Sometimes you want to take a snap with a silent sound on Snapchat but you cannot be able to that. In this article, we’re going to show you how you can be able to turn off snapchat camera sound on your device, be it iPhone or Android. There’s no doubt that you’re a cool photo freak and you always like to interest your fans with your pics. Actually you don’t always like the sound on Snapchat whenever you want to take a snap. We’ve drafted for you steps on how you can be able to turn the camera sound off.
There’s no doubt that Snapchat continues to upgrade in all angles. Not long has this platform been developed compared to some other platforms, but it has continued to grow more popular. Snapchat allows you to chat with your friends, post your stories online, and also enables you to filter your pictures to impress your fans.
Snapchat is an application that makes use of phones camera to take pictures and videos online. You can as well use your built-in camera app to take cool beautiful photo. This has been the direct route people take not even minding the main phone’s camera. So read further below so that you’ll learn how to turn off Snapchat camera sound.
Turn off Snapchat Camera Sound on iPhone/Android
We’ll teach you the various steps on both an iPhone and Android device.
Using an iPhone Device
There are two methods to turn off Snapchat camera sound on an iPhone or iPad.
1. Using the Side Button
Using the button mutes all kinds of system sound that might be a ringtone, Message and notification alert sound, and Camera shutter sounds in third-party applications such as Snapchat. Sometimes side button doesn’t work in the case if you muted your iPhone using Virtual Sound button that is available in Assistive touch.
In order to use the Side button to turn off your camera sound on Snapchat; open your Snapchat app > then turn off and turn on the button two times to reset the Mute/Unmute sound.
2. Using the Assistive Touch Button
One interesting thing about this method is that you can see loads of options like; Volume Up button, Volume Down button, Mute/Unmute button, Lock Screen button, Rotate Screen button, Take Screen Shot button, Restart button, Speak Screen button, and App Switcher button, etc…
Using this method on your iPhone device, you’ll have to go to your Settings app and enable the Assistive Touch button. In order to this; go to the Settings app > click on General > click on Accessibility > tap on “Assistive Touch” button > click on “Device” > then tap on the “Bell Icon” to turn off the Shutter sound and that’s it!
Note: The step above is for iOS 12 below devices.
If you’re using iOS 13 above devices, then you can access the Touch Screen Home button.
You also need to go to the Settings app > click on “Accessibility” > tap on “Touch” > then click on the “Assistive Touch” > after that, toggle on the Assistive Touch.
Note: Using an iPhone to turn off Snapchat camera sound depends on the regional model of your phone. For instance; iPhones from Korea or Japan normally have the shutter sound switched on. According to sources, if you staying in either Korea or Japan and you purchased your iPhone from those places, it’s obvious you cannot be able to turn off the camera shutter sound.
Using an Android Device
For Android users, you can mute the shutter sound on Snapchat by going to the default Camera Application > click on the Clog Wheel to go to Settings > then locate the Shutter Sound and toggle it Off.
Now that’s how easy it is! You can do this anytime you don’t what your Snapchat camera to disturb an important private meeting or event. Or maybe if you just feel like keeping it on a silent mode while you take your snaps
If you’ve not been using your Snapchat’s camera, then you should cos it’s actually smooth and fascinating. We’re gonna teach you how you can be able to use your Snapchat camera if you don’t know how to.
Using an iPhone Device
- At first, you need to open the Settings tab via the Snapchat app on your iphone device.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Snapchat” settings.
- The next thing to do is to toggle the Camera on. Now once you’ve done that, you can be able to access the camera on your iPhone Snapchat app.
Using an Android Device
- Go to your Settings and click on “Applications.”
- Then locate and open Snapchat.
- Go to Permissions and enable the Camera.
More on the Snapchat Camera
- If you’ve already granted access to Snapchat app but can’t still access camera on Snapchat, then you need to put the restrictions on the Snapchat app’s camera on your iPhone or Android device. In order to solve this, you need to go through your app’s Settings and tap “Screen Time” > tap “App limits” > go to Snapchat and locate Camera > then delete app limit or disable app.
- If you’ve tried the above and the issue still persists, then you need to remove the camera restrictions. In order to do this, open the Settings app > tap on “Screen Time” > click on “Content & Privacy restrictions > tap on “Allowed Apps” > then turn on camera.
- Another shortcut to follow if the problem continues is to force close your Snapchat app and restart your mobile device.
- Still not solved the problem? Don’t worry cos there’s another solution to try out. You’ll have to update the Snapchat app on your mobile device. Navigate to the app store > tap on the Profile icon > then scroll down and click on “Update Snapchat.” For Android device; Go to Google Play Store and search for Snapchat > then if it opens, click on “Update.”
- If there’s still an error that still occurs, then you should make sure that your device is up to date. In case you want to do that, we’ll teach you how to.
So if you’re using an iPhone; all you need is to go to the Settings app > go to General > then scroll down and tap “Software Update” to update the device.
But if you’re using an Android device; open the Settings of your device > click on “About Phone” > then scroll down and click on “Software Information” and then update the device.
- Finally, the only option remaining if the problem has not been solved is for you to delete the app and then reinstall it back again on your mobile device.
You May be Interesting in Snapchat Filters
We need you to improve your Snapchat usage by teaching you how you can be able to enable and use Snapchat Filters. So read further below to learn this trick
- To enable Snapchat Filters, you need to open your Snapchat app.
- Click on your profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “Gear icon” at the top-right to open your Settings.
- You can proceed by clicking on “Manage.”
- Then click on the Slider at the top to turn on filters.
If you want to use Snapchat Filter, the first thing you should do is to take a photo by clicking on the circle at the bottom corner of the screen, or take a video by tapping and holding it down > Swipe right or left over the photo or video you just took to cycle through your filters > Then click on the blue-and-white button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to send the Snap to friends or add it to your story.
You can as well make a Snapchat BabyFilter on yourself. Snapchat Babyfilter enables you to make changes to your face, by making your face to look like a baby but still maintaining that recognition.
- If you want to make a Snapchat BabyFilter, you need to open Snapchat and activate the front camera.
- Then click on your face. You’ll see the lens gallery as it shows up at the bottom.
- Swipe left to find the Babyfilter. Continue swiping till you see a lens icon with a baby in form of a yellow hoodie. Just tap on it.
- But if you can’t find the Babyfilter, click on the lens icon in the bottom and search for “Baby” from the search bar at the top.
- Your Babyfilter will now be active. You can then take a photo or record a video depending on the one you wish to do.
- Finally, you can now save the photo, and you can still share the photo if you want.
You can still use this BabyFilter on another person. All you need is to use the rear camera and a different screen in order to perform this action.
- The first thing you need to do is to open your device on another screen.
- Go to the Snapchat camera view and switch to the rear facing camera.
- When their face is in the camera view, just tap on it.
- Then select the Babyfilter from the bottom.
- Now you can see that their face now has the Babyfilter.
- Finally, tap on the shutter button to take the picture.
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.