9 Steps To Deactivate Your Tiktok Account: Do you want to delete your Tiktok account for reasons best known to you? Then you don’t have to worry about the process cos we’re here to guide you. You can’t take away the fact that Tiktok is quite an interesting social app that’s quite really cool. But on the other way round, it might turn out to be a problem cos it does engage you and take out some time from your daily routine. Due to an addiction to this app, you’ve decided to do away with it and deactivate your Tiktok account.
There are things you need to know before you deactivate your Tiktok account. Apart from not logging in to your account, you’ll not be able to have access to your posts, and as will refund any item you purchased. Although, your messages will still be visible to other users. And again, your account will only be deactivated for a period of 30 days after which the account will be closed permanently if you don’t log in within that period. Now read further below to see how you can be able to deactivate your Tiktok account…
How You Can Deactivate Your Tiktok Account
- The first step is to open the Tiktok app on your phone.
- Click on your Profile icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right corner to go to “Privacy and Settings.”
- You’ll see Account, General, Log out, etc. Click on “Account.”
- From there, click on “Manage My Account.”
- Go to the bottom center of the screen and select the option “Thinking about removing your account?”.
- The next thing is for you to input your phone number, cos a 4 digit SMS code will be sent to you.
- Enter the verification and click on “Continue.”
- Go through the warnings of deleting your account and finally click on “Continue.”
Once you’ve taken the above steps, your account will therefore be deactivated.
Note: If you’ve not added your phone number on Tiktok, endeavor to do so. This is because you can’t deactivate your Tiktok account.