Table of Contents
There has been much demand for most of the popular best gift cards over some time now. If you want to package a gift for your friend or colleague, probably as a holiday gift or birthday gift, then you should consider presenting a gift card to the person. You might not know what gift card does but you’re on the right site that will enlighten you more on it, and equally give you a list of the popular best gift cards we have currently.
A gift card in a simple term is kind of a prepaid voucher which is been used as an alternative to cash for purchases. Well, not all countries fancy or makes use of this but it’s quite cool and valuable. You don’t need to go about looking for gifts to buy for your friend. With a gift card, you’ve actually saved yourself that stress. That is only if you go for one of the popular best gift cards which meet a certain value of what you want.
Another interesting thing about using gift cards is that you can be able to make your own choice when you’re been given one. Now, for instance in the US, if you can’t be able to send somebody cash or a normal gift, you’ll need to give the person a gift card which comes with a specific value in terms of cash exchange. Then when the person takes the gift card to a shop or complex, he/she will just present that gift card and collect anything of choice which is of equal value to that particular gift card. Now that’s how cool it is.
List of the 15 Popular Best Gift Cards
Before we further enlighten you on how gift card works, we’ll first have to give you lists of the popular best gift cards on ground:
- Amazon Gift card
- American Express Gift card
- Visa Gift card
- Walmart Gift card
- ITunes Gift card
- EBay Gift card
- Sephora Gift card
- Target Gift card
- Starbucks Gift card
- Disney Gift card
- Victoria’s Secret Gift card
- Target Gift card
- Best Buy Gift card
- Chipotle Gift card
- Fandango Gift card
Cash cards are gift cards that can be used anywhere. These cards offer great flexibility since you can use them anywhere credit card payment is accepted and to carry out online transactions. Cash cards are sponsored by companies like Discover, American Express and Visa.
Store cards are the most popular option and they are cards which are specific to a particular retailer like Victoria’s Secret, Aliexpress and Amazon. Store cards are the best gifts cards as they are more personal.
However, these cards have an expiry date which could be around 30 or 90 days. Some store cards also lose value after some months, this is a demurrage policy placed on some store cards by the sponsor.
How Does Gift Cards Work?
Gift cards are mostly used by retailers and marketers as a part of a promotional strategy to attract new customers or return existing customers to the store. A gift card cannot be cashed out and can only be used to purchase on a particular store. Given that it is in a high request today, and are the most-wanted by consumers.
For instance, a $25 gift card from Amazon means you can purchase anything for any store on Amazon that is within the stipulated amount. You simply turn over the gift card and you will be given the item.
How do I Save Money on Gift Card?
With the high rate of value been placed on gift cards, actually there are several methods you can save money on gift cards.
- One of the best ways to save money on gift cards is to buy them at discounted rates.
There are some websites which offer discounted gift cards and allow you to sell unwanted gifts cards after the holiday season is over.
Discounted rates vary from 5% to more than 20% off card value and the denominations are limitless. Some top sites which offer this service include Cardpool, Raise, and Card Kangaroo.
If you want to shop online, the top best method of most online sites is to offer gifts cards, coupons or discounts to customers who spend a certain amount on the website or on a particular store on the website.
Groupon is one of those sites that gives you gift cards worth $40 for spending just about $200 on some products.
- Another way to save money on gift cards involves bidding on eBay. Although it can be stressful and the prices might seem high at first, but you will notice them drop as users get more anxious to get rid of the gifts cards.
This means that you have to be patient and also watch out so that someone doesn’t win the bid just when the price is at a low rate.
- Another easy method to save money on gifts cards involves the Amazon Daily Deal.
This involves deals for products for a particular day and occasionally includes gift cards which you can claim if you are really fast enough.
To access the Daily Deal Section, you need to search for “gifts cards” and see if anyone that suits your fancy comes in.
Note: Giftfly, GiftUp, Yiftee, and Givex are some examples of eGift card companies/apps for SMB. Although, many cloud POS providers offer digital gift card options too.
What Importance is Gift Card?
Whether you own a small business, or you want to go on shopping without stress or worries, then you should consider using a gift card. So to say; making use of gift cards is of great importance because it will make your purchase and payments more convenient than never before. So, therefore, we’ll highlight for you how the benefit is a gift card while using it.
- One of the benefits of using gift cards is that it enables users to spend more than the total on their card. US consumers paying with gift cards spend an average of $59 more than the value of their gift card, up from $21 in 2017. The confidence of knowing that at least part of their purchase is already covered can potentially spur the customer to buy more than he or she had originally intended. On top of that, gift cards have already been purchased, so if it goes unused or there is a small balance left on the card, you still get that profit.
- Also, purchasing gift cards is generally a straightforward process whether you’re going directly through your POS system or a processing company. It can be as quick and painless as clicking a few buttons to activate electronic gift cards, or you can order physical cards, providing your design and company name. If you don’t currently have gift card functionality, chances are customers have asked about it at some point. For minimal time and money, it’s nice to have that option available.
- Gift card is also important because it promotes your brand. Anything that gets your name or your logo out to the public is an addition for your business. You can sell your merchandise and send customers out the door with personalized shopping bags, and your own unique gift card can have the same effect.
- Another benefit is that once you’ve set up gift cards, it makes it easy to run marketing or promotions to attract new customers or garner repeat business. Having someone who purchases a gift card and gives it to a friend or family member who may not have previously been inclined to visit your store is a big bonus. However, you can also tack on promotions that, for example, give the purchaser a small gift card as a bonus for purchasing a gift card of a certain amount. You can also provide an additional credit good for a customer’s next purchase once they’ve used their gift card.
What about the Gift Card App?
A web-based gift card app allows you to sell eGift cards online, including on social media and your company website. However, most eGift cards can be redeemed both online and in your store. Companies that sell eGift cards may charge a small monthly fee or charge a percentage-based fee for each gift card sold.
Digital-only gift cards can be an easier, greener way that your business offers gift cards, without spending too much on plastic or even integrating your POS if you don’t want to. With some eGift card services, you simply sell eGift cards online, download an app to your mobile device, and use your mobile device or a scanner to scan the customer’s QR code from their phone or printout. Or the gift card may be emailed to the recipient in the form of a numerical redemption code. Some eGift card programs generate 16-digit codes that you can key into your terminal and process as a regular Mastercard transaction, for example, eliminating the need to integrate your POS with gift card software.
Was this helpful? Simply drop your comment in the box below.