Table of Contents
Things You Didn’t Know About Corey La Barrie | Cause Of Death, death video, net worth, Car accident, daniel Seavey, death video
YouTube star, Corey La Barrie tragically died after getting into a car accident with his friend on May 10, brother Jarrad Labarrie confirmed. Before his death, there are still interesting facts you need to know about Corey La Barrie. La Barrie was originally from Adelaide, Australia but moved to Los Angeles after building a successful career as a comedic social media influencer. Before his death, Corey La Barrie started his YouTube account in 2018, and has more than 335,000 subscribers over the years, and collaborated with tons of other YouTubers. He has a YouTube channel with Crawford Collins called “Corey & Crawford” which has a total number of 104,000 subscribers.
Prosecutors are accusing Daniel Silva, 26, of allegedly driving and crashing his McLaren sports car on May 10, killing Corey James Labarrie. Following his arrest, the tattoo artist has now been charged with murder for the death of an unnamed passenger and faces one count of murder, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office announced on May 19. If convicted, he could face a “possible maximum sentence of 15 years to life in state prison.” So, therefore, we’ll be detailing you in this article on things you should know about Corey La Barrie.
La Barrie’s family confirmed his sudden passing on social media and also accused Silva of being drunk behind the wheel and responsible for his death. Ever since the incident, The YouTube community is in mourning after losing Corey La Barrie. The beloved star sadly passed away in a car accident on his 25th birthday, brother Jarrad confirmed on IG. Currently, the US media reports that police are investigating the actual cause of the car crash before making a final statement. Now, read further below to see everything you need to know about Corey La Barrie before and after his death.
24 Things You Didn’t Know About Corey La Barrie
Everything you need to know about Corey La Barrie with respect to her personality and as well as all that surfaced upon his death has been properly highlighted for you below:
- La Barrie was originally from Adelaide, Australia.
- His mother’s name is Lisa Burton, and he had a younger brother named Jerrad and a younger sister named Jessica.
- He was a gifted tennis star, and played on the tennis court in high school and college, and lettered in tennis at San Clemente High School in San Clemente, California, going 32-4 in singles, and becoming a two-time division champion. He continued that excellence while playing for the Gauchos at Saddleback College.
- Corey and his friends dubbed the home in Los Angeles “C4”. His roommates were Influencers JC Caylen, Crawford Collins, and Chelsey Amaro. The four, of course, made a separate Instagram account. Most of the recent content has been quarantine-related, as the roommates are all on lockdown together amid the COVID-19 crisis.
What’s Does He Do?
- He moved to Los Angeles after building a successful career as a comedic social media influencer.
- He runs a YouTube channel with Crawford Collins called Corey & Crawford which has 104,000 subscribers.
- Corey La Barrie started his hyper-successful YouTube account in 2018, and has amassed 335,000 subscribers over the years, and collaborated with tons of other YouTubers.
- One of his most popular videos showed him and friends pranking David Dobrik by putting a wheel lock on his beloved Tesla. From there, he launched two more immensely popular YouTube channels, including the Labarre Brothers, with Jarrad.
- His last YouTube video was titled “Deleting This Video In 24 Hours…” Corey posted a special video on May 9, telling fans that he was going live on Twitch the next day in honor of his 25th birthday. The comments section is now flooded with loving tributes from his followers.
- He started another YouTube page with Crawford. It’s named — what else? — Corey & Crawford. The page launched nine months prior to Corey’s death and was filled with funny prank videos, tutorials, and challenges.
- La Barrie had uploaded his final video on Saturday, May 9 talking about his upcoming birthday plans, and at 1 pm PST he live-streamed celebrating with his roommates.
- In his final tweet; Corey La Barrie’s last tweet was thanking his followers for the birthday wishes before he took off with Silver in a sports car. His final tweet said: ‘Thank you for the birthday wishes love you guys! And if you have the intro to my stream how did you like it?’
