Snapchat can be quite interesting for its users, especially when new features are been discovered on the platform. But the thing you might or might not have heard of is a Snapchat filter. So whether you want to advertise your business or celebrate a special event, then you practically need a Snapchat filter to an extra spark to your snaps. Snapchat filters are there to add an aesthetic or custom flair to your photo. They are an overlay for adding to your image after snapping. This site has already prepared for you guidelines on how to make cool Snapchat filters on your own.
True to be told, Snapchat remains one of the most popular multimedia messaging sites in the internet world currently. With a unique feature been attached to the site, users now have the opportunity to create your own filter either on the site or the app itself. Every now and again, Snapchat changes and updates the filters for the sake of more options. So it will be interesting if you learn how to make cool Snapchat filters here so that you can make the most use of it.
How to Make Cool Snapchat Filters
There are lots of filters that are available which you can use to change the colors of your image or to add fun messages. But in this section, we’re going to take Snapchat Baby Filter and Snapchat Geofilter as samples to teach you how to make cool Snapchat filters.
Also, you can make cool Snapchat filters either on your web browser or through the Snapchat app.
This is quite a new Snapchat filter and most people have not yet heard about it. Snapchat Babyfilter makes changes to the face of the user and its quite fun. With the use of Snapchat Babyfilter, you can actually change your matured face and make it look pretty much younger like a baby but still maintaining that recognition. With the change, you can absolutely look very cute, babyish and adorable.
One interesting thing about this filter is that you can also use it on another person or you can even consider using a celebrity of your choice! All you just need to do is to get the picture of that person and filter it with the use of the Babyfilter and see how young they’ll look like. Now I’m gonna show you how you can be able to use Snapchat Babyfilter either on yourself or on any other person.
How to Use Snapchat Babyfilter on Yourself
- One thing you need to do is to open Snapchat and get your phone’s front camera active.
- Then click on your face and make sure it’s very clear and recognizable.
- After that, you’ll see the lens gallery as it shows up at the bottom.
- Swipe left to find the Babyfilter.
- Continue swiping till you see a lens icon with a baby in the form of a yellow hoodie.
- Once you see that, just tap on it. But if you can’t find the Babyfilter, click on the lens icon in the bottom and search for “Baby” from the search bar at the top.
- Your Babyfilter will now active. You can then take a photo or record a video depending on the one you wish to do.
- Finally, you can now save the photo. You can easily share this if you want to.
Using Babyfilter on another Person
If you want to use another person for your Babyfilter, you can use the rear camera and a different screen.
- The first thing you need to do is to open your device on another screen.
- Go to the Snapchat camera view and switch to the rear-facing camera.
- When their face is in the camera view, just tap on it.
- Then select the Babyfilter from the bottom.
- Now you can see that their face now has the Babyfilter.
- Finally, tap on the shutter button to take the picture.
Now that’s how easy it is!
Making Snapchat Geofilter Using Web Browser
With Snapchat Geofilter, you can be able to put artwork, names, logos, etc. But one thing you should know about Snapchat Geolfilter is the fact that is works only specific locations and are often available for a limited period of time.
- The first step you need to do is to choose a design. Select your filter’s occasion from the pull-down menu. You can choose from either of the options like; Celebration, Baby Shower, Birthday, Game Day, etc. If you have already designed your own filter, you can click on “Upload your Own”. Once you’ve selected a topic you want to use, you can choose one of the Snapchat Geofilter templates on the left side of the screen. After that, you have to choose a color palette on the right-hand side of the screen > write in the new text > choose your font > then upload the pictures you need > Once everything is set, click on “Next.”
- The next step is to Schedule your Filter and Draw a Geofence. This Geofence contains the location where Snapchat users will find the filter. When the next screen pops up, you’ll have to assign a start and end time for your filter. You can also select “Repeating Event” to have the filter run at different times anytime. Then select “Next” to draw your Geofence.
- Finally, you have to Confirm and Pay. When you’re done with your Geofence, click on “Checkout” > then give your filter a name > after that, enter your payment information > then click “Select.” Once you’re done with that, you have to go to your email inbox and check for Snapchat’s approval message.
Making Snapchat Geofilter Using the App
You can use Snapchat’s official app to create Snapchat Geofilter which can be used only with an iPhone.
- With the use of an iPhone, you can start by choosing a design. Tap on your Snapchat app > go to the Filter Creation Page > click on your profile at the top left corner of the screen > click on “Settings” at the top right corner > then go to Filter and Lenses > “tap on Filter.” When the next screen pops up, select from the filter occasions like; Birthdays, Baby Shower, Date Night, etc. After that, just select a design and then customize your filter with text and stickers.
- The next step is where you’ll have to Schedule your filter and draw Geofence. Now once you’re done with your design, enter a start and end time for the custom filter and select “Continue” in order to create a geofence that shows where you’ll like the filter to appear.
- The final step is confirmation and payment. Once you’ve agreed on the filter price, click “Continue” > then select “Purchase” from the summary page > then make your payment. After that, you’ll get approval via your email to show that your filter has been officially scheduled.
Note: Now that you’ve known how to make Snapchat Geofilter, you should also note that the cost depends on the particular location of your Geofence. It tends to look at the size and length you want to run it. Also, your payment will not be charged directly from your account unless the filter has been approved. It is equally important for you to know that Snapchat accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Also See: Google Hangouts Login Account
How to Enable and Use Snapchat Filters
Now that you’ve successfully learned how to create a filter, the next thing you have to learn is how you enable Snapchat filters and equally use the filters.
How to enable Snapchat filters
Below are steps on how to enable Snapchat filters:
- First, open your Snapchat app.
- Click on your profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “gear icon” at the top-right to open your Settings.
- You can proceed by clicking on “Manage.”
- Then click on the Slider at the top to turn on filters.
How to use Snapchat filters
There are so many specifications you’ll find in Snapchat filters. So if you want to use your filters maybe through the app, just open the app. Let’s say you want to take a video or record a video that you wish to send to your friend(s).
- The first thing you should do is to take a photo by clicking on the circle at the bottom corner of the screen or take a video by tapping and holding it down.
- Swipe right or left over the photo or video you just took to cycle through your filters.
- Then click on the blue-and-white button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to send the Snap to friends or add it to your story.
So what if you want to use more than one filter? You can simply do so by using one finger to tap and hold the filter, and one another finger to swipe left or right through additional filters. Depending on what version of Snapchat you’re using, you can also press the filter locking button, which looks like three squares stacked on top of each other. This is located at the bottom of the tools column on the right side of the screen. Once you’re set, you can just select the lens you want and tap its icon to capture a quick photo or tap and hold for video.
The first thing you need to know is that filters like time, speed, or temperature might not appear right away. If so, you can look them up in the Sticker Picker tab.
The second aspect is that certain Snapchat filters are location-specific. This means they won’t be available unless you enable them first. To turn them on, you need to go into your Smartphone settings and toggle on the “Location While Using the App” option.
Read More: How to Block Websites on Chrome Permanently