Table of Contents
Having been using your Mac device as the main device to access your email but cannot be able to log out? One thing you should know is that the only thing without a solution is death. You always have to rely on us to solve this sought of a problem always for you. The package on this site for you is how you can be able to logout of mail on Mac.
If you think you know how to logout of mail via your phone, then you should know now that the steps are quite very much different. So having gotten a new Mac for yourself, you definitely need to read this article cos you might still be using it to access your email account. So therefore, read further below to learn how to logout of mail on Mac.
Steps to Logout of Mail on Mac
Here, we’re showing you the step-by-step method you need to follow so as to be able to logout of mail on Mac device:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to Launchpad and click on the “Mail” icon.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Mail located at the top bar, you then need to go to “Preferences.”
- After that, you then need to uncheck “Enable this Account.”
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be logged out immediately.
Now that’s it! You’ve been able to logout of Mail on Mac and now you can as well learn how you can be able to add email accounts in your mail on Mac.
Also See: How to Logout of Email on iPhone
To Add an Email on Mac
- The first step is to open the mail app on your Mac.
- After which you’ll be prompted to add an account.
- You’ll have to select Account Type or Other Mail Account.
- The next thing is to enter your relevant account information.
Finally, a new account has been added. But you need to make sure to select the Mail checkbox for the account.
If you still want to go further by adding another extra email account, all you need is to perform the same task above. Go to Mail > enter Add Account > select Account Type > then enter the account information.
Also, if you’re using an account on your Mac with your Contacts or Messages, the account can also be used with Mail. All you need to do is to go to Mail > enter Accounts to Open > click on Internet Accounts Preferences > then select the account located on the left > and then select the Mail checkbox which is located on the right-hand side.
If by any means you want to stop receiving emails temporarily on your Mac; you can go to the Mail app > you’ll then click on “Mail” > then click on “Accounts” > after that, select the account you want to temporarily deactivate at the moment > then deselect the Mail checkbox. Once you do this, all your account messages will be put on halt on your account, meaning that they will not be shown in Mail for the time being.
Note: If you wish to use the account again with Mail, what you need to do is to select the Mail checkbox where you deselected it before and your messages will therefore start showing again.
Now how about that! You can see how simple that is, once the proper instructions above are been adhered to.
We have another email-related package for you on this site. Since we’re dealing with email services, we deemed it essential to enlighten you on some of the email services like Google Mail, Yahoo! Mail, and Hotmail. You’ll also learn how to create each of them.
Gmail is a free email service which is been developed by Google. This enables users to gain access on the web using third-party programs that synchronizes email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Another interesting fact about Gmail is that Users nowadays can receive emails up to 50mb of storage, including attachments, while they can send emails up to 25mb of size. But in order to send these large files, you’ll have to insert files from Google Drive into the message.
Google’s mail servers automatically scan emails for multiple purposes, including to filter spam and malware, and to add context-sensitive advertisements next to emails. The Gmail user interface initially differed from other webmail systems with its focus on search and conversation threading of emails, grouping several messages between two or more people into a single page.
To create Gmail account, you’ll have to visit the official site @ www.gmail.com .
- A new page will open where you’ll have to click on “Create Account.”
- After that, the signup page will then open where you’ll need to enter your relevant details. You’ll have to enter your first and last names, choose a username you want to use, then select a strong password and click “Next.”
- Then enter your phone number which needs to be verified. Once you’ve done that click “Next.”
- A verification code of six digit numbers will be sent to that phone number you provided. Enter that code in the field provided and then click on “Verify.”
- The next page that will open is where you’ll have to enter your Bio-data which comprises of your date/month/year of birth and then your gender. Click “Next” if you’re through with that.
- The next page comes with Google’s Terms and Privacy. Go through this and click on “I agree.”
- Finally, the next page that’ll open will be your dashboard showing that your account has been successfully created.
With its headquarter in Sunnyvale, California, The company was founded by two members namely “Jerry Yang” and “David Filo” in January 1994 and was incorporated in 2nd March 1995. It was launched back in 1997 across the globe. Yahoo! mail became the one the pioneers of the early era of the internet in the 1990s. Back in 2007, Yahoo! mail launched the feature to switch between different modes like mail, text and chat messages. By the end of 2011, Yahoo mail has already reached a total of 281 million users making it one the largest web-based email Provider Company in the world. So you can see that this service provider has really made tremendous progress towards customer delivery around the at large.
With over 200 million+ users, Yahoo! mail offers you to send and received many emails on your account. It also provides unlimited message space, customization, virus protection and blocking the spam emails.
To create the account, you need to go to your browser and type www.yahoo.com which will lead you to Yahoo mail official site.
- When the page opens, you’ll see a profile logo at the top right corner, tap on it.
- When the next page opens, you’ll have to click on the “Sign in” option.
- The next page opens up for you to enter your email address. But in this case you’ll have to click on “Create an Account” in order to open a new account because this is your first time.
- The next page that will open comprises of where you’ll fill your First name, Last name, choosing your new Email address, setting a new Password, Phone number (with your country code), Birth month/day/year, and then Gender (optional). You need to make sure that first you provide an active phone number because it will be verified.
- Once you’re done with that, click on “Continue.”
- The next page that’ll open is where you’ll have to verify your phone number. Click on “Text me a verification code.” A message will be sent to the phone number which you provided. Once you receive that code, simply enter the digits to verify your number and click on “Continue” to go to the next page.
- The next page that’ll open will be a congratulatory message for setting up your Yahoo mail account successfully.
- Click on “Continue” and agree to the terms and conditions of Yahoo mail. You’ll then be redirected to your official Yahoo mail account homepage where you can start accessing the service provider via your own account.
Hotmail is one of the oldest free mail services which was created in 1995 by Sabeer Bathia and Jack Smith. This mailing service was created to send and receive emails all around the world. Hotmail was linked to Microsoft for the past couple of years. Within just four years after its link-up with Microsoft, Hotmail got about 100 million users immediately. The platform got the attention of more people and now has more than 400 million users. As of 1997 when the service became a brand of Microsoft, there are lots of features been introduced which are simply amazing!
To create a Hotmail account, you need to first go to your web browser and enter www.hotmail.com in the search bar.
- Then take the second step by clicking on “Create Account.”
- A signup page will now open for you where you’ll have to enter an email address which you’ll be using and a strong password.
- You’ll then be asked about getting the promotional emails. Here, you’ll have to
- The next in line is where you’ll have to enter your details. This constitutes your username, personal details, and including your phone number.
- Once you’re done, click “Confirm” for you to get a verification mail showing that your account has been successfully created.
Was this helpful? You can drop your comment in the box below.