Table of Contents
Robert Pattinson | 30 Things You Didn’t Know About Robert Pattinson | Movies, Wife, Height, Age, TV Shows
In this Know things, we’ll be giving you kind of detail about Robert Pattinson. I know this name might seem unfamiliar to some people. But did I actually watch Harry Potter? Yeah, I’m sure you must have remembered him now. Or if not, sure you’ve watched Twilight? Remember that moody vampire who happens to be one of the, if not the major actor of that movie? Yeah, Rober Pattinson is his real name. We’ve packaged for you a brief history which you need to know about Robert Pattinson and his journey to fame.
During his early years, he had quite a difficult and mixed adventure of his own. During an interview on “The Howard Stern Show” in 2017, Pattinson said he was expelled from his “elite” grade school for stealing pornographic magazines and selling them to his friends. He would replenish his supply of magazines by stealing them from a local store, which ultimately led to the actor getting caught. In a 2017 interview with Time Out London, Pattinson said that he had to choose between his role in “Harry Potter” and attending University. That was the period he chose to cast as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter.
Apart from playing a role in “Harry Potter” and down to performing in “Twilight,” there are other lots of movies which he has also featured in. The actor also featured in popular movies like, “Water for Elephants,” The Rover,” “Remember Me,” as well as some other hosts of movies. For the time being, Robert Pattinson has featured in over 30 movies or more. And currently, he’s on the run of showing up in the screen once more with the upcoming “Batman” movie, which is been directed by Matt Reeves and will be debuted in 2021. Now, let’s get you on the way by updating you on all you need to know about Robert Pattinson.
Things You Should Know About Robert Pattinson
Below are some key and interesting facts you probably didn’t know about Robert Pattinson.
About His Personal Life
- Pattinson speaks French. Kinda. According to him, his Francophonic skills rank only at a “3-year-old’s standard.” That’s not too bad.
- As the youngest of three siblings, Pattinson was the butt of many jokes. The cruellest: his older sisters would dress him up as a girl and introduce him to people as “Claudia.” This gag went on until he was 12.
- Robert Pattinson has super limbs. The actor has double-jointed fingers, which he puts to good use as a goalie in British football. He’s also broken his nose three times in the field—his fingers would bend back, letting the ball hit him square in the face.
- Robert Pattinson hates being called “R-Patz.” He is quoted as wanting to “strangle” anyone who uses the nickname.
- At the age of 12, Pattinson was expelled from his private school in England. He has never disclosed the reason why. He was also expelled from school for stealing, and then selling pornographic magazines to his friends.
- After getting kicked out of private school, Pattinson began a lucrative modeling career from the ages of 12 to 16. He blames the decline of his career on becoming “too much of a guy.” When he started modeling, Pattinson claims the “androgynous look was cool,” which spelled big bucks for his peculiar pairing of tall frame and looking “like a girl.” After the “fad” ended, the job offers dried up.
- Do you also know that apart from acting, Robert Pattinson is also a Musician? Giving the fact that he can be able to play piano and guitar, he also sings and writes his own music as well. For instance; it was his voice that you were hearing on the “Twilight” soundtrack in his original songs “Never Think” and “Let Me Sign.” Not only that, one of his more recent songs was recorded for Claire Denis’s “High Life” movie.
- One thing that will amaze you in the actor is that he doesn’t even know how to drive! Pattinson told Ellen DeGeneres during his first appearance on her show that he “Technically I am driving, but I don’t actually know how to drive,” he said. “It’s absolutely terrifying. Plus I don’t know how to use the little wipey thing on the windscreen, so I can’t actually see.” So you can be as shocked as I am right now.
- Do you also know that the famous actor have not actually acted on a TV show. Yeah you heard me right! Giving the fact that he had appeared in TV movies and video shorts, but throughout his near 15-year career, he’s never featured on acting on any TV show.
- At the time, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s relationship was a low-key open secret in Hollywood. The two began dating in 2008 on the set of “Twilight,” but their relationship did not become public until 2010 after the pair were seen on holiday on an island off the English coast together.
