Table of Contents
Still not yet signed up for Hotmail? Well, that’s not a problem cos this site has got you covered on how you can be able to create a Hotmail account successfully. Want to know what this account offers? So to say, Hotmail enables you to send and receive emails from your friends, family, and colleagues.
Hotmail is one of the oldest free mail services which was created in 1995 by Sabeer Bathia and Jack Smith. This mailing service was created to send and receive emails all around the world. Hotmail was linked to Microsoft for the past couple of years. Within just four years after its link-up with Microsoft, Hotmail got about 100 million users immediately. The platform got the attention of more people and now has more than 400 million users. As of 1997 when the service became a brand of Microsoft, there are lots of features been introduced which are simply amazing!
This intriguing fast mail service provides the communication industry with great deal to make contemplations on bringing paperless communication to the world. With this new invention by Hotmail, communications have been made faster which enables you to quickly send messages, files, documents, and other attachments all together. With the fantastic feature been introduced by Hotmail, communications are been made more effective and faster. So with all these, why not learn how to create Hotmail account and join the queue of free email service access.
Steps to Create Hotmail Account
Hotmail is just like other popular email accounts like Gmail and Yahoo mail, because you need to follow steps to setup the account. Creating the account can be very easy. Just take some few steps below so you can be able to create Hotmail account.
- First go to your web browser and go to www.hotmail.com .
- Then take the second step by clicking on “Create Account.”
- A signup page will now open for you where you’ll have to enter an email address which you’ll be using and a strong password.
- You’ll then be asked about getting the promotional emails. Here, you’ll have to
- The next in line is where you’ll have to enter your details. This constitutes your username, personal details, and including your phone number.
- Once you’re done, click “Confirm” for you to get a verification mail showing that your account has been successfully created.
- Don’t be confused about the prospect of mixing Hotmail with Outlook. This is because both are linked together since Hotmail was moved to Outlook.
To select the country which you are currently staying and you’ll be required to put the country’s postal code which is not less or more than 5 numbers. (To see your country or region postal code, you can go to Google search and type it so that you can see it).
Personal information: On the Birthday column, just enter the date/month/year of your birth. Then you have to choose your gender (male of female). Enter your phone number which is currently active. You can add an Alternative email address, which is important in case you lost your account and want to recover it in the future.
Now that you’ve already known how to create Hotmail account perfectly, we’ll now take you to the next step for you to log in.
- If you want to log into your new Hotmail account, go to your Hotmail page > you’ll see a tab requiring you to Login > then enter your account email and password.
- If you want to use your mobile device, trust me it is much easier than going through your web browser. All you need is to download the Outlook app > enter your Hotmail email ID and password.
- You can also locate the options menu. Since Hotmail was moved to Outlook, it has made email messages easier to manage.
Now you see how easy it can be!
Also See: How to Create Google Mail Account
What does Hotmail Has to Offer?
Using Hotmail can be very easy more than you can even imagine. And it’s even much easier with the use of the Interface. Now, it is very easy for users making use of this service with lots of devices like computer, tablets, or phone device. This interface is quite faster than the normal routine. It loads faster but there will be kind of hiccup when checking your inbox.
Hotmail has loads of features which it offers to its users. You can be able to view, edit, and even share files by having access to Microsoft office web apps just for free. Whether you’re using any kind of device, it doesn’t even matter because this feature is for all. Not only that, Hotmail equally allows you to filter your messages, contacts, and files so that it will be easier whenever you want to delete them. So you don’t need to stress yourself from locating the message you want to view.
You can also view the conversation you had with your friends whenever you want to locate your Important Message. This is very important because whenever you don’t need unnecessary messages in your inbox, you can just use the Sweep option. This will prevent you from seeing those unnecessary messages. Apart from this though, there are other cool features Hotmail has to offer.
Opening and using Microsoft with the platform can actually waste some time though. So therefore, Hotmail now offers Microsoft office features that are within the email which you can use and edit or better still revise the document if you want to. Doing this will actually save you from stress, and practically save your time, especially when you have loads of work in place to process.
Sometimes people often make use of the same email ID simply for different purposes. It may be for personal use and business purpose. You should know that doing this will actually warrant you to use put both accounts in proper place at the same time. There is this Personal Folder which you can see on your Hotmail dashboard. This feature enables you to create folders based on how you want them to be. With this, you can be able to arrange your emails so that it can be easily accessed. This can save your time and effort whenever you want to locate the mail in the future.
Another package for you is to link your emails into one place. Hotmail offers you the opportunity to link other email accounts so that it can be properly synced. Syncing these social media accounts could be beneficial for the contact management and managing important events and all other things. With this feature, you can be able to connect with other people on different email accounts with ease.
Do you have an Old Hotmail Account and Want to Login?
You know there are some cases where users have lost their Microsoft account password and simply can’t recover it? Trust me; you can simply use the security information to recover your Hotmail email account. This is because Outlook does not scan your email for the purpose of serving you ads. Although you’ll need to pass through the phase of answering some security questions before you can proceed. Well, you need to fill out Hotmail’s recovery form to gain access again. This Recovery Form provides you with additional information to ensure that you gain access to your old account.
But you need to take note of the fact that Hotmail users who have disabled two-step verification cannot use the recovery form. This two-step verification is a recently-introduced security function preventing people from signing in without two forms of identification, regardless of how much information is known about their account.
To get this all worked out, you’ll need a working email account, which is required so that Microsoft can provide information about your request. Though, users can use any active email account, even one belonging to trusted friends or relatives. Users who do cannot access another email account can alternatively create a temporary Outlook account for free by selecting Create One at the Microsoft account sign-in page.
- To fill out the Recovery Form, you first of all need to visit account.live.com/acsr and enter your email address, phone number or username relating to the account you are attempting to access.
- The next thing is to provide an email address Microsoft can use to contact you concerning your request.
- You will then be requested to enter the generated characters that appear on the screen to determine that you’re not a robot.
- After that, another screen will then pop-up asking you to verify the contact email address.
- Then check the email that have been sent to you for the security code, enter it, and then select “Verify.”
- Once you’re through with that, select “Submit” when you’re through.
- Finally, you’ll have to wait for up to 24 hours for Microsoft to respond.
Was that helpful? You can Just drop your comment in the box below.