Do you think Facebook SMS notification is of no use to you? Then you’ve not actually had its experience. How do you actually feel when you get alert notifying you that a debit has been in your account and you’re not aware of it? You’ll definitely be at alert I presume. Now think of Facebook SMS notification as a way of getting your attention when someone has tempered with your profile. There are other things you need to know about Facebook SMS notification and we’ve got you covered on it.
Facebook has continued to provide interesting features for its users, and getting notifications is not an exception. Some of the most recent features on Facebook are; combining your recently uploaded photos and videos into a single update, all your birthday messages from friends into an auto-generated video clip which enables your birthday to be included in you profile for you to receive at least three wall posts or tags in posts on your birthday so you can receive one of the recap videos the next day. There are some other features which Facebook has already added.
There’s no doubt that getting notifications is the most peculiar way of staying connected with what is going around you. Having thought of this, Facebook decided to adopt the SMS pattern in order to enable its users to receive and respond to updates on their status, private chats, comments on your posts, or even any change been made in their profiles. But you need to enable the Facebook SMS Notification feature via your account’s settings.
How Does Facebook SMS Notification Works?
Just like we’ve highlighted for you the things that have to do with Facebook SMS notifications, I know you might be anxious to know how it works.
Although one thing you need to know is that Facebook will not charge you for the SMS notifications, but you’ll be charged depending on your plan. So you need to know your number’s plan charge per text message so that you’ll not be surprised if you’re charged.
In order to start receiving these SMS notifications pertaining updates from your Facebook, you definitely need to link your account with your phone number. All you need to do is to go to the Account Settings page and tap on “Mobile” > then select Add a Phone > after that, text ‘F’ to ‘32665’ > you’ll receive a confirmation code on your phone > then enter the confirmation code on your phone. Having done that, your Facebook account will, therefore, be linked with your phone number and you’ll start receiving SMS notifications.
There’s no doubt that there are kinds of messages we want to be seen on our profile. Then coming to phone SMS? Surely you need to set your Facebook notifications so that you’ll not be bugged with unnecessary notifications. All you need to do is to go to the Mobile Settings of your Facebook account > then click “Edit” > you’ll then have to choose the kinds of notifications to be receiving > after that, click on “Save Changes” and it will then reflect.
What if you decide to stop the notifications entirely? Maybe you’ve grown tired of the notifications and want to put a stop to it, you can actually do this with just some simple taps.
All you need to do is to uncheck the box in the SMS column which is located next to the list of notifications you want to be receiving > then click on “Save Changes” which is located at the bottom of the screen. If you want to de-activate your Facebook from having a link with your phone prior to SMS notifications, then you need to click on the “Remove” link which is located next your phone number in the Mobile tab.
Alternatively, you can still follow a shortcut if you don’t want to follow the route above. In order to do this, you’ll need to type “STOP” to “32665” to stop receiving the notifications.
See Also: Know More About Facebook Jail
But I don’t know how to Locate Facebook General Settings
In order to find your Facebook settings, you need to click on the option tab at the top right corner > Select Settings & Privacy and click “Settings” > Then click on the settings you want to update from the options in the left bar.
From there, you can either select the General Settings, Security and Login, Privacy, Timeline and Tagging, Blocking, Face Recognition, and even Language & Region.
On the General Settings, you can either add or remove phone number from your Facebook account. Just like other options, this can also be done as simple as anything.
To add your first or another mobile phone number:
- Go to the options tab at the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and click on “Settings.”
- Look at the left sidebar and click “Mobile.”
- Then click “+ Add your first Phone number” or click “Add another Phone number” that’s if you wish to add more numbers.
- After that, enter your Phone number and choose if you’d like to get a text message or phone call with your confirmation code.
- Once you’re done with that, click “Continue.”
- Enter the confirmation code been sent to you and click “Confirm”.
Now if you want to remove a mobile phone number from your account, follow the steps below:
- Still go to the option tab at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and select “Settings”
- Look at the left sidebar and click “Mobile.”
- Then scroll down below and go to the number you want to remove and click “Remove.”
- Click “Remove Phone” in order to confirm this action.
Then going through the Settings & Privacy, can also be able to add or remove an email from your Facebook account.
To add an email address;
- Go to the top right corner option as usual, go to Settings & Privacy and click “Settings.”
- Click “Contact” in the General tab.
- Click “Add another email.”
- Then enter your email and click “Add.”
- Enter your Facebook password and click “Submit.”
- After that, tap “Close.”
A confirmation code will be sent to your email. Click on the link to confirm that you want the email to be added to your Facebook account. Or you can copy the confirmation link sent to your email > go to the contact section of your settings and click “Confirm” > Paste the code and click “Okay” > then click “Save changes.”
To remove an email address:
- Go to the option tab at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and click “Settings.”
- Click “Contact” in the General tab.
- Choose the email you want to remove and click on “Remove.”
- Then click “Save changes.”
Then what if you’ve had enough of a particular user bugging you with messages? That’s a very simple task. You can as well block the person so that he/she will not be disturbing you anymore.
In case you want to block someone on Facebook, you need to follow the steps below:
I want to Block Someone
- You’ll need to go to your web browser.
- Then go the person’s profile page.
- Then click on the three dots option button located at the bottom right corner of the cover page.
- After that, click on “Block.”
- Finally, tap on “Confirm” and that’s it.
Actually you need to do this on each of the users that send you unnecessary messages which you’re not interested in.
Generating lots of unwanted messages and notifications on your account and even as an SMS and you’re really tired of it? Though deleting your account is the last option but if you’ve made up your mind to take that action and create a new Facebook account, then we’ll show you the steps you need to take in order to do so.
I want to Create a New Account
- If you want to create a new account, you need to download the Facebook app and launch it or click on www.facebook.com.
- Once the site opens, you need to click on “Create New Account.”
- After that, click on “Get Started.”
- The next screen that opens is where you’ll have to fill out your Full Name, Date of Birth, and Gender.
- Then enter your mobile phone number, or click on “Use your email address.” The reason for this is during your recovery process. In case your account is been hacked, to recover it will need your mobile number verification or email verification, depending on the one you chose during sign up.
- The next thing is for you to create your password and then confirm the password. Now when it comes to this aspect, you need to make sure to use a strong password with a combination of alphabets/numbers/sign. This will at least make it difficult for fraudsters to hack your account. And again, never disclose your password to anyone you don’t know or trust.
- After that, click on “Sign up.”
- Finally, you’ll need to confirm your phone number or email address depending on the one you’re using.
Now that you’ve successfully created your account, you can search for friends on Facebook. All you need is to click on the “Search icon” located at the top right corner of your page > then write the person’s full name and wait > a list of people with same name will pop up for you. All you need is view their respective profile pictures to know the right person you’re looking for.