Table of Contents
With the iOS 12 version a top-notch ever since it was launched, users with the earlier versions can now be able to update to the version 12. There’s no doubt that having the latest versions updated on your device tends to improve the user-interface, therefore making your device to be faster and also do some interesting things. In this article, we’re going to teach how you can be able to update iPhone to iOS 12 without bothering to use a WIFI network.
Why is this so? Giving the fact that Apple doesn’t actually allow its users to update iPhone to iOS 12 with cellular data, it will be kind of trickery to break this and access the update. The reason behind that is due to the fact that iOS 12version alone is about 2.5 GB in size, and Apple’s cellular download is just about 150 MB. So as you can see, it’s quite difficult for you to install and update iPhone to iOS 12 on normal data without the help of a Wi-Fi network.
In as much as that, some users do not even fancy using a Wi-Fi network because of the fact that it has limitations in their specific regions. Or even to access a free Wi-Fi network can be a no go area in such regions. So for you reading this article and looking an alternative, we’re here to provide you with that so that you can be able to update iPhone to iOS 12. All you need to do is to continue reading further below and see how’s it’s done.
Ways to Update iPhone to iOS 12 without Wi-Fi
Follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- The first thing is to connect your iPhone device to a computer USB port using the USB cord.
- Once you do that, internet connection and the newest version of iTunes will be required.
- Click on the iPhone-shaped icon at the top left corner.
- Click on “Check for Update.”
- Then check for available version when a pop-up window appears.
- Click on “Download Update” and tap “Agree” so that it will start updating.
- While you’re on this process, your iPhone must be connected to the computer device.
- The next thing is where you’ll see an Apple logo on your iPhone. This may even take about an hour to pop-up.
- When this is done, just enter your password and boom! You’re on it.
Now that’s how easy it is for you to start enjoying the new iOS 12 version on your iPhone device.
Also See: About BigBoss Repo for iOS Devices
If you think you don’t want to go through this method, maybe because there’s no computer device available for this or reason best known to you, then there’s another method you need to try.
The other alternative is to connect to a Personal Hotspot. Yeah, that’s another method if you feel you can’t do with the above.
- All you need to do is to look for another device whether Android or Windows phone.
- If it’s an iPhone you’re using, just go to settings > cellular > then click on Personal Hotspot > tap the slider to turn it on.
- Then make sure your Wi-Fi is active by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > then tap on the name of the Personal Hotspot you want to join.
- Once you’ve done that, you can now be able to update your iPhone device to iOS 12 using the cellular data. All you need is to go to Settings > go to General > then to Software Update > after that, you can now click “Download and Install” and wait for few minutes.
With those steps above, you can be able to update your iPhone device without even bothering of using a Wi-Fi.
Due to the fact that there has been an update been made on iOS, there are some other certain things which you can be able to do with the device.
How to Fix Your iPhone Ringtones
You can probably as well fix the ringtone issue on your device whenever you want to. Having assigned a ringtone on your device and the sound for incoming calls is not even playing.
Switching of ringtones on iPhone and other devices like Android and Windows phone are quite different. So you need to follow the steps below so you can be able to fix your iPhones ringtones:
- The first step you need to take is to go to the Settings app and go to Sounds
- The next thing is to adjust the volume of your ringtone.
- You’ll see a Red color on the Mute button on your phone.
- All you need is to switch it on to let your ringtone to ring.
- The next thing is to restart your iPhone or power off and on.
Doing this will definitely fix your iPhone ringtones.
Note: If you were not able to fix the problem via the steps above, you’ll have to wait for new iOS update to fix this bug. This could be bugs in your present iOS version. All you need to do is to wait for the new update to get this bug fixed. And you can report the bug to Apple support to help it quickly fix it.
You might be interested in adding ringtones to iphone from a computer device.
One thing you’ll notice is that you may not find a Tones tab in iTunes 12.7. This is because Apple removes the ability to manage ringtones and apps. Apple suggests you to use the Sounds Settings on device to re-download your ringtones.
The alternative for the iTunes enables you to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone directly; you can also transfer songs to iPhone as ringtone.
- All you need to do is to open AnyTrans.
- Plug it in your iPhone and click on “Device Manager.”
- Go to the Category Management page in AnyTrans for iOS.
- After that, click on “Audio” and then choose your ringtones.
- Click on the “Settings” button to set the duration of the ringtones.
- After that, then you need to click on “Save” to confirm.
- The next thing is to click the + button.
- Select the ringtones or songs that you want to add to your iPhone and click “Open” for it to play.
Having seen how to fix your iPhone ringtones, we’ll also teach you how you can be able to hide and unhide photos on your iPhone, iPad, and even iPod touch. So all you need to do is to read further below in order to get the most out of your iPhone device.
How to Hide/Unhide Photos and Videos on iOS
Apple users can now get the chance to access interesting features such as hiding and unhiding photos or videos directly on the phone without using a third-party app.
This is due to the fact that there has been an issue of lack of space on devices when you might have exhausted the internal storage and maybe the external disk is running on low space, you can now be able to hide and unhide camera files on your device.
Hide your Photos & Videos
Follow the step-by-step procedure below in order to be able to hide photos and videos on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
When you hide an item, it is placed in an album called Hidden
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the “Photos” app, and navigate to the album that contains the photos or videos you wish to hide.
- Click on the “Select” option.
- After that, select the photos or videos you wish to hide.
- Then tap on the option at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll then have to click “Hide.”
- Finally, confirm your selection by selecting “Hide Photo/Video.”
Unhide the Hidden Photos and Videos
Prior to this procedure, we’re going to break it down cos iOS 12 and the newer versions are not the same with that of iOS 11 and the older versions.
iOS 12 and the newer versions
- At first you need to open the Photos App on your iPhone.
- Click on the Album tab to find different folders arranged by Apple.
- Scroll down and locate the Hidden album.
- Then select All Photos and Videos located using the “Select Option” tab located at the top right corner of the screen.
- The next thing is to click on the “Share” icon located at the bottom left corner of your iPhone screen.
- Then swipe and unhide the hidden photos on your phone, by clicking on the “Unhide” option so that all your photos will be moved to the camera roll folder.
IPhone/iPad/iPod Touch – iOS 11 and the Older Versions
- The first thing to do is to go to the camera app.
- Once it’s open, tap on “Album” located under the screen.
- Doing that will now enable you to see different folder options like Slow motion, Selfies, Videos, and the newly added hidden.
- All you need to do is to go to Hidden folder and then click on “Select” located at the top of the screen.
- After that, select all the photos or videos you want to unhide.
- The next thing is to click on the “Share” icon located under the screen.
- Finally, tap on the “Unhide” icon and save to the camera roll folder.