About His Death
YouTube star Corey La Barrietragically died after getting into a car accident with his friend on May 10, brother Jarrad Labarrie confirmed. It was his 25th birthday. On Sunday La Barrie and Silva were both driving around in a McLaren sports car on La Barrie’s birthday in Los Angeles when they crashed into a street sign and a tree.
Both were transported to a hospital following the accident. Silva is reportedly still being treated for a broken hip but will either be arrested for murder there or once he’s discharged.
Witnesses reportedly told police that Silva and La Barrie had both attended a party earlier that night to celebrate La Barrie’s birthday. According to sources, Silva, 26, was allegedly in the driver’s seat and did not suffer life-threatening injuries in the wreck. Witnesses say he had been drinking prior to getting in the vehicle. Also, the sports car was believed to be going at a high rate of speed before the devastating crash.
Silva, who rose to fame on the show Ink Master where tattoo artists show off their talent and compete for a grand prize, appeared in season 10 of the show which aired 2018. He is reportedly in the hospital suffering a broken hip following the car crash.
Also read: Los Angeles Times | 40 Things You Didn’t Know About LA Times
There Has Been Lots of Tributes to Corey
Tributes poured in for La Barrie on Monday following news of his death. His half younger brother, Jerrad gave a heartbroken tribute message on behalf of the entire family after confirming the incident on social media.
- La Barrie’s family accused Silva of being drunk behind the wheel and responsible for his death. According to Jerrad (his half younger brother) “My brother Corey passed away last night in a car accident with his drunk friend driving… this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I don’t how I’m supposed to do this without you”.
- Also, Jerrad, who has a YouTube channel with Corey, penned a heartbreaking tribute on Instagram: “This isn’t something I thought I would ever have to sit here and type out for a very long time or what i wanna do right now but everyone deserves to know, my brother Corey passed away last night in a car accident with his drunk friend driving… this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.
- Jerrad also added; “I miss you so much already, this isn’t fair. Thank you for always being the best big brother I could ask for I love you so f***ing much life’s never gonna be the same without you R.I.P. P.S say hi to grandad and grandma for me. I love you”. Jarrad included one of Corey’s selfies in the post, which shows him with messy hair and wearing an Adidas hoodie. He tagged Corey in the post, as well. In the wake of Corey’s passing, learn more about the YouTuber, and his life:
- His mom, Lissa Burton also paid her tribute; “My heart breaks right now, on my son’s 25th birthday today. He was very drunk and got into a car with a drunk diver. The accident killed him instantly. No words can describe the sadness I feel in loosening a child.” It just feels so unreal and I’m overwhelmed with grief. I love you so much Corey and will miss you so so much. It’s just so unfair,’ she shared on Instagram.
Aside from his family, tributes have also poured in on social media for the Youtube figure from his beloved YouTube fans and fellow YouTube stars online:
- “I don’t know what to say. Corey was only 25 years old. He didn’t deserve to die. Corey was the 4th Seavey boy. You be dearly missed Corey,” one fan tweeted Monday.
- “Corey i truly hope you know how many of us you’ve had an impact on. Thank you for always making us laugh, we love you forever,” another added.
- “i’m crying so much. i love you & im sorry you were taken too soon,” one Twitter fan wrote.
- “When i opened twitter and saw ‘rip corey’, i assumed you had too much fun on your birthday. then i saw your mom’s post, and my heart shattered. i instantly broke down into sobs. i feel as though i just lost my best friend. life is such a precious thing, and it can be taken away in an instant. we love you corey. rest easy,” another fan wrote.
- Brennan Taylor wrote; “My heart is so heavy right now. Corey was such a happy go lucky guy…can’t believe how fast life can change. Prayers for his family, loved ones, and his fans. I am devastated. I’ll remember the laughs forever. Please Cherish everyday because everyday is not promised,” she concluded.
- Singer Rebecca Black also tweeted; “Oh God…this makes me incredibly sad. Corey La Barrie was always kind and knew how to lift people up. Always brightened my day when I saw him. His friends really loved him so much, and i am so sorry to them, his family, and his supporters”.
Also read: 60 Things You Didn’t Know About Rebel Wilson