Table of Contents
I know most of you still find it difficult to delete your email address. You know why? Because to even create the account is still giving some people some problems, talk more of deleting email address. But one thing you need to know if you want to embark on this task is the fact that when you delete your email address, all your mails, documents, and equally account settings will also be deleted. So it is advisable for you to back up your files before deleting your email account. This site will teach you the procedures on how you can be able to delete your email address.
Don’t be confused about this task, cos you need to understand one simple terminology here. “Deleting your email account does not mean only one account or deleting the whole accounts in total” What does this mean? It means that you could have signed up for Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or even Hotmail. So with that, this site is going to give you steps on how to delete them one after the other respectively. All you need to do is to read further below and follow the steps drafted for you so you can be able to delete your email address succinctly.
Guidelines to Delete Your Email Address
Just like it’s stated for you above, we’ll take the about three popular email addresses (Google mail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail) one after the other.
Google Mail Account
Gmail is a free email service which is been developed by Google. This enables users to gain access on the web using third-party programs that synchronizes email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Another interesting fact about Gmail is that Users nowadays can receive emails up to 50mb of storage, including attachments, while they can send emails up to 25mb of size. But in order to send these large files, you’ll have to insert files from Google Drive into the message.
Google’s mail servers automatically scan emails for multiple purposes, including to filter spam and malware, and to add context-sensitive advertisements next to emails. The Gmail user interface initially differed from other webmail systems with its focus on search and conversation threading of emails, grouping several messages between two or more people into a single page.
How to Delete Google Mail
- The first thing is to log into your Gmail account.
- Then click on “Settings” located at the top of the screen.
- Select “Accounts” and then click on “Google Account Settings.”
- After that, click on the “Edit” option located next to My Products.
- Then select “Remove Gmail Permanently.”
- Click the check box written “Are you sure you want to permanently delete @gmail.com?”
- Finally, enter your current password and click on “Remove Gmail.”
With the steps above, you’ve successfully deleted your Google mail account.
Yahoo! Mail Account
With its headquarter in Sunnyvale, California, The company was founded by two members namely “Jerry Yang” and “David Filo” in January 1994 and was incorporated in 2nd March 1995. It was launched back in 1997 across the globe. Yahoo! mail became the one the pioneers of the early era of the internet in the 1990s. Back in 2007, Yahoo! mail launched the feature to switch between different modes like mail, text and chat messages. By the end of 2011, Yahoo mail has already reached a total of 281 million users making it one the largest web-based email Provider Company in the world. So you can see that this service provider has really made tremendous progress towards customer delivery around the at large.
With over 200 million+ users, Yahoo! mail offers you to send and received many emails on your account. It also provides unlimited message space, customization, virus protection and blocking the spam emails.
How to Delete Yahoo! Mail
- The first step for you is to log into your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Then click on the “Help” button.
- Another window will then pop up. Scroll down under the “Top Questions.”
- Then click on the “How do I close my Yahoo! Account?” option.
- After that, click on the “Account Termination” link.
- Then log into your account once you are directed to do so.
- Go through the Termination Agreement page.
- Type your password in box provided for you to confirm your action.
- Enter the code shown in the box.
- Select “Yes, terminate this account.”
And that’s how easy it is on Yahoo! Mail.
Hotmail is one of the oldest free mail services which was created in 1995 by Sabeer Bathia and Jack Smith. This mailing service was created to send and receive emails all around the world. Hotmail was linked to Microsoft for the past couple of years. Within just four years after its link-up with Microsoft, Hotmail got about 100 million users immediately. The platform got the attention of more people and now has more than 400 million users. As of 1997 when the service became a brand of Microsoft, there are lots of features been introduced which are simply amazing!
Hot to Delete Hotmail Account
- First, go to Hotmail.com and log into your account.
- Click the “Help” link located at the top corner of the window.
- Type “Close account” in the search box provided for you, and navigate through the search results.
- Then select “Close your account” and follow the on-screen process to close your account.
And that’s the way to do it on Hotmail!
Read More: How to logout of Email on Your iPhone
You’ve deleted your old email accounts successfully. But if there’s incase any way you want to create another email account, then read below to see the various steps for each of the accounts.
How to Create Your Gmail Account
- The first step you’ll need to embark on is to visit the official site @ www.gmail.com.
- A new page will open where you’ll have to click on “Create Account.”
- After that, the signup page will then open where you’ll need to enter your relevant details. You’ll have to enter your first and last names, choose a username you want to use, then select a strong password and click “Next.” You’ll have to note that while choosing a username just make sure that it has not been taken already although you’ll be notified if the username you chose has already been taken. If you can’t find a username for yourself you don’t need to worry because an alternative username will be provided for you. Whereas for the password, make use of upper and lowercase letters in addition with numbers. The reason for this is so that it cannot be easily hacked.
- The next step for you is where you’ll enter your phone number which needs to be verified. Once you’ve done that click “Next.”
- A verification code that comprises of six-digit numbers will be sent to that phone number you provided. Enter that code in the field provided and then click on “Verify.”
- The next page that will open is where you’ll have to enter your Bio-data which comprises of your date/month/year of birth and then your gender. Click “Next” if you’re through with that.
- The next page comes with Google’s Terms and Privacy. Go through this and click on “I agree.”
- Finally, the next page that’ll open will be your dashboard showing that your account has been successfully created.
How to Create Yahoo! Mail Account
- At first, you need to go to your browser and type www.yahoo.com which will lead you to Yahoo mail official site.
- When the page opens, you’ll see a profile logo at the top right corner, tap on it.
- When the next page opens, you’ll have to click on the “Sign in” option.
- The next page opens up for you to enter your email address. But in this case, you’ll have to click on “Create an Account” in order to open a new account because this is your first time.
- The next page that will open comprises of where you’ll fill your First name, Last name, choosing your new Email address, setting a new Password, Phone number (with your country code), Birth month/day/year, and then Gender (optional).
Note: you need to make sure that first, you provide an active phone number because it will be verified. Your email address must not be in use. For example, if you something like this “the email address is already in use” Just try another one or you can make use of the alternative one been provided for you by Yahoo mail. Also, try as much as possible to make use of a strong password (Uppercase + Lowercase letters and inclusion of numbers” which is advisable so that your account cannot be hacked easily.
- Once you’re done with that, click on “Continue.”
- The next page that’ll open is where you’ll have to verify your phone number. Click on “Text me a verification code.” A message will be sent to the phone number which you provided. Once you receive that code, simply enter the digits to verify your number and click on “Continue” to go to the next page.
- The next page that’ll open will be a congratulatory message for setting up your Yahoo mail account successfully.
- Click on “Continue” and agree to the terms and conditions of Yahoo mail. You’ll then be redirected to your official Yahoo mail account homepage where you can start accessing the service provider via your own account.
How to Create Hotmail Account
- First, go to your web browser and go to www.hotmail.com.
- Then take the second step by clicking on “Create Account.”
- A signup page will now open for you where you’ll have to enter an email address which you’ll be using and a strong password.
- You’ll then be asked about getting the promotional emails. Here, you’ll have to
- The next in line is where you’ll have to enter your details. This constitutes your username, personal details, and including your phone number.
- Once you’re done, click “Confirm” for you to get a verification mail showing that your account has been successfully created.
Now that’s how easy it can be if you want to reverse back and get a new fresh account!