Most users up till now don’t know what the iPhone LED notification light does. Particularly, not everybody wants sound to disturb them on mere notification. In as much as the fact that you prefer it to be silent, you probably need something to indicate to you that you got an alert, might be something very important that needs to be attended to at that time. That’s why you’re on the right site that will teach you how you can be able to turn on your iPhone LED notification light to be giving you signals when any message arrives in your phone.
One thing about the LED flash light on your iPhone or iPad is that it can blink when you get a notification only when your device is locked. Unlike some other mobile devices, iPhone does not include a dedicated notification light but you got to enable it in your phone. After reading this article, I assure you that you’ll probably be conversant with the iPhone LED notification light and to know how to turn it on.
You might turn down the volume of your phone without knowing about it, or your phone might be facing down. This show how useful this flashlight is if you don’t want to miss a notification while your device is locked and silent. This notification light is even a breakthrough especially for those that cannot be able to hear because only seeing the notification light you’ll know that you’ve got a message. So, therefore, read further below in order to see how to have the iPhone LED notification light turned on.
How to Turn on your iPhone LED Notification Light
One thing you should know is that enabling this option on your iPhone is quite simple, and it takes some few steps to get it done. See steps below:
- This first thing you need to do is to click on “Settings.”
- Then select General. If you’re using latest version of iOS, just skip this step.
- After that, click on “Accessibility.”
- Then Scroll down to the Hearing section and click on “Audio/Visual.” If you’re using the older version of iOS, you can just skip the Audio/Visual step and instead click on “LED Flash for Alerts.”
- After that, slide the LED Flash for Alerts On/Green. Doing this will then enable the notification light for all alerts.
Note: If you want the notification light to be on whenever your iPhone is on silent, then you need to slide the Flash on Silent to On/Green
If you want to still turn it off, follow the steps below:
- You still need to click on “Settings.”
- Select General. Skip this step if you’re using the latest version of iOS.
- Click on “Accessibility.”
- Scroll down to the Hearing section and click on “Audio/Visual.” You can as well skip the Audio/Visual step and instead click on “LED Flash for Alerts” If you’re using the older version of iOS.
- After that, slide the LED Flash for Alerts Off/White. Doing this will then disable the notification light for all alerts.
See Also: How to Apps on Your iOS Devices
There are other accessibility features which you also need to know on your iPhone. So therefore, read further below to learn some other things to keep your phone functions working actively.
How to Close Apps on your iOS Device
If it’s one app you want to close or all apps, you can simply do that using the same procedure. Follow the steps below to learn how to close apps on your iOS device:
- The first step you need to take is to open the Settings App.
- Then click on “General.”
- After that, click on “Background App Refresh.”
- You’ll now have to find the app or apps you want to close.
- Slide the toggle to Off, which is located next to the name of the app.
- Once you’ve done that, the app’s data and permissions will eventually close.
Note: If you still want to open that app again, just follow the same steps above but toggle it ON this time.
How to make your iPhone icons Bigger
If you want to increase your phone’s visibility, the best thing is to adjust your iPhone display settings so to easily make the icons bigger.
Follow the steps below if you want to activate this feature successfully:
- The first thing is to go to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Then tap on the Gear Icon on your Home Screen to open Settings.
- Then the next thing is to scroll down and click on the “Display & Brightness” option.
- Go to the Display page and click on the “View” option located under the Display Zoom menu.
- Then you need to check both the Standard and Zoomed displays in order to compare their visual differences. This you can do by swiping either left or right.
- The next thing to do is to select the “Zoomed” display.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll have to click on “Set” to change the display zoom option.
- After that, you’ll receive a prompt which will notify you that “changing the zoom setting will restart your iPhone.”
- Click on “Use Zoomed.”
- After that, you’ll wait for your iPhone to restart.
- Finally, your icons will therefore be in a bigger form on your iPhone screen.
How to Fix Your iPhone Ringtones
You need to follow the steps below so you can be able to fix your iPhone ringtones:
- The first step you need to take is to go to the Settings app and go to Sounds
- The next thing is to adjust the volume of your ringtone.
- You’ll see a Red color on the Mute button on your phone.
- All you need is to switch it on to let your ringtone to ring.
- The next thing is to restart your iPhone or power off and on to fix the ringtones issue.
If you were not able to fix the problem via the steps above, you’ll have to wait for new iOS update to fix this bug.
You might also be interested in adding ringtones to iPhone from a computer device.
One thing you’ll notice is that you may not find a Tones tab in iTunes 12.7. This is because Apple removes the ability to manage ringtones and apps. Apple suggests you to use the Sounds Settings on device to re-download your ringtones.
The alternative for the iTunes enables you to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone directly; you can also transfer songs to iPhone as ringtone.
- All you need to do is to open AnyTrans.
- Plug it in your iPhone and click on “Device Manager.”
- Go to the Category Management page in AnyTrans for iOS.
- After that, click on “Audio” and then choose your ringtones.
- Click on the “Settings” button to set the duration of the ringtones.
- After that, then you need to click on “Save” to confirm.
- The next thing is to click the + button.
- Select the ringtones or songs that you want to add to your iPhone and click “Open” for it to play.
How to Hide/Unhide Photos and Videos on iOS
Follow the step-by-step procedure below in order to be able to hide photos and videos on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
When you hide an item, it is placed in an album called Hidden
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the “Photos” app, and navigate to the album that contains the photos or videos you wish to hide.
- Click on the “Select” option.
- After that, select the photos or videos you wish to hide.
- Then tap on the option at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll then have to click “Hide.”
- Finally, confirm your selection by selecting “Hide Photo/Video.”
To unhide your photos, you need to follow the steps below:
iOS 12 and the newer versions
- At first, you need to open the Photos App on your iPhone.
- Click on the Album tab to find different folders arranged by Apple.
- Scroll down and locate the Hidden album.
- Then select All Photos and Videos located using the “Select Option” tab located at the top right corner of the screen.
- The next thing is to click on the “Share” icon located at the bottom left corner of your iPhone screen.
- Then swipe and unhide the hidden photos on your phone, by clicking on the “Unhide” option so that all your photos will be moved to the camera roll folder.
IPhone/iPad/iPod Touch – iOS 11 and the Older Versions
- The first thing to do is to go to the camera app.
- Once it’s open, tap on “Album” located under the screen.
- Doing that will now enable you to see different folder options like Slow motion, Selfies, Videos, and the newly added hidden.
- All you need to do is to go to Hidden folder and then click on “Select” located at the top of the screen.
- After that, select all the photos or videos you want to unhide.
- The next thing is to click on the “Share” icon located under the screen.
- Finally, tap on the “Unhide” icon and save to the camera roll folder.
Was these helpful? You can simply drop your comment in the box below.