Lots of people now create lots of email accounts. So, therefore, if you have multiple accounts on your iPhone such as Yahoo! Mail and Gmail, it can quite trickery if you want to log out unlike in Android OS. The reason has been that the Mail does not offer a logout option for you to be able to receive messages for a particular email address on your iPhone. So that’s why we’ve brought you the solution on how you can logout of email on your iPhone using the settings feature.
Receiving email on your iPhone is one of the easiest ways to manage your messages. So whether the account is for personal use or for your business, the most important thing is for you to be able to access it on your Smartphone. But if you start receiving unusual mails, you can as well put a stop to it easily. All you need is to read further below to see various methods to logout of email on your iPhone.
How to Logout of Email on your iPhone
We’ll be providing you with the step-by-step procedure in order to logout of email on your iPhone. See below:
- The first step to take is to go to the Settings app.
- Then scroll down and select “Accounts & Password.”
- You’ll see lots of email accounts you signed up for, such as; iCloud, Apple email, Gmail, Business email, etc. Just select the one you want to log out.
- Then click on the arrow button located right of the Email account so to move the slide to turn it Off.
- Finally, tap on the “Done” button to complete the action.
What you should know is that having completed the above does not remove the account from your iPhone. Meaning that you can also turn it back on any time you wish.
But if you want to erase the account completely from your iPhone, you just need to click on the “Delete Account” button.
Logging out of Specific Mail Accounts
Giving the fact that you have lots of email accounts like iCloud or Gmail, we’ll be highlighting for you how you can be able to log out from each of them.
Log Out of iCloud
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the Settings app.
- Then click on your iCloud ID or Username.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “Sign Out.”
- Once you’ve done that, all iCloud services like Mail, iTunes, Apple Pay, iCloud Photo, etc, will be signed off from your iPhone device.
Log Out of Gmail iPhone App
If you have an email coming to your iPhone through the Gmail app and not through Mail, then you need to log out directly on the app and not in iPhone’s settings.
- The first thing to do is to tap on the Gmail icon to open he Gmail app.
- You’ll then have to sign in to your account.
- After that, tap on your name and image located at the top of the screen.
- Then select “Manage Accounts.”
- Another page will open which consists of all your Gmail accounts.
- Slide to the ‘Off’ position next to any Gmail account you want to sign out from on your iPhone device.
And that’s how it’s done!
Also see: How to Create Hotmail Account
We’re going to showing you some email service accessibilities on iOS device. So read further below to see the interesting packages.
How to Block Emails on your iOS Device
If you’re running iOS 12 and below versions, follow the steps below:
- The first thing is to open the mails you think are spam.
- Swipe it to the left where you’ll see three options (More, Flag, Trash).
- Click on the “More” option.
- You’ll see various options; you have to choose the last option marked “Move Message.”
- Having done so, you will see a new pane showing different folders which you can move the messages.
- Then click on the “Junk Folder” and the emails will be moved to Junk.
- But if you’ve already opened the mail, you can just move it to the Junk folder by clicking on the small ‘Folder’ icon located at the top right hand then select the ‘Junk’ folder which is on the subsequent screen.
If you’re running iOS13 and above or iPadOS, then you need to follow the steps below:
- At first, you need to verify that the email address you want to block is in your Contacts app. If the address isn’t in your Contacts app, add it either to an existing contact or create a new contact card.
- Once the email address is in Contacts, open your Settings app.
- After that, click on “Mail.”
- Under the Threading options, click on “Blocked Sender Options.”
- Choose what you want to do with any mail from a blocked sender. Choices include None, Mark as Blocked Leave in Inbox or Move to Trash
- After you toggle that setting on, tap “Blocked” and choose “Add New.”
- Then click on the contact you want to block.
- If you enable Mail in iCloud, blocking a sender works across all your Apple devices.
Using the Mail App to Block Email
Recently, there has been little changes been made by Google in their Gmail application in order to help users to block a particular email address, unlike the Yahoo! Mail, where you have to go through some few options.
- At first, you need to open an email from a sender you want to block.
- Click on the name of the sender.
- Then tap the name listed next to ‘From’ in the header.
- Select ‘Block This Contact.’
- Confirm you want to block the contact
- After that, the contact will be added to your Blocked list
Once you block a contact via the Mail app, you won’t see email from that contact again in your Apple Mail app (you will still see it in your email provider’s app or when using a web browser.)
When you block a specified sender, that email is automatically moved to the trash.
If you’re running iOS 13 above and iPadOS, you can as well ignore your blocked contacts using features like Blocked and Blocked Sender options. You can go through the Settings, and then to Mail if you want this to be done.
Blocking unknown callers is also a lot easier in iOS 13. All you just need is to OpenSettings > go to Phone and then toggle on Silence Unknown Callers.
How to Stop Receiving Emails of an Account
The steps are based on iPhone 7+, in iOS 12.3.1. Again, these same steps will work on other Apple devices, too, such as the iPad. So see the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is to open the Settings app on your Home screen.
- Then scroll down and select the Passwords & Accounts option.
- After that, select the email account for which you would like to stop receiving emails on your Apple device.
- Then Tap the button to the right of Mail to turn it off.
Having done that, you will no longer receive emails for that account when there is no green shading around the button.
How to unblock a Contact on your Email
If you want to reverse back and unblock the contact you blocked before, you can simply do this with some few steps also:
- You need to open Settings.
- Then go to Mail.
- Click on “Blocked.”
- After that, swipe on the contact you want to unblock, and then tap unblock.
Note: You can unblock contacts from the settings menu for Messages, FaceTime, and Mail. Or open the Contacts App and unblock contacts there.
How to Add an Email on Mac
- Open the mail app on your Mac.
- You’ll be prompted to add an account.
- Then select Account Type or Other Mail Account.
- Enter your relevant account information.
Finally, a new account has been added. But you need to make sure to select the Mail checkbox for the account.
If you still want to go further by adding another extra email account, all you need is to perform the same task above. Go to Mail > enter Add Account > select Account Type > then enter the account information.
Also, if you’re using an account on your Mac with your Contacts or Messages, the account can also be used with Mail. All you need to do is to go to Mail > enter Accounts to Open > click on Internet Accounts Preferences > then select the account located on the left > and then select the Mail checkbox which is located on the right hand side.
How to Logout of Mail on Mac
Follow the step-by-step method so to logout of mail on your Mac device:
- Go to Launchpad and click on the “Mail” icon.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Mail located at the top bar, go to “Preferences.”
- Then uncheck “Enable this Account.”
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be logged out immediately.
Was this helpful? You can simply drop your comment below.