Table of Contents
Christine Taylor| 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Christine Taylor
In this article, we’ll be detailing you on a lot of things you need to know about Christine Taylor. Whether you think you know few things about her, or probably maybe you don’t even know at all, then you’re on the right site because we’ll be covering lots of things you should know about Christine Taylor here. Born on the 30th of July, 1971, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA, Christine Joan Taylor Stiller is an American actress. She is well known for playing major roles in the Hollywood movie industry. So if you’re the movie type, you must have come across some of these movies if not all. Although, not everyone knows her by the name “Christine Taylor,” but she’s still recognized by lots of people as Marcia Brady from the Brady Bunch Movie she did. Now read further below in order to know about Christine Taylor.
In the 90s; Taylor began her acting career in 1989 on the Nickelodeon children’s television series “Hey Dude” where she played the lifeguard Melody Hanson. She continued in that role while making various guest appearances on other programs. Taylor was cast as Marcia Brady in “The Brady Bunch Movie” and later in “A Very Brady Sequel”. Following The Brady Bunch Movie, Taylor made several comedic guest appearances on the TV series “Ellen,” landing the lead role in the television series “Party Girl,” based on the 1995 film of the same name, and more guest appearances on “Seinfeld” and “Friends”. She played the racist school bully Laura Lizzie in the horror film “The Craft,” and also played Drew Barrymore’s cousin, Holly Sullivan, in the comedy “The Wedding Singer”.
Coming down to the 20th century; she starred alongside her then husband Ben Stiller in “Zoolander”. Later, she made television appearances as a guest star, in two episodes of “Arrested Development” as “Sally Sitwell” and, in an episode of NBC’s “My Name Is Earl”. Other notable movies that she appeared with Mandy Moore are “Dedication” and “License to Wed”. Taylor also starred in “Hannah Montana Forever”. She also starred in the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie “Farewell Mr. Kringle”. Taylor reprised her role as Sally Sitwell in two episodes of the revived “Arrested Development”. Taylor starred on “Elementary,” playing villainess Gail Lundquist. She equally stared in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Tropic Thunder and Zoolander 2.
ALso read: Ifu Ennada Biography | Age|Birthday
All You Need to Know About Christine Taylor
Now, we’ll be detailing you in bits prior to Taylor’s background or early life, her personality and her career as an actress. So, therefore, below consists of things you need to know about Christine Taylor.
Background and Early Life of Christine Taylor
- Taylor was born on July 30, 1971, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to Joan, a homemaker, and Albert E. “Skip” Taylor III, who owns a security company.
- She grew up in neighboring Wescosville, Pennsylvania. She has one brother. Taylor was raised Roman Catholic and attended Allentown Central Catholic High School.
- Taylor married actor Ben Stiller on May 13, 2000, who she met while making the TV show Heat Vision and Jack. Stiller and Taylor appeared together in the films Zoolander, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Tropic Thunder and Zoolander 2 and in the TV series Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- They lived in Westchester County, New York, and both have a daughter and a son.
- After 17 years of marriage, Stiller and Taylor separated in 2017. They were married her husband in 2000 and spent a lot of good years together, but something just drove them apart after a while and despite all the good times they decided to split and did so more amicably than many couples that have parted ways.
- Both of she and Stiller are still friends, cos they’re able to get along with each other and agree that their kids are the main focus of their lives. This is kind of nice to see since in a lot of divorces too many couples seem to feel the need to drag the kids through the muck with them as bargaining chips. These two are doing it right however and it’s quite nice to take note of.
Also read: 60 Things You Didn’t Know About Rebel Wilson
Now Let’s Take a Look at Her Personality
Chances are you’ve likely seen Christine Taylor in a lot of places since she’s been around for a while and has made herself known quite often in movies and in TV. Throughout her career so far she’s been the kind of person that loves what she does but isn’t really out to impress people as this isn’t her primary goal. Be that as it may she’s still able to turn heads and make people stand up and take notice of her as she tends to play very strong-willed roles that make it obvious that she’s one of the more intelligent people in the movie or show that she happens to be starring in.
Below are all you need to know about Taylor’s personality:
- She loves to play tennis and had lofty aspirations to become a tennis player. But then her brother told her that she wasn’t all that good and it kind of deflated her hopes just a bit. There’s nothing like a sibling to bring you down to reality.
- Christine Taylor isn’t much into the club scene. This depicts her character for not impressing people in a club is how anyone gets noticed and doesn’t get ostracized by the crowd. It’s a lot of work to go into a club and get noticed by people.
- Both she and her former husband are vegans. It doesn’t sound as though she’s an activist but she did switch to veganism for her health, as did her ex. There’s enough to be said about a vegan lifestyle that makes it appealing to some people, thought of course a lot of people don’t understand it and therefore feel the need to call it odd or unconventional.
- In terms of TV this is true since she’s been around for a few episodes on a lot of shows and then moved on. It would almost seem as though she used the TV appearances as a way to boost her career a bit before finding working on another movie set. It’s a smart move really since it would keep a person relevant enough.
- A lot of people still recognize her as Marcia Brady from the Brady Bunch Movie. It’s almost as though a lot of people believe that she was the original Marcia, though of course a lot of us know better.
- Currently, her net worth is put at around $10 million. Yeah, that’s so cool! She’s worth quite a bit it would seem and while it could come from her career it also seems to indicate that she’s got a bit of business savvy to her as well. Something has made her worth this much after all and it doesn’t seem like acting would account for all of it.
Also read: 20 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT NICK CORDERO
About Her Career
- Taylor began her acting career in 1989 on the Nickelodeon children’s television series Hey Dude where she played the lifeguard Melody Hanson. She was younger as of then, and managed to stick in there long enough to boost her career so that she would have something to move on with when she finally did. She continued in that role through 1991 while making various guest appearances on other programs.
- In 1995, Taylor was cast as Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie and later in A Very Brady Sequel.
- Following The Brady Bunch Movie, Taylor made several comedic guest appearances on the TV series Ellen, landing the lead role in the television series Party Girl, based on the 1995 film of the same name, and more guest appearances on Seinfeld and Friends.
- She played the racist school bully Laura Lizzie in the 1996 horror film The Craft.
- She also played Drew Barrymore’s cousin, Holly Sullivan, in the 1998 comedy The Wedding Singer.
- In 2001, she starred alongside her then husband Ben Stiller in Zoolander.
- Later, she made television appearances as a guest star, in 2005, in two episodes of Arrested Development as “Sally Sitwell”.
- In 2006, she also did a guest star in one episode of “My Name is Earl”. This was kind of a funny episode since Earl thought he’d found the woman of his dreams in Christine’s character, but karma had other plans as a swarm of bees started to attack Earl left and right, forcing him to run away from her without a word. Unfortunately when he came back to explain he found that the bees had turned on her the moment he left. It just wasn’t meant to be unfortunately.
- In July 2006, Taylor’s ex-husband Ben Stiller announced plans to direct a CBS sitcom starring Taylor, but the series never aired. She has appeared with Mandy Moore in both Dedication and License to Wed.
- In 2010, Taylor guest starred in Hannah Montana Forever.
- She also starred in the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie Farewell Mr. Kringle in 2010.
- In 2013, Taylor reprised her role as Sally Sitwell in two episodes of the revived Arrested Development.
- Taylor guest starred on Elementary in 2017, playing villainess Gail Lundquist.