Table of Contents
Facebook Dating App Features: Using the Facebook Dating app is very much easy once you sign up for it. But remember, you need to make sure that it’s supported in your area cos it’s not supported in every country for now. Facebook introduced this exciting feature to connect Facebook users all over the world together. With this development, you can now be able to find your favorite match to connect with online on Facebook. Now read through this article to see how the Facebook Dating app really works…
For now, the Facebook Dating app is supported in countries like; Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guayana, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, USA, Uruguay, and Vietnam. If your country is not amongst the list above, then know that the Facebook Dating app is yet to be released in your locality and you can’t use the feature.
Once you set up a Facebook Dating profile, only people that are in the dating service can be able to view your dating profile, not your Facebook friends. Your Dating profile will never appear in News Feed. Facebook on the other hand will not suggest your friends or people you’ve blocked for a possible match, although you can decide to choose whether you want your friends to be suggested as matches if you wish to. Now read further below so you can set up the Facebook Dating app…
How To Set Up and Activate Facebook Dating App Feature
As long as it’s available in your area, you can follow the steps below to activate the feature:
- You need to locate the feature in your Facebook app by going to the Menu tab which is denoted by 3 horizontal lines located at the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on “Dating” which is just the second option there below “View your profile”
- Doing this will open up your Dating Homepage. What you now need to do is to set up a separate Facebook Dating profile from there.
- Upon setting up your profile, you’ll have to select your gender and the genders you want to be potentially matched with.
- You’ll confirm your dating location and write a brief profile about yourself.
How to Find Matches
You can find dates by going to the Facebook Dating homepage. Once you’re there, you’ll see about three options for you to find potential matches:
- Suggested For You
- “Likes” You
Assuming you select “Suggested For You”, you’ll find matches that will be provided for you by Facebook. Once you get to see the one you like, you can just tap on the “Heart” icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen to indicate interest.
For the “Likes You” option, you’ll see lists of matches that have already indicated interest for you in your profile. It will now be left for you to match with them by tapping on the “Heart” icon or you can tap on “No Thanks” if you’re not interested.
And as for the Groups/Events, it’s just similar to “Suggested For You” just the difference is that here, the matches you’ll see will be based on your preferences prior to your profile.
How to Change Your Location
- Tap on the same menu icon which is denoted by 3 horizontal lines located at the top right corner of the page
- You can now tap on “Dating”
- Then tap on “Profile” and tap “Edit”
- Select “Dating Location”
- Then tap on “Update Dating Location”
- Once you’ve changed your location, click “Save”
Can I Link Instagram to My Facebook Dating Profile?
- You can add Instagram to Facebook Dating because Facebook is affiliated with Instagram. Linking Instagram to your Facebook Dating profile is quite a cool and easy thing to do. Just follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Settings” icon located at the top right corner of the screen
- Click on “General” so you can see the General settings menu
- Then toggle on “Instagram”
- You’ll then have to tap on “Add Instagram”
- Finally, just provide your Instagram login details to complete the linking process.
Facebook Dating App Features