Table of Contents
Have you ever thought of using the most modern mode of transportation in this generation? Then you should definitely think of Uber. With Uber, you will be transported directly to anywhere you want to go without difficulty or stress. This one is not the other public mode of transport where you’ll have to go to the park or bus stop before you can book your transport. Not only that, but you can also create an Uber account and become one of their drivers which will give you the opportunity to be conveying people to their different locations and earn a living.
When we talk of Uber it will seem as if it’s a new thing but the fact here is that not everybody is familiar with it. This is because Uber was actually found in d past decade, having been launched in San Francisco in March 2009. Uber has really grown to become one of the most successful startups in history, boasting more than 75 million active users around the world.
So therefore, what newgia has to offer you in this article is to teach you how you can be able to create Uber account either as a passenger or a driver. But you need to bear it in mind that unlike other social accounts, Uber is quite different because it takes days before you can be able to complete your registration. You can sign equally create Uber account to book rides to and from locations with ease through the mobile app.
Steps to Create Uber Account
It only takes a few minutes to sign up for Uber either on your Android or iPhone. Once you have created an account, you can begin booking rides immediately. Now we’re going to show you how you can be able to create Uber account successfully to become a cool driver.
- Just get the Uber app installed on your Smartphone or tablet either from Google Play Store or from Apple Store.
- Enter your phone number so that you can receive Uber messages. After that, tap “Continue.”
- Now you’ll have to enter the 4-digit confirmation code which is been sent to you via the mobile number you entered.
- After that, enter your email address and then click on “Continue.”
- You’ll then be required to enter your password for the account and then tap “Continue”. Now all you need to do is to choose a very strong password with at least eight letters consisting of alphabets, numbers, and symbols. The reason for this is so that your account can’t be hacked easily.
- Next in line is where you’ll have to enter your first and last name and then click “Continue.”
- Finally, your account is set. All you need to do next is to agree to Uber’s terms of service
Next, you’ll be prompted to add a payment method because you definitely need to do that before riding on. You can choose between credit or debit card, PayPal, or Uber gift card. Note that if you don’t have any of these handy while creating your account, you can choose to skip this section for now by tapping “Skip” in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
Note: Once you setup the account as a passenger, you can now start making use of it very easily. Just press the arrow one final time and you will be taken to the Uber home screen which shows a map of your current location as well as a “Where to?” box in which you can type in the location where you want to go to.
Also See: How to Create Gmail Account
How to Make your Payment
Once you’re done with setting up the account, the next thing is to make payment for it cos its not actually free.
- Click on the option icon at the top left corner.
- Click on “Payment.”
- Then click on “Add Payment Method.”
- Click on “Add Promo/Gift Code.” You’ll then receive a promo code from another Uber user. All you need to do is to enter that code to receive a promotional discount. But if you can’t get a code, you can use FTC20 as recommended by Uber to get your first ride.
- After that, select your payment method depending on the country you are. Now assuming you chose Credit or Debit card option, just follow the on-screen guidelines to enter your card number and billing info. But on the other way round, if you select PayPal, PayTM, or even another payment method, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to sign-in to your account and authorize charges from Uber.
- Once your payment has been confirmed, you’re now ready for your ride!
Note: If you skip the payment options during your sign up, you’ll need to add the payment option before you can be able to book a ride.
How do I Ride on Uber
If you want to ride for Uber, you need to bear in mind that you must be 21 years above, insurance card, a valid driver’s license, and a legally registered car that has the necessary requirements that meets Uber’s demand for your location.
- Go to your web browser and type www.uber.com.
- Click on “Become a Driver.” At the top right green button of the screen.
- Then enter your personal information which consists of your name and phone number. Click Next to continue.
- You have to enter your social security or ID number been sent to you by Uber. Type the number in the space provided for you and then click Continue.
- After that, click “I agree & acknowledge” to agree to Uber’s background check.
- The next step for you is to take a photo of yourself. Click on “Upload photo” to send your photo.
- Calm down you’re almost done. This is the step where you’ll have your car inspected by Uber inspection agent before you can be to proceed to the next step. Just click on “Find an Inspection center”. If its hard finding an inspection center, don’t worry Uber will locate the nearest inspection center. Just click on “Choose this location” or click on “Choose a different location” for an alternative if you don’t like the center presented for you.
Note: While coming for the inspection, you need to come with your license, registration, and insurance card.
- Once you’ve already signed up for Uber, you’ll be asked to select the type of car you wish to drive. Select “Personal Vehicle” or “Taxi or Livery” to drive a licensed taxi.
- A pop-up message will appear for you asking for your inspection form. All you need is to upload your vehicle inspection form by clicking “Yes” and then click “Browse” to upload and scan the inspection form.
- Now you have to upload images of all your documents consisting of your insurance card, registration card, and business license. In terms of the business license, you’ll need to make enquiry to know whether the city you chose requires a business license to ride for Uber.
- Once Uber have finally approved your documents after checking your email, then know that your account setup is all but a success.
All but set! Once you’re done, an Uber welcome kit will be given to you in a matter of days or few weeks. This kit contains Uber sticker for your windshield and all other information you need to ride on the road
Need a tutorial? There is a video on Uber that will teach you things you need to know more especially information about using the app on your device. Just click on “Play on the welcome video” via your account.
Can I Refer a Friend to Ride with Uber?
The answer is yes. All you need to do is to get your sharing personal referring code and follow some necessary steps via the Uber app. You can refer friends, family, and other people you’re connected to on your social media handle. Once you refer a friend and him or her signs up for Uber, they’ll get their first ride for free and you’re also entitled to get a free Uber ride.
Also know that referring a friend on Uber does not mean the person automatically gets an Uber account. He/she still needs to follow the procedure of creating an account with your referral code so that both of you can enjoy the free ride. You can share your code via an email, SMS, or any social media app. Once you select an app which you want to use, you can use it to send a message to anyone you want to share your code to.
To do so, just click on the Option icon at the top left corner of the screen > click on Free rides > after that, click on Send invites. Once you’re done with that, your referral code will then appear below Your Invite code. But you need to make sure that the person you referred enters your code manually or even enter your link.
Was it helpful? You simply can drop your comment on the box below.
Read More: Create Yahoo Mail Account