Keeping a background app can prove worrisome to your device because it gonna be chopping lots of data on your device, reducing the battery, and even slowing the system as a whole. But if you don’t close apps on your iOS device appropriately, it might cause them to malfunction. So all you need is to follow our guideline here so you can learn how to close apps on your iOS device.
One thing you should know is that you don’t have to delete or uninstall an app unless it’s causing problems. You might As well want to turn off background app refresh for that app. But in any case as such, all you just need is right now is to read further below so as to know how you can be able to close apps on your iOS device.
Steps to Close Apps on your iOS Device
If it’s one app you want to close or all apps, you can simply do that using the same procedure. Follow the steps below to learn how to close apps on your iOS device:
- The first step you need to take is to open the Settings App.
- Then click on “General.”
- After that, click on “Background App Refresh.”
- You’ll now have to find the app or apps you want to close.
- Slide the toggle to Off, which is located next to the name of the app.
- Once you’ve done that, the app’s data and permissions will eventually close.
Note: If you still want to open that app again, just follow the same steps above but toggle it On this time.
You may find some other articles to read about your iOS device, because you want to get all the necessary accessibilities you need. Due to this reason, we’ve been adding packages in this site in order to help users if there’s anything you’re looking for.
So with that, we’ve prepared for you some essential accessibility to know on your iOS device. So all you need is to continue scrolling down below maybe you might find something that interests you.
How to make your iPhone icons Bigger
If you want to increase your phone’s visibility, the best thing is to adjust your iPhone display settings so to easily make the icons bigger.
Steps to Make Icons Larger on iPhone
Follow the steps below if you want to activate this feature successfully:
- The first thing is to go to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Then tap on the Gear Icon on your Home Screen to open Settings.
- Then the next thing is to scroll down and click on the “Display & Brightness” option.
- Go to the Display page and click on the “View” option located under the Display Zoom menu.
- Then you need to check both the Standard and Zoomed displays in order to compare their visual differences. This you can do by swiping either left or right.
- The next thing to do is to select the “Zoomed” display.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll have to click on “Set” to change the display zoom option.
- After that, you’ll receive a prompt which will notify you that “changing the zoom setting will restart your iPhone.”
- Click on “Use Zoomed.”
- After that, you’ll wait for your iPhone to restart.
- Finally, your icons will therefore be in a bigger form on your iPhone screen.
How to Fix Your iPhone Ringtones
You can probably as well fix the ringtone issue on your device whenever you want to. Having assigned a ringtone on your device and the sound for incoming calls is not even playing.
You need to follow the steps below so you can be able to fix your iPhones ringtones:
- The first step you need to take is to go to the Settings app and go to Sounds
- The next thing is to adjust the volume of your ringtone.
- You’ll see a Red color on the Mute button on your phone.
- All you need is to switch it on to let your ringtone to ring.
- The next thing is to restart your iPhone or power off and on to fix the ringtones issue.
If you were not able to fix the problem via the steps above, you’ll have to wait for new iOS update to fix this bug.
You might also be interested in adding ringtones to iPhone from a computer device.
One thing you’ll notice is that you may not find a Tones tab in iTunes 12.7. This is because Apple removes the ability to manage ringtones and apps. Apple suggests you to use the Sounds Settings on device to re-download your ringtones.
The alternative for the iTunes enables you to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone directly; you can also transfer songs to iPhone as ringtone.
- All you need to do is to open AnyTrans.
- Plug it in your iPhone and click on “Device Manager.”
- Go to the Category Management page in AnyTrans for iOS.
- After that, click on “Audio” and then choose your ringtones.
- Click on the “Settings” button to set the duration of the ringtones.
- After that, then you need to click on “Save” to confirm.
- The next thing is to click the + button.
- Select the ringtones or songs that you want to add to your iPhone and click “Open” for it to play.
How to Hide/Unhide Photos and Videos on iOS
Follow the step-by-step procedure below in order to be able to hide photos and videos on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
When you hide an item, it is placed in an album called Hidden
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the “Photos” app, and navigate to the album that contains the photos or videos you wish to hide.
- Click on the “Select” option.
- After that, select the photos or videos you wish to hide.
- Then tap on the option at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll then have to click “Hide.”
- Finally, confirm your selection by selecting “Hide Photo/Video.”
To unhide your photos, you need to follow the steps below:
iOS 12 and the newer versions
· At first you need to open the Photos App on your iPhone.
· Click on the Album tab to find different folders arranged by Apple.
· Scroll down and locate the Hidden album.
· Then select All Photos and Videos located using the “Select Option” tab located at the top right corner of the screen.
· The next thing is to click on the “Share” icon located at the bottom left corner of your iPhone screen.
· Then swipe and unhide the hidden photos on your phone, by clicking on the “Unhide” option so that all your photos will be moved to the camera roll folder.
IPhone/iPad/iPod Touch – iOS 11 and the Older Versions
· The first thing to do is to go to the camera app.
· Once it’s open, tap on “Album” located under the screen.
· Doing that will now enable you to see different folder options like Slow motion, Selfies, Videos, and the newly added hidden.
· All you need to do is to go to Hidden folder and then click on “Select” located at the top of the screen.
· After that, select all the photos or videos you want to unhide.
· The next thing is to click on the “Share” icon located under the screen.
· Finally, tap on the “Unhide” icon and save to the camera roll folder.
How to Update iPhone to iOS 12 without Wi-Fi
Without any Wi-Fi connection around, you can be able to update your iPhone to iOS 12 with some few steps below:
- The first thing is to connect your iPhone device to a computer USB port using the USB cord.
- Once you do that, internet connection and the newest version of iTunes will be required.
- Click on the iPhone-shaped icon at the top left corner.
- Click on “Check for Update.”
- Then check for available version when a pop-up window appears.
- Click on “Download Update” and tap “Agree” so that it will start updating.
- While you’re on this process, your iPhone must be connected to the computer device.
- The next thing is where you’ll see an Apple logo on your iPhone. This may even take about an hour to pop-up.
- When this is done, just enter your password and boom! You’re on it.
Using the alternative method:
- All you need to do is to look for another device whether Android or Windows phone.
- If it’s an iPhone you’re using, just go to settings > cellular > then click on Personal Hotspot > tap the slider to turn it on.
- Then make sure your Wi-Fi is active by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > then tap on the name of the Personal Hotspot you want to join.
- Once you’ve done that, you can now be able to update your iPhone device to iOS 12 using the cellular data. All you need is to go to Settings > go to General > then to Software Update > after that, you can now click “Download and Install” and wait for few minutes.