Table of Contents
Steps to Setup Twitter Account In A Minute| Twitter Signup
Have you heard of twitter? Yeah probably you might have but you’ve still not signed up for it. Trust me you’re definitely missing! When you talk about a polished social media site that is quite secure and scam-free with high level of security, then you should think of Twitter. Just like I said before, I know there are many that have not heard of twitter or even how to use it. But don’t worry because this site has packaged for you procedures on how you can setup twitter account.
Additionally, as a blogger you also need to setup twitter account for blog. This is because it tends to help you advertise/market your blog more efficiently. Doing this will definitely drive lots of traffic to your blog and improve its popularity. So it will be outstanding if after creating a twitter account for your personal use, you still create a separate one strictly for your blog.
How to Setup Twitter account
Without much emphasis, I’m just going to show you the step-by-step process that will help you to create this account easily.
- At first, you need to go to your browser and type Twitter.com.
- Once it has opened, just click on the Signup option.
- The next thing for you is to fill in your information as directed.
- Then enter the name you want to use for your twitter account, phone number or email. If the account is for your bog or business, then it’s advisable for you to use your company’s name for it.
- Once you’re done filling out your information and other details, the twitter team will send a code to either your email or phone number depending on the one you used for your sign up. The need for this is just to verify your email or phone number.
- Finally, you need to create a strong password you want to use. Make sure you create the one you can remember or rather right it down in a safe place.
- Once you verified your account, you will be taken to the twitter home page, and you will be logged into your Twitter account.
Now your account is all but set! Once you’ve completed the account setup, all you need is to add information to personalize it and make it more colorful. You can simply do this by clicking on the Settings button.
See Also: How to Create Gmail Account
Getting Started with Your New Account
Having been able to setup twitter account, you can be able to share your thoughts, links and views. There are many things which you can be able to use twitter for. You can use twitter to connect with many prominent people and engage in a conversation with them. You stand the chance to benefit more on twitter giving that it is one of the most popular network site only second to Facebook. So why not go through this article and learn how to setup twitter account for yourself.
The next in line is where you’ll have to add your profile picture, you can specifically write a short biography about yourself. Make sure you use your real photo so that you can easily be recognized by your friends. If it’s a blog or business account, using the logo of the company is highly advisable for quick recognition, credibility and transparency. You can decide to add value to your blog by introducing a URL (website, blog, LinkedIn profile, about me) so your potential audience can easily access your info or that of your company.
Once your account has been set, you will be asked to follow a minimum number of people, in as much as the fact that there are millions of people with a twitter account. So with this, it won’t be too difficult for you to find someone to follow. How it works is that if one of your contacts has a twitter account, they will appear so you can simply follow them. You can choose followers of a specific category or group, so it will be easier for you to follow users and professionals related to your activity. Science and Technology, TV and Movies, Politics and Government, Sports, Music or Entertainment are some of the groups of interest that you can access. If the account is based on your blog or business, it is advisable for you to follow users that can add value or be of any interest for the growth of your company. Well that’s for your sake and for the sake of your blog or business.
There are common mistakes which users make when creating their twitter account. Many users feel comfortable when they complete all the steps in creating their account without remembering how to manage their account and put it into use. One of those mistakes is that many users tend to protect their tweets by selecting the check box under Twitter privacy. It is advisable not to use it, because once you use “Protect my Tweet feature”, other users can’t see your tweets until you allow them to follow you and you miss out a big opportunity of reaching out to masses.
Having a business twitter account definitely shows that you’re on it on a professional base. But you need to try as much as possible to make it more authentic and unique. Again, Remember that creating a twitter account can help you gain more clients and improve your brand’s visibility.
- If you want to promote your company professionally, you need to enter your twitter account more often in order to see new notifications, find new followers and keep your profile updated with relevant info.
- Be transparent to follow other companies that are related to you and that of your business. And you need to try and find strategic collaborators because doing this will enable you and your company to be followed.
- You can comment and interact with your followers because it gives you better visibility and more contacts.
- Don’t ever forget to respond to all questions or comments been made from your follows with respect to your business.
- Use tools to analyze and know when you’re targeted. Monitor what has been said about your business on twitter or find out when it’s best to tweet because users can be as active to comment or discriminate.
- There is what we call Metricool on twitter. This is used to measure the current situation of your published content on twitter in order to analyze, manage and measure the success of your tweets. So it is advisable to always go for it.
See More: Signup BeNaughty Login Account
Accessing your New Twitter Account
There are lots of things to know on twitter because it contains loads of features and accessibility. After completing all the previous steps to create your Twitter account, you can easily access your recently created profile and log in whenever you want. Just like I highlighted for you above, you can really get the most out of your new twitter account. You need to have followers and follow professionals that you are actually interested in.
There are guidelines of twitter terminologies if you are still not familiar with twitter yet. Trust me this will be very useful for you.
- If you want to write a tweet, you can definitely text up to 280 characters depending on what you want to write.
- You can retweet by sharing a tweet posted by another person and show it on your Twitter profile. When you retweet you can either share the tweet or Quote Tweet. When you quote tweet you can add a comment as an introduction and bellow the tweet that you quoted.
- Users who follow your Twitter account so they can see your tweets in their timeline.
- There is also a Hashtag. This is a word or string of words with no spaces preceded by the pound symbol (#) that it’s used to identify specific topics. The more interactions you receive, the better possibilities to gain visibility.
- There is also a Trending Topic (TT). This refers to those topics receiving more comments and attention than others on the social network in a specific period of time. Something can be a Trending Topic for just few days, hours or even minutes. A TT can be generated in a specific country or at a global level.
- You can also decide to unfollow on twitter. This is when you decide to stop following a particular user on your account.
- Don’t forget, to check whether your account has been properly verified, there is a blue badge and indicates that an account from a business or person is authentic.
Note: You can also synchronize your twitter account with your other email accounts or your accounts in other social networks. For instance if you have other email accounts, you can easily link your new twitter account to those email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, and others.
You can simply drop your comment in the box below.
Read More: Things you Should Know About Facebook Jail