Table of Contents
Have you suddenly grown tired of your Badoo account, and you want to get rid of it? Then you’re on the right site that will teach you the procedures you need to take in order to delete your Badoo account successfully. Maybe you’ve tried to delete your Badoo account but to no avail, simply because you’re using the wrong approach. Don’t worry about that again cos we’ll take you through the process.
Having been found in 2006, Badoo is one of the best social platforms which is available in over 190 countries around the globe. Having this account enables you to interact with people in your area with the same account. It has a clear user-interface which allows you to search for users in different parts of the world. Once your search yields a positive result, a date will be setup for you two in order to meet up. Well it’s not all about dating though; you can as well decide just to chat and meet new people online on Badoo.
One thing you should know again about this platform is that you’re allowed to create a profile by uploading pictures of yourself, also create a bio-data that describes you and tells your personality. Not only that, you can as well share interests and friends in common. But so to say, probably you’ve suddenly grown tired and frustrated and wants to delete your Badoo account, we’ll be properly highlighting you on that.
Whether you’re using different devices like Android, iOS, PC, and Mac, there are simple ways to follow in order for you to delete your account. But one thing you should note is that having deleted the account, you’ll have to wait for a while before it will be permanently deleted. Sometimes, it can take up to 30 days before the account will be deactivated. So read further below to see how you can be able to delete your Badoo account successfully.
Steps to Delete your Badoo Account
Follow the step-by-step method below:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to www.badoo.com and log in to your account.
- Then go to the top left corner of the page and click on your profile picture to open up your profile.
- On the next screen, click the Gear icon located at the top right corner to open your account settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the account settings page, and click on “Delete Account.”
- After doing that, Badoo will then give you some options of other things you can do instead of deleting your account. You can accept one of these options and stay on Badoo, or click ‘Delete Your Account.’
- After that, you’ll then click on “Continue.”
- Badoo will now offer you a free trial of Badoo Super Powers for three days if you decide to stay. If you want to take advantage of this, click “Get Free Super Powers”. If you still want to continue with deleting your account, click on “Delete Your Account” located at at the bottom of the window.
- You’ll then have to choose a reason why you want to delete your Badoo account.
- After that, click on “Continue” locatedat the bottom of the window.
- Type in your current password in the first text box. In the second text box, type in the characters you see on the left. This proves to Badoo that you didn’t end up on that page by accident.
- Finally, click on “Delete Your Account.”
And that’s how easy it is!
Badoo will therefore send you an email to confirm the deletion of your account. If you still want to change your mind, you can still re-activate your account within 30 days of deletion. To do so, you need to open the email from Badoo and click the button that says “Recover your Profile.”
Now we’re going to take this account deletion bit by bit, depending on the device you’re using. What am I trying to say? Due to the fact that there are users operating with their PC while others are using Smartphones (Android/iOS). So we’re going to take you through each of the device’s steps.
Deleting the Account on Android/iOS
Whether you’re using an Android or iOS device, follow the steps below:
- In order to start, you need to first log into the Badoo app on either your Android or iOS.
- Then hover to your Settings option which is located on the bottom left corner of your profile.
- Go to Account, and click on your phone number/email option.
- Doing this will direct you to another page where you’ll have to delete your Badoo account.
- You’ll then be asked to log out of your account by entering your password.
- Then click on “Delete Account.”
- After that, you’ll be asked to provide a reason why you want to delete your account.
- Since you’re upon account deletion, you’ll have to ignore the Premium offer and confirm your account deletion.
- Having done that, you’ll then receive a notification confirming tha your account has been deleted.
Deleting the Account on PC
This method is quite different from that of Smartphone devices, reason being that the above steps can be done via the Badoo app whereas you need to go through the Badoo website in order to delete your account using PC. And this can be done with your email and password.
If you’re using your PC as a means of accessing your account, and you want to delete it using the device, follow the steps below:
- What you need to do at first is to go to your profile by clicking on your name located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then go to Settings which is located at the top right corner of the Account screen.
- Having done so, you’ll then be taken to the Account Settings Page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your account where you’ll see “Delete Account.”
- Click on the option, and a pop-up box will appear asking you whether you’re sure of deleting your account.
- There will be a Free Premium to be offered to you. But since you want to delete your account, ignore this and click on “Delete your Account.”
- After that, you’ll see different reasons to choose from as the reason for you trying to delete your Badoo account. All you need to do is to fill out yours and click on “Continue.”
- Badoo will then request for your password. Enter your Badoo password in order to confirm your action.
- Finally, click on “Delete” and your account will be deleted once and for all.
Now that’s it!
See Also: How to Create Hotmail Account
Note: It takes up to 30 days before your account will be permanently deleted. So therefore, if you ever want to change your mind trying to recover your account back, you have only within that period to do so.
Well let’s just say your reason for deleting your old account was because you don’t want to use it again, and you want to create another account. That’s great though, cos we’ll still be taking you through the steps in case you want to create a new Badoo account.
Creating a New Badoo Account
Follow the steps below:
- As usual, you need to go to www.badoo.com in your web browser.
- The next thing is to select your gender.
- After that, you’ll have to choose the reason why you want to use Badoo. You can use it to Chat, Make New Friends, or to Date.
- Next in line is where Badoo will ask for some of your personal information. Click in each Text Box, and enter your name, your date of birth, the city you live in, and your email address.
- Once you’re done with that, click “Create Account.”
- After that, Badoo will then ask you if you would like to invite friends to join as well. Choose which service you use for your email, enter your email address and password in each text box, and click “Continue?” to find your contacts and choose who to invite. But you can click “Skip it for Now” at the bottom, if you don’t want to do this right now.
- You’ll then be given the option to add some photos to your profile. You can choose to import photos from your social media accounts, like Facebook, Instagram, or Google+. Or, you can upload photos from your computer.
- Once you’re done with that, you can now confirm your email address. You can do this by opening your email inbox and find an email from Badoo.
- Click on the button labeled “Complete your Registration.”
- Verify your account by typing your phone number into the text box, and then clicking “Verify.”
- Badoo will then have to call you using an automated computer system to confirm that you entered the correct number.
- The next thing is to add to your profile by filling in some more information about yourself and your interests. Just click in any Text Box to type about yourself, or click any Drop-down Menu to select something like your height, weight, etc.
- Next is to verify your profile with photos, linking your credit card, and connecting your Badoo profile to your social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Finally, you can now start meeting people on Badoo to find your matches! You can use either the “Encounters” feature, or the “People Nearby” feature to browse profiles of other users.
Was this helpful? Drop your comment.