Table of Contents
How do I Recover an Old Facebook Account
Have you suddenly forgotten your Facebook account and cannot be able to recover it? Or wait, has your account been hacked and you cannot be able to recover the account again? I know this is so frustrating to some users knowing full well that it’s about creating a new Facebook account. Well, you don’t need to even bother about creating another account cos we’ll teach you how you can recover an old Facebook account very easily.
Facebook provides you with different methods in order to recover your account. With those methods, you can be able to recover an old Facebook account which you think won’t be ever possible to recover again. This is essential especially when you didn’t initially set up backup recovery options on your previous account. All you need to do is to read below so you can see the several methods to take in order to recover an old Facebook account.
Methods to Recover an Old Facebook Account
There are about three different methods drafted for you here so that you can be able to recover an old Facebook account.
- One of the easiest methods to get your account in place is logging out from the device you previously logged into. Sometimes you might be using an iPhone device now but you initially logged into your account on an Android or computer devices, or it can be on another browser or a third-party app on either of your devices.
At first, all you need is to make sure that you’re logged out on that previous device because you cannot be able to log in using this new device.
But in as much as that, you can still recover the account through resetting the password. All you need is to have your email or phone number, depending on the one you logged in with. Then request for a password reset and a code will be sent to you so you can enter a new password.
- What if you can’t get access to the email account or phone number? This can be very tough but there’s a solution. Sometimes you might not be able to remember what you’ve been logging in with simply because it’s been long or maybe someone hacked your account entirely, changing the phone number or username. Don’t worry about that cos you can still recover the account.
All you need is to go to the bottom left corner of your reset password page and then click on the link “No longer have access to these?” Once you do that, Facebook will just ask for a new email or phone number. You can confirm this by clicking on “Continue”. And then you’ll be required to enter the full names of about five contacts you get in touch with often on your previous account. Facebook will then run a process that might take up to 24 hours to recover your old account for you.
See Also: How to Change Your Facebook Password
- Last not but the least is contacting Facebook support team directly via email. If the above methods used are not effective for you, all you’ll need to do is to send a mail to email@example.com so that you can be able to lay your complaint for them.
To embark on this method, you might be required to provide your passport or driver’s license, or even attaching your ID in your first email and then wait for their reply.
Note: It is mandatory that you set-up a two-factor authentication anytime you want to create a new Facebook account so that you don’t go through the account recovery process.
But if think you want to simply create a new account to keep it fresh, then we’ll still show you how to in case you’ve already forgotten the steps.
Follow the step-by-step process below provided for you to set up new Facebook account for yourself.
- The first step is for you to download the Facebook app and launch it, or click on www.facebook.com.
- Once the site opens, you need to click on “Create New Account.”
- After that, click on “Get Started.”
- The next screen that opens is where you’ll have to fill out your Full Name, Date of Birth, and Gender.
- Then enter your mobile phone number, or click on “Use your email address.” The reason for this is during your recovery process. In case your account is been hacked, to recover it will need your mobile number verification or email verification, depending on the one you chose during sign up.
- The next thing is for you to create your password and then confirm the password. Now when it comes to this aspect, you need to make sure to use a strong password with a combination of alphabets/numbers/sign. This will at least make it difficult for fraudsters to hack your account. And again, never disclose your password to anyone you don’t know or trust.
- After that, click on “Sign up.”
- Finally, you’ll need to confirm your phone number or email address depending on the one you’re using.
Now that you’ve successfully created your account, you can search for friends on Facebook. All you need is to click on the “Search icon” located at the top right corner of your page > then write the person’s full name and wait > a list of people with same name will pop up for you. All you need is view their respective profile pictures to know the right person you’re looking for.
Still keeping it fresh, it’s good you access your Facebook settings so that you can be making proper use of them anytime so to be more effective.
In order to locate your Facebook Settings, you need to click on the option tab at the top right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy and click “Settings.”
- Then click on the settings you want to update from the options in the left bar.
You can either select General (which comprises of your name, username, or Facebook email), Security and log in (which comprises of changing your password, turn on alerts, approvals to keep your account secure), Privacy (you can adjust who can see your posts), Timeline and Tagging (here you can see who can see your timeline and who can see your tags), Blocking (be able to manage who and what to block),) Face Recognition (Either turn face recognition on or off), Language and Region (select the language and date format you want).
You’ve logged in to your new account but the language is not that of your region, or the region in your account is simply not correct. Here’s how to change that:
- At first you need to go to the option tab at the top right corner as usual.
- Scroll to “Settings & Privacy” and click on “Settings.”
- Then click on “Language and Region” in the left column.
That’s where you’ll have to change the language you see in your account. you can also change your region settings such as date, time, and numbers. Once you’re done with that, you can just update it to correspond with your region format.
Then click Edit > after that select the language you want > click “Save Changes.” Then for the location settings; go to Formats for dates/times/numbers > click “Edit” and select a region > click on “Save changes.”
Just like you’re accessing your new account, it will be important for you to know things to do so that your new account will not be blocked by Facebook itself. That could be worse than someone hacking your account.
So see the things you’ll do and your account will be blocked:
- One of the things most users do is Spamming. It is peculiar on Facebook nowadays and it can get your account closed.
- When you engage in hate speech, be it with on another user or group, under no circumstance do you have the right to use harsh words or to threaten someone or any group. If so, you’ll have yourself to blame.
- Some users are fond of posting nude pictures and videos on Facebook. You should note now that frequently doing so will automatically lead to you been jailed.
- Posting of fake/provocative contents or any form of plagiarism is not allowed on Facebook. With that, you’ll be banned or blocked from accessing your account.
One thing you should have in mind is that no matter how popular you think you are on Facebook, once you violate those rules by engaging yourself on the above-listed illegalities, your account will definitely be disabled.
If you don’t want to fall into this trap, then you need to do the below:
- Maintain your limit while tagging your friends in a particular post.
- Maintain one account, and don’t misuse the other. Don’t create multiple accounts for a purpose cos if you do, you’ll be monitored and you’ll be blocked from Facebook.
- Don’t send friend requests to people you don’t know repeatedly when they don’t want to accept you.
- Be very mindful of people that can get your page marked as spam. Sometimes you’ll see your posts in constant spamming and you’ll not be aware of the source. So report the account by marking as spam so you’ll not be in trouble.
- Most importantly, avoid fraudulent activities. For instance, if you’re involved in Facebook ads, then you need to make sure that your real credit card detail is what you’re using. This is because Facebook does not like stolen cards to be registered with them, otherwise that account will be blocked permanently.
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.
How do I Recover an Old Facebook Account
How do I Recover an Old Facebook Account