Table of Contents
Things You Didn’t Know About Luke Sandoe and His Death
In today’s article, we’ll be telling you all you need to know about Luke Sandoe and about his death. Luke Sandoe, who was born on the 3rd of August 1989, was a famous British physique coach, personal trainer, IFBB pro bodybuilder, entrepreneur, and weight lifter from Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom. He was famously known for his best as the professional participant of the International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness (IFBB) competitions. Moreover, he was also well-known for his best bodybuilding coaching and training. On 7 May 2020, Luke Sandoe passed away at the age of 30 years old.
One of the things to know about Luke Sandoe is the fact that he really started bodybuilding after completing his high school graduation but made it as his professional career in the year 2012. He played his first competition in the year 2012 in South Coast Juniors season 2012. In his first competition, he earned the Ist position. After that, he participated in many professional competitions. Apart from this, Luke also the co-founder and owner of his own fitness studio named “Elite Body & Fitness”. Because of his hard work and talent, he also got the IFBB pro card every year. Now read further below to see things you didn’t know about Luke Sandoe.
Key Facts to Know About Luke Sandoe
We’ll be detailing you on things you should know about Luke Sandoe with respect to his background & personal life, his career, and also about his death:
Background & Personal Life of Luke Sandoe
- Luke Sandoe was born from his parents on Thursday, August 3, 1989, in Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom. Luke Sandoe was 30 years old at the time of his death.
- He belonged to the Christian religion and holds white ethnicity.
- He never revealed the information about his parent’s names and profession to the media.
- Luke had a craze of bodybuilding since childhood.
- After completing his education from a local private school, he started focuses on weightlifting.
- His schedule is based on compound exercises. But he says that the key to growing your body is focused on tension and slow reps. He majorly focused on heavy exercises like pack deck, pull-over, etc.
- Because of such a fantastic physique, his photos appear quite often in health magazines. You can consider Luke Sandoe’s height to be fair as he is 5 ft 8 in tall. Luke has a body full of muscles and his weight is around 115 kg.
- Luke lived happily with his son and daughter in London. He had a relationship with his long-time girlfriend named “Caroline Foulkes”. After some time of dating, Luke Sandoe got married to his wife.
- After marriage, the couple blessed with a beautiful daughter named “Louise Sandoe”. Luke is also a father of his son named “Leo Sandoe”. According to some sources, he got separated from his wife in the year 2015.
- He loved to spent his time with his kids. Sandoe often used to go to adventure places along with his children.
- Luke also promotes some nutritional brands such as Redcon1, etc.
- He mostly wore casual clothes.
- Sandoe was a dog lover and liked to play with his pet dog.
- He also gave personal training.
- He has also appeared on the cover page of many popular magazines.
- As of early this year (2020), Luke’s net worth was estimated at about $3-4 million USD.
About His Career
- In the year 2012, he participated in the junior level bodybuilding competition at South Coast.
- Luckily, he won the competition and earned the 1st position.
- After that, he participated in many other bodybuilding contests.
- Luke makes bodybuilding as his full profession in the year 2015.
- In the year 2017, he stepped into the professional bodybuilding career in the 2017 Arnold Classic Contest.
- In the same year, Luke also appeared as a professional bodybuilder at the International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness (IFBB).
- He won the title of super heavyweight class in UKBFF British Finals and earned the 2nd place.
- After winning the UKBFF British Championships, he got the IFBB pro card.
In his professional bodybuilder career, Luke Sandoe earned so many pro statuses, so many medals and awards also.
- He took 1st place at the South Coast 2012 Juniors.
- 2nd position at the British Finals 2012 Inters O90kg.
- He made it to the finals at the British 2013 Men’s O100kg.
- 1st place at the South Coast – Men’s O100kg.
- 1st place at the Welsh Grand Prix – Men’s O100kg.
- 6th place at the UKBFF British Championships 2015.
- 2nd at the UKBFF Kent Classic Championships 2015.
- 8th place at the Arnold Classic 2017.
- 6th place at the Arnold Classic Australia 2018.
- 3rd place at the Indy Pro 2018.
- 15th place at the California Pro Men’s Bodybuilding 2018.
Apart from his bodybuilding career, Lucas Sandoe had a stint in the music industry. As a teenager, he started to develop an interest in music. By the age of 20, he was playing drums full time, making a living out of his passion for music. He did this until he was 22, that was when his passion for music started to fade away.
About the Death of Luke Sandoe
- On the 7th of May, 2020, Luke Sandoe was reported dead at the age of 30.
- Luke leaves behind two beautiful children, Louise and Leo.
- The cause of death is not known, but sources close to this site have confirmed that Luke was found at his UK home.
- Many fans thought his death was caused by steroid abuse which resulted in health complications that resulted in his passing.
- Luke Sandoe’s Friend Says the Bodybuilder Took His Own Life: “He Battled With Demons”. “What happened with Luke was his choice, He decided that it was his only option and we’ll never comprehend what he was struggling with. I will say that in my time knowing Luke, he has battled with demons which date back from long before bodybuilding and long before I met him.” “I think that Luke’s demons were bigger than ours,” Chow said. He further explained that he felt conflicted about “outing” Luke’s suicide, but believes that it’s important to talk about mental health, especially when it comes to male athletes.
Tributes to Him
Fouad ‘Hoss’ Abiad wrote; “Nobody made me laugh like the fuckin juggernaut.
- I am fuckin busted today. Nothing, no one can replace Luke. I have had many friends over the years and even tho I and Luke weren’t best friends there was something about him that was just different. We talked for two hours every week sometimes twice a week and I looked forward to every podcast.
- I never once said ‘damn I gotta do this podcast’. I was always happy to talk to my friend who I knew was gonna have me busting up laughing.
- The best part was he made everyone feel that way. Luke just had a way of speaking that allowed him to get away with murder and even tho he told you exactly what he thought of you, you still loved him afterward.
- He would take digs at me about my physique and the funny thing is it didn’t bother me at all, I knew he was a great beer, I knew he was destined to be at the very top and I was happy for him with every step closer he got.
- Today fuckin sucks. I have almost 40 episodes to remember you with my friend. I am mad you are no longer here but I take comfort in knowing you are now at peace.”
Another tribute from Phil Health 7x Mr. Olympia.
- “Once I heard the news today of Luke Sandoe’s passing, I truly couldn’t believe it. As I tried to get answers, the texts, DMs began to flood in and it was then confirmed that one of our Brother’s In Iron passed away.
- What has hurt so much is that although Luke and I weren’t very close, we did share some cool moments while I was in the UK last July.
- I can still remember him asking me if I would take a look at his physique as he was preparing for a couple of shows prior to the Olympia. During those moments, I realized very quickly just how genuine Luke was and how passionately present he stood there while giving him advice.
- Rarely am I asked to give an honest critique of a fellow Pro’s physique, let alone from someone who has competed at the Olympia, so feeling this vibe of him being so humble, hard-working, and intelligent was something special to me.
- I am saddened at this news along with many fans around the world, but one thing I would like for us to do is to continue to uplift his family through positive vibes and prayer as his kids, Louise and Leo lost their SuperHeroDad not to mention his parents, siblings and other loved ones.
- Luke’s ability and potential was something I wish I could have seen come into fruition because honestly, that was exactly why I even chatted with him in the first place.
- Damn, this is yet another tough loss, but I will continue to remember you, Luke, as the Man whom I shared some great times with and will continue to pray for your family. Rest in POWER LUKE!!!!!”