Table of Contents
In this article, we’re going to be emphasizing on how to fix iPhone low call volume in order to solve the issue once and for all. Sometimes you’ll get an incoming call but the volume will turn out low, making you to be unable to notice when your phone rings. Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll be able to know how to fix iPhone low call volume.
One thing you should know is that Apple Airpods is arguably the best in terms of making and receiving calls with louder volume and as well listening to music playback. This means that it’s one of the best wireless earbuds mainly used to listen to music and also making and receiving calls with loud volume. So to say, if you want your music volume to be loud, then it’s recommended that you use the iPhone Volume Booster. But aside from that, just read further below to see how to fix iPhone low call volume all by yourself.
Different Ways to Fix iPhone Low Call Volume
Giving the fact that there are several ways to fix iPhone low call volume, you can as well locate the Accessibility Settings and perform your task.
Turn up the call volume for incoming calls
If you notice that your call volume is on the low, you can turn it up in order to increase the call sound. One thing about this is that once you turn it up, it will equally reflect on iPhone connected with Earpiece/Apple EarPods connector or Airpods.
If you want to perform this task, it’s simple. Just use your iPhone’s volume up button to increase the sound.
Another mode is to use the Speaker option on the Caller screen to make call louder with no need of increasing the volume side button.
Increase Phone Ring and Music Volume
You can as well try the Apple music volume on the speaker as another means. If you want to use do this, you need to go to the Settings tab > click on Sounds > tap on Ringer and Alerts. You’ll then have to slide finder right to level up the soundbar and volume.
Using Bluetooth Headphone or Airpods
Call Audio Routine option is for manually setting all incoming calls diverted only on Bluetooth Headset, Speaker or Automatic means.
- Go to the Settings Apps.
- Then to General.
- Click down to Accessibility.
- Then go to Call Audio Routine.
- Then set it to Automatic.
The option is quite different from iOS 13 version.
See Also: How to Fix Your iPhone Sound Problem
For iOS 13 users:
- You can go to the Settings Apps.
- Then move to General.
- Then move to Accessibility.
- Click on “Touch.”
Not only that, you can as well turn off or disable Bluetooth under the Settings app.
- To do this, you need to go to the Settings app.
- Click on “Bluetooth.”
- Turn off the Bluetooth.
With this, all Bluetooth devices will automatically be disconnected and you can listen to your iPhone speaker as normal.
Remove dust from your iPhone Speaker Slot
If you’re observant enough, you’ll see that extra layer of dust that covers up speaker holes with dust particles. Never can tell, this might be the stumbling block and will cause your volume to be low.
You can get a soft toothbrush that is tiny to remove the dust particles on your iPhone’s outer speaker. You can as well use a Wooden or Repair Kit tools.
Remove Small Plastic Cover on Top Speaker
This is peculiar among phone users, not only iPhone as well. iPhone users makes use of a temporary cover which is popular called (Screen guard). This can be important because it protects the main screen from scratch. But on the same aspect, can cover the Hearing Speaker of your iPhone at the top.
So you need to make sure to carve out that part so it won’t block the speaker.
You can Reset all Settings
You can take up this task when you’ve actually tried all other options and it doesn’t work. You can reset all your settings to the latest iOS version. There’s no need to bother about the outcome cos this option will not delete your essential data like App, Contacts, Mail, Media, and Mail. All this will do is to reset the settings to default.
- You need to go to the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Then click on “General.”
- After that, click “Reset” to reset all your settings.
Your phone will for sure reboot and it will boost the sound quality on call and music.
iPhone Software Update
Another option is to update your iPhone to an upgraded level. If your Apple iPhone is up-to-date, it will definitely repair the system files from the root.
- In order to do this, you need to go to Settings.
- Click on “General.”
- Then scroll down to System Update below your iPhone screen.
You can Erase all Content and Settings
You can erase all content and settings in your iPhone. But first, you need to first backup all your data. You have lots of data to back up such as; Messages, Contacts, Apps, Media, other Settings, etc. In order to do so, you need to use iTunes or Finder to backup all your data from iPhone to Mac or PC.
