Table of Contents
Facebook Messenger Room App | Facebook Messenger Rooms Review
We’ve packaged for you everything you need to know about Facebook Messenger Room. Facebook has introduced a new room chat on Messenger, which allows you to invite your friends to join a call online, just like it’s normally done on Skype and Zoom. This is one of the new features been introduced on the platform not long ago. The reason behind this setup is for users who are on lock-down because of COVID-19 to be able to engage in group chat gathering which they’ve missed for a very long time. During his Live address, Zuckerberg promised Messenger Rooms would be rolled out worldwide soon. He explained that Messenger Rooms can also be connected to your Facebook Events, making a group hangout just one click away for your event attendees. Modeled after tools like Zoom and Houseparty, Messenger Rooms is Facebook’s take on video conferencing: users can conference with up to 50 people at once and there’s no time limit on calls. Read through this article for everything you need to know about Facebook Messenger Room.
What’s more about Facebook Messenger Room? This app enables users to send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio, and files, as well as react to other users’ messages and interact with bots. The service also supports voice and video calling. The standalone apps support using multiple accounts, conversations with optional end-to-end encryption, and playing games. There’s no doubt to say that lots of users now engage in an online video call on Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp as well. So with that, making video calls is not a new thing on the platform. But so to say, there’s been an upgrade towards that whereby you can now be able to set up and make video calls on the Facebook Messenger chat rooms. Giving the fact that there have lock-downs all over the world, the rate of this group video chat tends to increase such as the normal individual video chats have increased within these few weeks.
One thing you should know is that Facebook Messenger chat rooms come with a high level of privacy protection, which includes the ability of users to control who logs into their respective rooms and equally have the ability to lock the room. But one thing you need to know about this room is that anybody the created a specific room must be online and present in order to start the call so that others will follow suit. The group creator has the right to add anyone, and also removes anybody that he/she pleases. Prior to the video conferencing, users are allowed to engage in a video call with up to 17 people at the same time, which will even grow to 50 in the future. So, therefore, whenever you set up a Messenger Room call, the people you added will receive a notification on their respective home page, which will enable them to join the call. Read further below to learn how you can be able to set up the Facebook Messenger chat Rooms.
Key Facts About Facebook Messenger Room
The ability to converse with multiple people in the same conversation differentiates chat rooms from instant messaging programs, which are more typically designed for one-to-one communication. The users in a particular chat room are generally connected via a shared internet or other similar connection, and chat rooms exist catering for a wide range of subjects.
Here’s everything you need to know about Facbook Messenger Room fetures below:
- The primary use of a chat room is to share information via text with a group of other users.
- Like a virtual conference call, you can set up and invite anyone to join a call on Messenger Room. So you have no need to pre-plan or set a time in the calendar — this new addition is all about spontaneity.
- Anyone can join a Messenger Room. So you don’t need a Facebook or Instagram profile to use the tool.
- When you set up a new Messenger Room call, a notification will pop up on your friends’ and followers’ home page, so they can immediately jump in and join the call.
- The Messenger Room enables you to invite your Instagram followers and contacts on WhatsApp so as to bring your community together.
How to Setup Messenger Room on Desktop
- The first step is to log into your Facebook account on your computer.
- Then go to your News Feed channel and you’ll see a new section called “Rooms”.
- You can decide to either click “Create” in that bar or click on the “Create Room” button under the “Create Post” box.
- Once you click “Create” or create a post to start a Messenger Room, a window will pop up to give you options for your Room settings.
- The next thing is for you to decide what kind of Room you want to host, who’s invited, and when the Room will start.
- Facebook has teed up a few options to define your Room activity — like “Happy hour” and “Hanging out,” but you can also tap the + button to set a custom Messenger Room activity.
- Next for you is to specify who is invited to your Room. You can choose from either all of your Facebook friends or select specific friends from your list.
- You’ll also have the option to share a link to the Messenger Room so anyone (even people without a Facebook account!) can join your Room.
- Finally, before you can start your Messenger Room, you’ll need to set a start time.
- There’s also a handy “reset to now” button which automatically sets your start time to the present time — so there’s nothing holding you back from a spontaneous group hangout!
- Once all your settings are complete, you’ll be able to start your Room.
- Simply click the “Join” at the bottom to enter, and use the unique URL to share your Room with friends so they can join.
- Now you’re all but done, and your Messenger Room is all but set!
Facebook messenger room limit/ Capacity
Note: Only 50 people can join a Room at once.
How to Set it Up on Messenger App
For a quick and easy way to set up a Messenger Room via the Messenger app, just follow the steps below:
- At first, you’ll need to update to the latest version of the Messenger app and open it.
- Then cap “People” which is near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then click on “Create a Room” at the top of the screen.
- If you’re creating a Room for the first time, you’ll see a “Try it” button that outlines the feature. If you rather skip it, just tap “Done” to move past the intro info.
- The next screen will allow you to adjust who gets to join the call.
- Click on “Who Can Join” (on an iOS) or “Edit” (on Android) to get two sharing options: anyone who has the link or only Facebook users with the link, and anyone with the link or invitation can join the call.
- Once you’re finished on your call, you can leave the Messenger Room — there’s the option to end the Room for all attendees or to leave it open so your guests can continue without you.
How To Integrate Facebook Messenger Rooms on Instagram
To Setup a Messenger Room from Instagram, just follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram Direct Messages tab and tap the video call icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Create a Room” and invite your Instagram contacts or copy a direct link to your Room.
- That’s it and Everything will now be set!
Bonus Tip – How to Play Games on Messenger
One of the games been introduced is the Word Blitz game. The Facebook Messenger word blitz game is a trivia and word game which is developed by Lotum. Your task is to try as much as possible to match-up letters in order to form comprehensive words. You can equally decide to play the game with your colleague or friend so as to test each other’s ability and to know who plays the game best.
You can play this game either on your Android or IOS, as long as you have the Facebook Messenger app installed on your device. At first, you need to make sure your device has a stable internet connection so you can open the app on your device
- Go to the search bar located at the top corner of your Messenger App and type “Instant Games.”
- After that, click on the Facebook Instant Games page so that it will open.
- Click on your search option on the page and search “Word Blitz.”
- Once you’re through with that, the game will eventually show up.
- Then finally, click on “Play Game.”
There also other games to be played and we’ll also introduce you to the Facebook Messenger OMG game. This game enables you to showcase yourself by answering cool questions about your personal life. If you want to play the OMG game on Facebook Messenger, then you need to first set it up.
- In order to play this game on your mobile phone device, you’ll need to download the messenger app and then make sure you have an active internet connection. Downloading the app will give you direct access always. This you can do either on the Google Play Store via Android or the Apple store via an iOS device.
- In order to connect with Facebook Messenger OMG online, all you need to do is to log in to your account. But since you’re quite new, you need to create an account first before logging in so as to connect directly to the online gaming.
- While you’ve been connected and have started playing your cool game online, you need to bear it in mind that there is always a Timer for you, which is located on the left-hand side of your screen. So with this, you should probably know that you don’t have the whole time in the world answering questions.
If you want to select either of which you want to play, you need to set your Facebook Messenger so you can be able to play it. But this requires steps to get you to play the game.
- Once you setup the Facebook Messenger app, you need to separate it from the standalone app.
- Find the Games icon and open a conversation.
- Then tap the + sign in the bottom left.
Now you can pick a game and start playing
Facebook Messenger Room App | Facebook Messenger Rooms Review