Table of Contents
How to Manage Messenger For Kids: Through the new Messenger features, parents can now control the activities of their kids on Messenger. The Messenger for kids is a messaging app for children. As a parent, you can manage Messenger for kids by controlling the contact list and other features the kids have access to such as filters, stickers, as well as Messenger games. And as a parent or guardian, be rest assured that you can only manage Messenger for kids through your Facebook account.
Some may ask, what are the things I can manage on Messenger for kids? There are major things to be managed such as the friending activity when the kid is allowed to use the app through the Sleep Mode, block or report other users of any wrongdoing, chat history, request for the child’s information online like; messages, images, and videos, etc…So, therefore, we’re going to show you how you can be able to manage Messenger for kids…
How Do I Manage Messenger for Kids?
Whether you’re using your smartphone or computer, we’ll be providing you with steps to manage Messenger for kids below. But you need to know that not all parent dashboard contains the control features on the computer currently.
Using your Smartphone
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account
- Then click on the option tab
- Scroll down and tap on “Messenger Kids”
- Tap your kid’s image below the Messenger Kids Accounts
- Once you do that, you’ll see three activities there; Activity, Contacts, and Controls. Tap on anyone in order to set it the way you want.
Using your Computer Device
- Open the Facebook app installed on your PC and log into your account
- Then go to your News Feed
- Locate the “Explore” section located on the left side of the homepage
- Click on “Messenger Kids” or click “More” to look for it
- Then click your child’s name on the left corner
How then Do I Change How I Supervise My Child?
You can change how you supervise your kid if you want to. By doing this, you’ll be notified immediately of any recent activity of your child.
Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Facebook app and log into your account
- Then tap on the options menu tab
- Click on “Messenger Kids”
- Scroll down below the Messenger Kids Accounts and tap on your child’s name
- Tap “Controls”
- Tap on “Friending”
- Then you’ll need to choose either “My child can choose contacts or Only I can choose contacts”