YouTube allows you to watch videos, like videos and then subscribe to people’s channels. You always go through other users channels and fetch money for them, where you too can do the same for yourself so that people can like your own channel. All you need is just a Google account, and then you can be able to create YouTube account.
Just like other social networks, YouTube is considered to be the most popular social platform, which is used by millions of users across the world. Having started in the US, this video site has continued to circulate around the world with several users signing up. Not only that, you witness millions of users using YouTube channel in a single day. Currently, the site can be monetized once you signup. With that, you get paid every time people click on your channel.
With a personal YouTube account, you will be the only person who can manage your channel. Your channel will also have the same name as your Google account, meaning you can’t use your brand name. When you create a YouTube brand account, you can customize your channel for your brand and give access to team members. All these things we’re going to teach you here when you create YouTube account.
Easy Steps to Create YouTube Account
Below are the simplest ways to take in order to create YouTube account and brand name:
- First, you need to create a Google account. But you skip to the next step if you already have a Google account. But you don’t need to bother about the security of your Google account cos it won’t be exposed on the YouTube account.
- The second thing is to log into YouTube using your Google account details.
- Go to your YouTube channels page. If you’ve never created a YouTube channel before, you’ll only see your personal account. If you already have an existing brand channel, you’ll see it as well. To create a new brand channel, click Create a new channel.
- Then enter your brand name and click Create.
Now if you go back to your channels page, you’ll see both your personal account and your brand account. Your new brand account gives you access to YouTube analytics, which give you great access to know who’s watching your videos and what kind of content they respond to best.
Now that you’ve created the account, you can now verify your account in order to gain more access, such as uploading 15 minutes+ videos and as well create custom thumbnails for your videos. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- First go to youtube.com/verify
- Choose your country, then select whether you want to get your verification code by text or through an automated voice message.
- Then enter your phone number.
- After that, enter the verification code you receive and click Submit.
- Finally, Click “Continue.”
Once you’ve verified your account, the next thing is to add your brand identity.
See Also: How to Create Instagram Account
How to Add Your Brand Identity
When you’re starting a YouTube channel, it’s very necessary to present a brand identity.
- Log into YouTube on a computer, because you can only edit your channel images from a computer and not on a mobile device.
- Click your profile icon on the top right of the screen and choose your channel.
- Hover over the profile image to bring up the Edit channel icon function. Upload an image, and adjust the cropping. Your company logo is a good choice for your channel icon. The recommended image size is 800 x 800 pixels. It will render at 98 x 98 pixels on YouTube.
- Hover over the banner image to bring up the Edit channel art function. The recommended image size is 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. You can preview how your cover art will look on different devices and adjust the cropping accordingly.
You can still add links to your YouTube channel banner in order to boost your channel’s traffic.
How to Add YouTube Channel Banner
- First log into YouTube on a computer. Just like we said “Only your computer can do this and not your mobile device.”
- Go to your channel and click Customize channel.
- Click on the “About” tab.
- Then scroll down to Links.
- Click the pencil icon to add links that will appear over your channel banner art.
- Enter your website information. You can choose how many links to include. If you add links to social channels, they will be indicated with social media icons.
Finally, you’ve succeeded in creating your YouTube channel by adding the necessary things. Now you can start accessing your YouTube account.
How to Upload Video on YouTube
- First Sign into your YouTube account.
- Click on the Create a Video or Post button at the top of your screen, which looks like a video camera.
- Then click on “Upload video.”
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
- While your video uploads, add a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters. Make sure to include relevant keywords in your video description, but avoid keyword-stuffing.
- Finally, click “Publish.”
Now you can start organizing your channel by creating a YouTube channel structure. This is important because when you divide your videos into different categories, it will be easier for users to navigate through your content.
The first step is to organize your content into playlists. Each playlist can then become its own section.
- Sign into YouTube and go to your channel.
- Then click on “Customize channel.”
- Click on the “Playlists tab.”
- Click “New Playlist.”
- Enter a title for your playlist, which can be up to 150 characters long.
- Then click “Create.”
- You’ll be taken to a screen for your new playlist. Click “Edit.”
- Click “Add Videos.”
- After that, click “Your YouTube Videos.”
- Select the videos you want to include in your playlist and click “Add Videos.”
You can still use your playlists to create your YouTube channel sections. See how to do this:
- Sign into YouTube on a computer and go to your channel.
- Click “Customize channel.”
- Then Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click “Add a Section.”
- From the Content drop-down menu, select “Single Playlist.”
- Under Choose a Playlist, select “My Playlists.”
- From the “Find Playlist” drop-down menu, choose the playlist you want to make into its own section.
- After that, click “Done.”
Now you need to create a short video to introduce yourself to people on your Channel. This is otherwise known as a YouTube channel Trailer.
How to Make a YouTube Channel Trailer
- Log into YouTube and upload the video you want to use as your channel trailer.
- Go to your channel and click “Customize channel.”
- Click “For New Visitors.”
- Then click “Channel Trailer.”
- Select the video to use as your trailer, and then click “Save.”
Now it’s not about creating a channel. You need to make it transparent so that it can be discovered easily so that users can be able to find your channel. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
How to Add Keywords to your Channel
- Sign into YouTube and click your profile icon in the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Creator Studio.”
- In the left menu, click “Channel.”
- Then in the menu that appears underneath, click “Advanced.”
- In the Channel keywords section, enter keywords relevant to your content. Be sure to focus only on keywords that truly relate to the content you plan to produce.
You can therefore add a channel description so as to make it more discoverable for users.
How to a Channel Description
- Got to your YouTube channel page and click “Customize Channel.”
- Then click on the “About tab.”
- Go to the description field and click on the pencil icon to add a channel description. You have up to 1,000 characters, so use them wisely. Include relevant keywords to help make your channel more discoverable.
Still wanna boost your channel even more? You can simply do that by adding team members in order to help you manage it effectively.
How to Add People on your Channel
- Sign into YouTube and click your profile icon in the top right
- Go the drop-down menu and select “Settings.”
- Go to the bottom corner of the page and click “Add or Remove Managers.”
- After that, click on “Manage Permissions.”
- Then on the click the People Icon in the top right to invite new users.
- Enter the email addresses of the team members you want to add to your account. But doing this, you need to choose a role for each of them.
- After that, click “Invite.”
- Finally, click “Done.”
Then the real deal! Monetize your account cos that’s what is trending.
How to Locate the Monetization Icon on your Channel
- Sign into YouTube and click your profile icon in the top right.
- Go to the drop-down menu and select “Creator Studio.”
- Go to the left menu and click on “Channel.”
- Then click on “Status and features” when the page appears.
- Locate the Monetization box and click “Enable.”
- You need to agree upon the YouTube Partner Program terms after reading them.
- Then be patient for YouTube Partner Program to approve your application.
Was this helpful? You can leave your comment in the box below.