Still not signed up on Instagram yet? Then you’re definitely missing a lot and lagging behind. This site will take you round the corner starting from creating an account, upload and share photos and videos, and equally like and comment on someone’s photos and videos. Trust me when I tell you that Instagram can be as cool as any other social media site. All you need to do is to follow the guidelines on this site and see how you can be able to create Instagram account.
All your posts on Instagram can be shared publicly or with approved followers. Users can browse other users’ content by tags and locations, and view trending content. Users can also like your posts or photos when you post them online. Now I’m going to show you how you can create Instagram account for yourself and for anyone.
Not only that, Instagram equally allows you to follow some of the celebrities out there and you’ll see live all their activities of each day in their respective destinations. Trust me when you create Instagram account, it offers you the privilege to get in-touch with your favorite celebrity whom you see and cherish only on your TV.
Steps to Create Instagram Account
I’m going to show you the steps both for your computer device or phone devices (iOS and Android), so that you can be able to create an Instagram account successfully.
Setup Instagram with Phone Device
- The first step is to download the Instagram app via this link > Instagram on App Store for iPhone devices. For Android devices, click this link > Instagram on Google Play Store
- Then tap on the app to install it.
- Tap Sign Up with Email or Phone Number or Create a New Account.
- Then enter your email address or phone number which will require a confirmation code.
- After that, tap “Next”.
Note: If you register with your email or phone number, create a username and password > fill out your profile info > then tap “Next.” But if you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
Setup Instagram via Computer Device
- Go to the site via instagram.com and click on Sign Up.
- Then enter your email address.
- After that, create a username and password or click “Log in with Facebook” to sign up with your Facebook account.
If you register with an email, click Sign up. But if you register with a Facebook account, you’ll have to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out. If you sign up with an email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you’ll need to be able to access your email to get back into your Instagram account.
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that’s not already in use. If you want to change your username once you’ve already signed up, you just need to click on “Edit your Profile.”
By default, anyone can see your profile and posts on Instagram. You can make your account private so that only followers you approve can see what you share. If your account is set to private, only your approved followers will see your photos or videos on hashtag or location pages.
Also See: Signup BeNaughty Account
Things you Should Know After Setting-up your Account
- Once you’re done setting up your account, the next thing is for you to search for people to add on your list. You can search for people and hashtags using the search bar at the top of Search & Explore. To search Instagram, tap Search then chooses whether you’re looking for Users or Hashtags. Not only that, but you can also search for people by their name or username.
- To update your profile information, you need to include your username and email address which is linked with your account. In order to do this, go to your profile > Tap Edit Profile > Type in your information and tap “Done or Submit.”
- If someone tried to sign up for an Instagram account using your email address by mistake, you can simply remove your email from the account. But Keep in mind that an email address can only be associated with one Instagram account.
- If you signed up for Instagram with your email address or phone number but you can’t remember your password, you can just reset your password and log into your account.
- If you’ve typed your email address or phone number correctly and see a message that an account with your email address or phone number already exists, then you need to contact Instagram’s Help Center for support.
How to Access your Account
There are some necessary things we’re gonna teach you on this site. This will really help you to be able to manage your account more effectively.
- In order to find people you know on Instagram, you can synchronize your contacts list. In order to do this, Go to your profile and tap Discover People > Next is to tap on “Connect Contacts” > after that, allow access.
- To follow people on Instagram, just Tap “Follow” next to the people you’d like to follow. You can also tap on the Search icon at the bottom of the screen to search for people you’d like to follow.
- If you want to approve or deny followers request on Instagram, you just need to set your account to Private so that anyone who wants to see your photos or videos will have to send you a follower request.To approve a request, tap “Confirm”. To deny a request, just tap “Delete”. If you accidentally deny a follow request, you can ask the person to request to follow you again.
- To unfollow someone on Instagram; Go to the profile of the person you’d like to unfollow > Tap “Following” > then tap “Unfollow” to confirm. Once you’ve unfollowed someone, their profile will say Follow instead of Following. And people won’t be notified when you unfollow them. If your account is set to private, you can simply remove people from your followers list.
- Not only that, you can also block people from your account. When you block someone, the blocked person can’t see your photos or videos or search for your Instagram account. The blocked person isn’t notified when they’re blocked. To block or unblock someone; Tap their username to go to their profile > tap the Option icon at the top right corner > Tap “Block/Unblock” this user > then tap Block/Unblock again to confirm.
- To disconnect your contacts; Go to your profile and tap the Option icon > Tap on “Settings” > Tap Account > then click on Contacts Syncing > after that, tap next to Connect Contacts to turn off contact syncing > finally, click on “Disconnect.”
You need to connect your contact’s list because doing so will enable you to be able to see a list of your contacts that are on Instagram. From there, you can choose contacts to follow. When your contact list is connected, it’s periodically synced and securely stored on our servers. You can delete all your contacts or stop syncing your contacts from Instagram at any time. Keep in mind that if you delete your contacts, new contacts will still be uploaded unless you stop syncing on your device.
Bit on the same vein, you can still choose to disconnect contact syncing and remove your contact list on Instagram. To disconnect contact syncing; Go to your profile and tap on the Option icon > then click on Settings > after that, tap on Account, and then tap Contacts Syncing > finally, tap “Next” to Connect Contacts, and then tap “Disconnect”. If you disconnect contact syncing, the contact info you previously synced will be automatically removed from our systems.
How do I Set My Account to private from the Instagram
I’m gonna show you how you can be able to set your account private using your app on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to your profile, and then tap on the Settings Icon.
- Then click on “Submit.”
- After that click on “Privacy.”
- Go to Account Privacy.
- Finally, click on “Private Account” in order to make your account private.
Set your account to private on your computer or mobile browser
- Go to instagram.com on your computer or mobile browser.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Then click on the Settings icon.
- After that, Click on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Account Privacy and click to check the box next to Private Account..
Note: People will not be notified when you block them. After you block someone, their likes and comments aren’t removed from your photos and videos. You can also choose to delete their comments from your posts.
Read More: How to Create Gmail Account