- While they were dating, Robert Pattinson popped the question to Kristen Stewart on multiple occasions. This was verified by Stewart who said, “I mean, I don’t know how serious he was, but yes.”
- In 2009, Pattinson was declared to be “most handsome man in the world” by Vanity Fair. Angelina Jolie won that year for “most beautiful woman in the world,” so the competition was clearly tough.
- In 2012, his then-girlfriend Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on him with her Snow White and the Huntsman director, Rupert Sanders. As if to rub it in, she was captured embracing her director… while holding Pattinson’s baseball cap in her hand. What’s less remembered is how their relationship wasn’t immediately destroyed: Stewart and Pattinson took a break after the scandal but did reconcile later that year. Nevertheless, they officially called it quits after 2013. As it turned out, Pattinson never got over the trust issues which resulted from the fallout of Stewart’s stepping out.
- In the fallout of Kristen Stewart’s cheating scandal, the spurned Pattinson allegedly hid in the home of his longtime friend and “Water for Elephants” co-star, Reese Witherspoon.
- The actor is a long-time friend of singer Katy Perry. She’s another gal pal who got him through his public break-up with Kristen Stewart.
Being an Actor
- While he plays a blood-sucking bad boy, Pattinson himself loves a different kind of “bad boys”: “Cops” is his favourite TV show.
- Pattinson attended the premiere of “Vanity Fair” without knowing that he had been cut from the film. Luckily, the casting director felt bad and got Pattinson an audition to play Cedric Diggory in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” which became his second-most famous role. In a deleted scene, Robert Pattinson played Reese Witherspoon’s son in “Vanity Fair” in2004.
- Years later, he would go on to play her love interest in “Water for Elephants in 2011.”
- In a 2017 interview with Time Out London, Pattinson said that he had to choose between his role in “Harry Potter” and attending university.
- Robert Pattinson played the ill-fated Cedric Diggory in “Harry Potter and the Goblet Fire,” which became his first major role and also contributed to boosting his fame.
- Right before he got the job in “Twilight,” Pattinson was thinking about leaving acting altogether. While the role in “Goblet of Fire” was sweet, he was still having trouble finding work. His alternate plans included going back to school to become a political speechwriter or throwing his hat back into music.
- When Pattinson was the first cast in Twilight, more than 75,000 readers signed a petition to ban him from embodying their beloved Edward. Some people just can’t be pleased.
- To capture Edward’s magically piercing stare, Pattinson wore golden eye contacts throughout filming “Twilight.” He charmingly referred to these enhancements as “orange blobs.”
- On the first day of filming for “Twilight,” he suffered an unfortunate butt cheek injury. Pattinson told MTV in 2012, that on the first day of filming “Twilight” he almost tore his glute during a fight scene. “[They] had to get a physiotherapist to come in and massage my butt cheek for the rest of the day,” he said. “I was there for three months working out and stuff.
- Pattinson almost got fired form “Twilight.” According to the star, he was acting “too serious” as Edward and was told to lighten up. He was even given a copy of Stephanie Meyer’s “Twilight” with every mention of his character smiling highlighted for inspiration. Luckily, he and the director eventually came to a compromise about the character.
- Between the second and third Twilight films, Pattinson only got three entire days off to film his other flick, “Remember Me.”
- He is an award-winning kisser. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson have won the best kiss award four times. Pattinson and “Twilight” costar Kristen Stewart won the MTV Movie and TV Award for best kiss four times.
- Pattinson got his acting start after getting discovered, ironically, in the theatre. Seeing a show at the Barnes Theatre Company, he was noticed and then went on to star in “Tess of the d’Urbervilles.”
- Robert Pattinson got his role in the Safdie Brothers’ “Good Time” based on his love of a single photo from their other film, “Heaven Knows What.” Just a photograph. Struck by the still, Pattinson sent the directors a personal email expressing intrigue in their next project—whatever it would be.
- He’s currently performing in an upcoming “Batman” movie, which is been directed by Matt Reeves and will be debuted in 2021.