To erase all contents and settings on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Then click on the “General” option.
- Then scroll down to Reset so as to erase all Content and Settings in the phone.
- You’ll be required to enter your iPhone passcode.
- After that, all content and settings will then be reset.
You can now go ahead and re-copy all your data back to the phone.
Last but not the Least – Contact Support Team
This is the final measure you need to take if you’ve exhausted all other options to fix iPhone low call volume. If you’ve gone through the whole processes above and your iPhone sound is still not fixed, then you definitely need to contact Apple Support or Technical Team.
You can as well turn off the phone’s volume with some simple taps:
- In order to do this, once you open the Settings app.
- You’ll have to click on Accessibility.
- Then click on Audio/Visual.
- Tap on Phone Noise Cancellation to turn it disable or turn it off.
Having seen how to fix iPhone low call volume, there are some other things we can teach you which you can be able to do on your iPhone device. So therefore, read further below to see important iPhone tips.
How to Fix Your iPhone Ringtones
You can probably as well fix the ringtone issue on your device whenever you want to. Having assigned a ringtone on your device and the sound for incoming calls is not even playing.
Switching of ringtones on iPhone and other devices like Android and Windows phone are quite different. So you need to follow the steps below so you can be able to fix your iPhones ringtones:
- The first step you need to take is to go to the Settings app and go to Sounds
- The next thing is to adjust the volume of your ringtone.
- You’ll see a Red color on the Mute button on your phone.
- All you need is to switch it on to let your ringtone to ring.
- The next thing is to restart your iPhone or power off and on.
Doing this will definitely fix your iPhone ringtones.
If you were not able to fix the problem via the steps above, you’ll have to wait for new iOS update to fix this bug. This could be bugs in your present iOS version. All you need to do is to wait for the new update to get this bug fixed. And you can report the bug to Apple support to help it quickly fix it.
You might be interested in adding ringtones to iPhone from a computer device.
One thing you’ll notice is that you may not find a Tones tab in iTunes 12.7. This is because Apple removes the ability to manage ringtones and apps. Apple suggests you to use the Sounds Settings on device to re-download your ringtones.
The alternative for the iTunes enables you to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone directly; you can also transfer songs to iPhone as ringtone.
- All you need to do is to open AnyTrans.
- Plug it in your iPhone and click on “Device Manager.”
- Go to the Category Management page in AnyTrans for iOS.
- After that, click on “Audio” and then choose your ringtones.
- Click on the “Settings” button to set the duration of the ringtones.
- After that, then you need to click on “Save” to confirm.
- The next thing is to click the + button.
- Select the ringtones or songs that you want to add to your iPhone and click “Open” for it to play.
Not only that, you can as well update your iPhone iOS 12 version if you’re not currently using that version. Giving the fact that it’s been difficult to update with data because it’s about 2GB to do that, and you don’t want to use a Wi-Fi network.
But the interesting part is that we can teach you how to do that without Wi-Fi! So read further below to see the steps:
How to Update iPhone to iOS 12 without Wi-Fi
Follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- The first thing is to connect your iPhone device to a computer USB port using the USB cord.
- Once you do that, internet connection and the newest version of iTunes will be required.
- Click on the iPhone-shaped icon at the top left corner.
- Click on “Check for Update.”
- Then check for available version when a pop-up window appears.
- Click on “Download Update” and tap “Agree” so that it will start updating.
- While you’re on this process, your iPhone must be connected to the computer device.
- The next thing is where you’ll see an Apple logo on your iPhone. This may even take about an hour to pop-up.
- When this is done, just enter your password and boom! You’re on it.
Using the alternative method:
- All you need to do is to look for another device whether Android or Windows phone.
- If it’s an iPhone you’re using, just go to settings > cellular > then click on Personal Hotspot > tap the slider to turn it on.
- Then make sure your Wi-Fi is active by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > then tap on the name of the Personal Hotspot you want to join.
- Once you’ve done that, you can now be able to update your iPhone device to iOS 12 using the cellular data. All you need is to go to Settings > go to General > then to Software Update > after that, you can now click “Download and Install” and wait for few minutes.