Table of Contents
How to Setup Skype Account In A Minute| Skype Signup
Do you wish to setup a Skype account but finding it a bit hard to do so? You are definitely on the right sight that will enlighten on how you can be able to go through this. But if you’ve not heard of Skype or have not started using it, then you’re actually missing. Skype is an excellent tool for making free or cheap phone calls. Not only can you call from one Skype account to another for free, but you can make domestic and international calls at extremely low rates using your device’s data plan or WI-Fi connection. This site has already got it packaged for you on how you can set up a Skype account and start making use of it.
Skype is an application that allows you to engage in video and equally a vice chat through the use of computers, tablets, phone devices, Xbox, and smartwatches over the internet. Not only that, the site also provides you with instant messaging services. This will enable you to send text messages, video messages, audio messages, and even images. One other interesting thing about Skype is that you can be able to engage in professional video conference calls online.
One thing about Skype is the fact that you can be able to use it on both Android and iOS. Gone are those days when you need a computer before you can be able to access the site. Although, the Android version of Skype does support video calling but it’s not actually available on all Android devices. So it actually depends on the type of phone device you’re using.
Supported Android devices include: Samsung’s Nexus S, Galaxy S, Droid Charge, Tab 7; HTC’s Desire, Incredible S, Evo 4G, ThunderBolt, Flyer; Sony Ericsson’s Xperia PLAY; LG’s Revolution and Optimus Black; and Motorola’s Droid 3, Atrix, Xoom, and Photon. Supported iOS devices include: iPhone (3G, 3GS, and 4), iPod Touch (3rd and 4th generations), and iPad (1 and 2). Skype requires iOS 4.0 or later. If you have an iPod Touch 3rd generation or an iPhone 3G, you will be able to receive only video. So if you have any of the listed devices above, this article is actually for you to know how you can setup Skype account on your device.
How to Setup Skype Account
The first thing you need to do is to download the Skype app on your device. In order to do so, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to your Internet browser and enter www.skype.com in the address tab to open the Home page of the Skype Web site.
- After that, click the “Download” button on the Skype home page to open the Download page.
Skype will begin the download to your computer. It will automatically determine the operating system and the Web browser that you are using. This screen will tell you what to do after the program downloads. If the download doesn’t start automatically, you will be able to start it manually by clicking on Start Download Again.
- After you click to download the program, you’ll be prompted to save or open the program SkypeSetup.exe. Always choose to save the file to your hard drive. Do not open or run the program during the download process.
Skype sometimes posts two types of downloads, the general public version and the next new beta version. If you are just starting out, it’s best to download the general public version because it’s more stable. In time, the beta version will become the public version, and you can upgrade.
- Once you’re done with that, click “Save to Disk.”
- Then select an easy-to-remember location, such as the Windows Desktop, and click “OK.” Remember this location so that you can double-click the file after it is saved.
Now that’s the first step. You’ll now have to complete you Skype installation into your device.
- First, double-click the Skype Setup program that you just saved or just click “Run” if you have that option.
- A User Account Control window will open asking you for permission, you just need to click “Continue.”
- When the installer program launches, it asks you to choose a language; select it from a drop-down list.
- The next thing is where the Installer Program will request that you read and accept the End User License Agreement. You need to accept this to continue the installation. The program may also ask if you want to install certain other programs or browser add-ons. If you don’t want the extras, just uncheck the box and click on “Next.”
- Once you’re done with that, just click the “Options” button.
On this page you have the choice to launch Skype as soon as the installation is complete. This box is already checked. If you don’t want Skype to start up right away, deselect the box by clicking it. You also have the option to update the Skype Extras Manager and to install a Skype Plugin for the web browser that you have installed on the computer.
- Finally click “I agree” and then tap “Install.”
Now that your Skype is ready for use, you’ll now have to your Name, a Skype Name, and Password > the next screen asks for your e-mail address, country, and city. If the Skype name you specified is already in use, you will get a chance to choose another name. Once you complete this step, your Skype account is all but set!
See Also: Google Hangouts Login
How to Make calls on Skype
Now that you’ve been able to setup Skype account successfully, it’s now time to teach you how you can be able to make personal video calls, group calls, and even calling directing a phone number or landline through Skype. To make calls on Skype is actually free with no charges. All you need is just a working internet connection and of course an active data.
To Make a Personal Video Call
In order to do this, you first need to sync and add your contact list on Skype and you’ll see your friends that are on Skype.
- Find thing is locate who you want to call from your Contacts list.
- Then Select the contact you want to call, and then click on either the “Audio or Video”button.
- Once you’ve selected one, you’ll be transferred directly to the person.
- Once you’re done with the call, just click on the “End call” button to hang up.
To Make a Group Call
You can engage up to 49 other people in your video chat on Skype. But engaging more than that has limitations because it depends on the kind of device you’re using. So therefore, if you want to diver to a group call, just follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to your Calls list and click on the “New call”button.
- Then Select all the participants you want to call.
- After that, click on the “Call” button.
Note: In case you want to engage in a group call with more than 25 participants, know that they will be ringless, meaning that the group will receive a notification that the call has started and can select the Join Call button when they’re ready. But if they’re less than that, you have the right yourself to choose whether to ring everyone individually or to make it ringless and then send notifications, unlike the former (More than 25) where you don’t have the right to determine that.
To Call Someone’s Mobile Number or Landline
The first thing to do is to open the Dial Pad > Then search the contact’s phone number or use the dial pad’s corresponding number/letter key combination to search for the contact by name.
But if you already have the person’s number in your list, just find the person you want to call from your Contacts list > Select the person you want to call, and then click on the “Audio” or “Video” button. If the person has more than one phone number saved, you can select the number you want to call from a drop-down list.
Note: If you want to call an international number, all you need to do is to select the country/region where the person is currently staying from the drop-down menu.
There are two versions of Skype if you’re using an Android device. There is Skype for Android and also Skype Mobile for Verizon. Skype for Android enables you to place domestic and international calls over a 3G or WI-Fi connection. But if you have a Verizon Android device, you’ll need to download the Skype Mobile for Verizon app (otherwise, download the Skype for Android app). Skype Mobile for Verizon does not allow you to place domestic calls, but you can still place international calls over a 3G or WI-Fi connection.
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.
Read More: How to Create Uber Account