Table of Contents
Steps to Remove Mutual Friends on Facebook: Some people have been asking “how it’s even possible to remove mutual friends on Facebook?” But we’re here to tell you that it’s very much possible only if you follow the right steps in this article. But the thing is that before you can be able to remove/hide friends from your list, it is by communicating with your friend directly because it will be between both parties so that other friends cannot see the friend on your list.
Facebook has introduced many privacy features so as to help users control the activities or actions of their profile. With Facebook having setup the Friends-list option, you can now edit the settings and remove mutual friends on Facebook instead of hiding your profile entirely by blocking people to prevent them from seeing your friends on Facebook.
The Friends-list option on your profile page is been set for all your friends and the public to see by default. So it is left for you to make the changes by going to the privacy settings if you don’t want your Facebook friends to list to be on the public for everyone to see. Now read further below to see how you can remove mutual friends on Facebook…
How to Remove Mutual Friends on Facebook
- The first step is to open Facebook on your phone device, or you can go to facebook.com to open it via a web browser.
- Then click on the menu icon, which is denoted by 3-dot lines located at the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings and Privacy”
- Then tap on “Settings” which is the first option below “Settings & Privacy”
- Select “Privacy Settings” which is the first option below Privacy.
- Then click on “Who can see your friends list?” located under the How People Find and Contact You
- Select “Only Me” to hide your friends’ list from everyone on Facebook. Although, your Facebook friends can still be able to see which friends you have in common.
- Finally, You’ll then message those friends and tell them to “Restrict who can view their friends’ list to Only Me.” Once they do this, they won’t be able to see your mutual friends.
8 Steps to Remove Mutual Friends on Facebook