Table of Contents
Guideline to Use Snap Camera in Chrome: If Google Chrome is the web browser you’re conversant with and you want to use Snap camera in Chrome, then this article is for you. Snap Camera is very well no doubt. This is because it is the perfect way to use video filters in any video app. With the use of Snap Camera, you can enjoy the fun of your video chat and live stream. Trust me, no matter the platform you’re using to host or attend video meetings, it gets more interesting when you use Snap Camera in Chrome.
With the use of a Snap camera, you can apply lenses or face filters during your video chat. It can also be used in your favorite third-party live streaming apps or video chat apps that make use of the webcam of your Desktop Computer, Windows PC, or macOS, etc. It doesn’t matter if you’re using any of the video platforms like Google Meet, Zoom, or Skype, you can use the webcam of your device and enjoy the fun. Let’s say you want to use Snap Camera in Chrome via Google Meet video conferencing as an example…
How to Use Snap Camera in Chrome on Google Meet
The reason why we want to use Google Meet is that Google Meet is a video conferencing app from Google without a desktop app, thereby working only on a web app.
Now to use Snap Camera in Chrome, just follow the steps below:
- Open your Chrome browser and go to https://meet.google.com
- Click on the “Settings” icon located at the top right corner of the page
- When the settings window opens, select the “Video” settings
- Then click on the drop-down menu located under the Camera option
- You’ll then have to select “Snap Camera” from the list
- After that, your selected camera will now be Snap Camera anytime you join a meeting on Google Meet.
Note: Once you’ve selected Snap Camera as your preferred camera, your video will have the filter you selected in the app. And you can also change the camera anytime you’re in video call if you want to.
What If Have Not Yet Installed Snap Camera App?
- The first thing is to go to https://snapcamera.snapchat.com/ to download the Snap Camera app.
- Once you’ve clicked on the “Checkbox”, you’ll then be provided with the “Download” button.
- You’ll see the installer file to run. If you’re using a Windows PC, you’ll have to double-click the .exe to install it. But if you’re using macOS, double-click the .pkg to install.
Configure the Settings in the Snap Camera App
- Next in line is for you to configure the settings in the app and select the filter you want to use. To do this, click on the “Settings” icon located at the top right corner of the page.
- Then click on the drop-down menu located under the “Choose your Camera” option.
- You’ll have to select the webcam you wish to use.
- After that, your video should now be displayed in the preview window. The filters are available under the preview window.
- You’ll then have to select the filter you wish to use in your video conferencing.
Now that the setup is complete, the next step is for you to select the virtual camera in the video meeting app which you’re going to use in Google Chrome.
Guideline to Use Snap Camera in Chrome 2021 | Snap Camera For Google Chrome