Have you been using Outlook account and still don’t know that you can do some certain things on your email account? One of the things you can do is to unsend email account on Outlook. This is what we’ll teach you here because we’ve packaged for you how you can be able to unsend email on Outlook.
There are so many advantages on Outlook account users. You have the ability to search for lots of mailboxes. One thing about outlook is the fact that it also comes with high level of security features. There are some certain things which we’re going to teach you here, not only how to unsend email on Outlook, but also how to send email, how to recall an email, and also how to share file or attachments.
Steps to Unsend Email on Outlook
- The first thing you need is to open your Outlook account.
- Select the “Sent Items” folder in the Navigation Pane.
- Then double-click the message you want to open it.
- After that, select the “Message” tab of the email message window.
- Click on the “Actions” option on the drop-down arrow located in the Move Group.
- After that, select “Recall Message.”
- Click on “Delete Unread Copies and Replace with a New Message.”
- After that, select “Tell me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient.”
- You’ll then see a check box which contains your notification information about your results.
- Finally, click the OK button.
To Recall an Email
- At first you need to open your Outlook account.
- Then click on the “Sent Items” folder to go to the Navigation Pane.
- Double-click on the message you want to recall.
- Click on the “Message” tab of the email message window.
- Click on the “Actions” drop-down arrow located in the Move group.
- Then select “Recall This Message.”
- Select “Delete Unread Copies of This Message.”
- After that, select “Tell Me if Recall Succeeds or Fails for Each Recipient.”
- A check box with a notification which contains your results will pop up.
- Once you’re done, click on “OK.”
Note: You need to know that you cannot be able to recall email messages which you sent outside your business network.
Read More: How to Create Hotmail Account
Having read about the procedures above but you’re new on Outlook, then you need to create an Outlook account then. Whether you’re using a PC/Mac or even iPhone/Android devices, you can as well setup and use this account.
Setup Outlook Account
Follow the steps below to create your Outlook email account.
- First thing is to go to your web browser and enter www.outlook.com.
- Once the signup page opens, click on “Create free account.”
- Enter your new email ID which will serve as your new username.
- Since Outlook and Hotmail are been linked together, you can select the drop-down arrow located at the username field in order to change your domain from default outlook.com to hotmail.com. After that, click on “Next.”
- Enter your new strong easy password and re-enter it again. After that, click “Next.”
- After that, enter your first and last name in the fields provided for you. Click “Next.”
- You’ll be required to choose your Country/region, your Birthday, and then click “Next.”
- You’ll have to enter characters from the CAPTCHA image for your identification confirmation. Click “Next.”
- Once you’re done with that, a welcome screen will be displayed to you showing that your Outlook account is now ready.
To Create and Send Email in Outlook
- First, you need to choose New Email to start a new message > enter a name or email address in the To, Cc, or Bcc field > in Subject, type the subject of the email message > place the cursor in the body of the email message, and then start typing > after typing your message, choose Send > once you’re done, just enter the user’s email ID you want to send the message to.
- In the body of the email message or calendar invite, enter the @ symbol and the first few letters of the contact’s first or last name. When Outlook offers you one or more suggestions, choose the contact you want to mention. Although by default, their full name is included. You can delete a portion of the mention. The mentioned contact is added to the ‘To’ line of the email or the meeting invite.
To Add a Contact
- If you want to add a contact, you need to select the People icon.
- Select New Contact or press Ctrl+N.
- Enter a name and any other information that you want to include for the contact.
- After that, select Save & New to create another contact or Save & Close once you’re done.
To Share a file to collaborate on attachments
SelectAttach File and choose a file. If the file has a small cloud icon, it’s already saved to the cloud, which lets you share and work on it with others. But if it does not, select the drop-down arrow and select Upload to OneDrive > type a message and select ‘Send’.
To Manage your calendar and contacts in Outlook
- Go to Calendar and select New Appointment.
- Add a Subject, Location, and the start and end times.
- Select Invite Attendees to turn the appointment into a meeting.
- Select Save & Close to finish, or click ‘Send’ if it’s a meeting.
- You can also use the Scheduling Assistant when you want to create a meeting. Using this can make you see when attendees and rooms are available. To do this, go to the new meeting request and select Scheduling Assistant.
- After that, the shaded area with vertical bars shows the meeting time.
- Then drag the bars to adjust the meeting time. The grid shows when attendees are available.
- Outlook will then show suggested times when you click on the right of the meeting request.
To setup an online meeting and shared notes, you need to select Teams Meeting. This inserts a link remote attendees can use to join the meeting. To set up a shared space for notes, select Meeting Notes. You can create a new OneNote notebook, or select an existing notebook. A link to the notebook appears in the meeting request.
To Add an Email Account to Outlook
- At first, you need to open Outlook.
- Then select “File.”
- Click on “Add Account.”
- After that, enter your email address and select “Connect.”
- If your screen looks different, enter your Name, Email address, and Password, and select “Next”.
- If prompted, enter your password and select “OK.”
- Finally, click on “Finish.”
Some New Features on Outlook
Microsoft announced the launch of a series of new features to appeal to business customers of its Teams platform on the month of March 2020. The integration of Teams and Outlook means that users can now move an email conversation directly from Outlook to a Teams chat. By clicking a button, you can be able to share a conversation from Teams to an email on Outlook. Microsoft has also added the ability to assign a tag to members of an organization so that users can better target their messages. Now, we’ll go over to what we have today (How to unsend email on Outlook).
Outlook can be used as a stand-alone application or can work with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server for multiple users in an organization, such as shared mailboxes and calendars, Exchange public folders, SharePoint lists, and meeting schedules. Developers are enabled to create their own custom software that works with Outlook and Office components using Microsoft Visual Studio. So for those using Windows Phone devices, you can synchronize almost all Outlook data to Outlook mobile.
Outlook offers all features for you, which includes inbox for your most important emails, swipe gestures to archive and delete messages, you can schedule messages to return to your inbox anytime you want, you can also pin important messages to the top of your inbox, and also text-formatting features to personalize your outgoing emails.
Outlook also adds travel itineraries and flight plans from emails to your calendar, which attaches files from Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box. You can also edit Microsoft Office files in your inbox. Although your ISP may not allow you to send an email for another account from your location.
Another feature you can see on the platform is what is called ‘Premium Outlook’. With this, anyone who subscribes to Microsoft Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal software packages receives Outlook with premium features as part of the application package. Not only that, with Office 365, but you’ll also be offered a 50 GB mailbox, improved malware scanning, ad-free inbox, offline email composition and automatic syncing capabilities, and a customized domain.
How to Delete an Email from Outlook
Removing an email account from Outlook doesn’t deactivate the email account. Once you delete an account from Outlook, you’ll no longer be able to send and receive mail from that account in Outlook.
- From the main Outlook window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, and then select “Remove.”
- You’ll see a message warning you that all offline cached content for this account will be deleted.
- Then click “Yes” to confirm.
If you’re using Windows 10, mobile phone, or tablet devices, then you’ll need to follow this process cos it’s quite different from the above.
- Choose Settings in the lower-left corner.
- Then select Manage Accounts, and then choose the account that you want to remove.
- After that, click on “Delete account.”
To locate the Settings in your mobile phone or tablet, you’ll have to click on the “More” option located at the bottom of the page.
If you want to confirm whether you have an Outlook Exchange account, you’ll have to select the “File” tab > click on “Account Settings” > then choose “Account Settings” again. After that, you’ll have to check the Type column for the account you’re using. This will appear as “Microsoft Exchange.”
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.