How to Create New Gmail Account, Login, Inbox, Sign Up, Sign Out, | About Google Mail App
Knowing how to create a Gmail account is quite easier than you think. There are lots of things which you can be able to do with access to a Gmail account. Thinking of sending messages to someone far away from the country? Then you probably need this account to enable you to do this as swiftly as possible. After creating your new account during the signup process, you’ll then be able to choose your account whenever you want to sign in. So, therefore, we’re going to show you how you’re going to create a Gmail account without the help of someone.
Gmail is a free email service which is been developed by Google. This enables users to gain access to the web using third-party programs that synchronizes email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Another interesting fact about Gmail is that Users nowadays can receive emails up to 50mb of storage, including attachments, while they can send emails up to 25mb of size. But in order to send these large files, you’ll have to insert files from Google Drive into the message.
Google’s mail servers automatically scan emails for multiple purposes, including to filter spam and malware, and to add context-sensitive advertisements next to emails. The Gmail user interface initially differed from other webmail systems with its focus on search and conversation threading of emails, grouping several messages between two or more people into a single page.
Otherwise, Google tends to combat child pornography with the use of Gmail’s servers in conjunction with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC). The reason for this is to tackle the case of children suffering from abuse around the world. In collaboration with this agency, Google creates a database of child pornography pictures. Each one of the images is given a unique numerical number known as “Hash.” When suspicious images are located after scanning of unique hashes, Google then reports the incident to the appropriate national authorities.
Steps on How to Create Gmail Account
In order to successfully create a Gmail account, you need to put some things in place. Information like date of birth, gender, mobile number, and location must be put in place as they’re deemed necessary in order to sign up successfully. Now below are the step-by-step method for you to create your Gmail account:
- The first step you’ll need to embark on is to visit the official site at www.gmail.com .
- A new page will open where you’ll have to click on “Create Account.”
- After that, the signup page will then open where you’ll need to enter your relevant details. You’ll have to enter your first and last names, choose a username you want to use, then select a strong password and click “Next.” You’ll have to note that while choosing a username just make sure that it has not been taken already although you’ll be notified if the username you chose has already been taken. If you can’t find a username for yourself you don’t need to worry because an alternative username will be provided for you. Whereas for the password, make use of upper and lowercase letters in addition to numbers. The reason for this is so that it cannot be easily hacked.
- The next step for you is where you’ll enter your phone number which needs to be verified. Once you’ve done that click “Next.”
- A verification code that comprises of six-digit numbers will be sent to the phone number you provided. Enter that code in the field provided and then click on “Verify.”
- The next page that will open is where you’ll have to enter your Bio-data which comprises your date/month/year of birth and then your gender. Then click “Next” if you’re through with that.
- The next page comes with Google’s Terms and Privacy. Go through this and click on “I agree.”
- Finally, the next page that’ll open will be your dashboard showing that your account has been successfully created.
Now you can see how easy it can be!
Now that your account is all but set, you can easily log into the account anytime and anywhere. In order to do so, it’s either you go to the website @ www.gmail.com or you go directly to your phone and locate the Gmail app there. In order to sign in, just type your username and password and then click “Next.” If you still want to sign out, just scroll down and click on “Sign out” and you’ll be logged out immediately.
Read Also: Google Hangouts Login
Some Basic Features of Gmail
How to Create New Gmail Account, Login, Inbox, Sign Up, Sign Out, | About Google Mail App.
The first major thing is to add your contacts. In order to do this, click on the “Google apps” button > click on the “Contacts” button in the drop-down menu > click the “Add new contact” button in the lower right corner > enter the contact information and then click “Save”. In the same vein, if you can equally edit a contact on your list if you want to. To do this, go to the Google apps drop-down menu and then click on “Contacts” > locate the contact you want to edit and then click “Edit Contact” Now you can make the changes you want to make on the contact you’ve selected.
Another feature is when you want to make adjustments to your Gmail’s appearance. For instance, you can decide to create a signature or vacation reply, edit your labels, or change the theme. All you need to do is to go to your mail settings and make these changes. To access your mail settings, just click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the page > then select “Settings” > after that, you can then select any category from the list been provided for you at the top corner and then start editing your settings.
One other thing you need to note is that if you have a contact list from another email address and you’re finding it difficult to re-enter all of the necessary information manually, Google allows you to import your contacts from another email account and even all your email messages from that same account.
You can equally add other accounts in the same account if you want to. To do this, you just need to click on the gear icon at the top right corner of the page and then click “Settings” > Go to “Accounts” and click “Add a Mail Account” > after that, then follow the necessary instructions been provided for you in order to import your mail.
What About Computer Users?
For computer device users most especially for Windows 8 and Windows 10, the mail app needs to be launched before you access your account. This Mail app supports all popular webmail services like Outlook.com, Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo mail.
If you have a Gmail account and would like to add your account to the Mail app, follow the steps given below.
The first thing you need to do is to go to the Start Menu and then click on the “Mail App” in order to launch the app > From there you can see the previous account(s) which you have previously installed and added to the Windows > Since you want to add a new account, move your cursor to the top right corner of the screen to view the System Commands > Click on “Settings” to view the settings for the Mail App > Then click on “Accounts” > after that, click “Add an Account” > You’ll see lots of options like add Gmail, add Hotmail, add Yahoo mail, or Exchange accounts > Since you want to add Gmail, click on “Google” > You’ll have to enter your email address and Password > once you’re done with that, click on “Connect” to sync the account, and that’s it! After a while, your emails will start popping in for you.
Unlike some other versions of Microsoft’s various email programs, Mail in Windows 10 does not require you to enable IMAP or POP within Gmail itself.
This site has prepared for you the proper guide on how you can set up your Gmail email address in the Windows 10 Mail app.
- First, you need to click the Windows 10 Start Button and select “All Apps.”
- Scroll down the list and select “Mail.”
- A welcome screen will pop up and you have to click “Get started.”
- After that, you’ll then have to click on the “+ Add account” button.
- Then you’ll see the Choose an Account screen. You need to select “Google.”
- You’ll see a window “Connecting to a service” which will display a Google login window. Enter your Gmail address and then click “Next.”
- Then enter your Gmail password and select “Sign in.”
- After that, click “Allow.”
- Next thing is to click “Done.”
- Once you’re through with that, a new button “Ready to go” will open, click on it. Now your Gmail is all but ready to use. You can now start sending and receiving messages.
Was that helpful? You can use the box below for your comment. Thanks.
Read More: Things You Should Know About Facebook Jail