer.
Or you can check your Teams Administrator to see whether they’ve deactivated the setting that requires you to connect Snap Camera for Teams.