How To Block Websites On Chrome Permanently On PC And Mobile | Block Websites On Chrome
How To Block Websites On Chrome Permanently On PC And Mobile is a practice you may want to do for so many reasons. Some websites can be harmful to your system as well as your child at home or school. Such websites it’s advised to filter from the reach of your kids in other to ensure safe custody of them.
The reason why you should block a website on chrome permanently on PC and Mobile
- To protect your children: child protection is the primary purpose of parents and schools. There are millions of websites online with different content made available for the consumption of different users of different ages. The jet age has exposed our kids to a high risk of getting corrupt by visiting websites. to protect your kids from such an unhealthy website, you will need to block all websites with any negative content. For parents, knowing how to block websites, can be an important piece of keeping your kids safe online. The Internet is packed with websites that end up being highly inappropriate for kids even when they seem innocent, to begin with. Blocking these websites is the first place many parents and schools start in an effort to make the Internet safer for kids.
- Protect your Pc from the virus: Virus has been defined as unwanted programmed injected to your PC that makes it malfunction and behave in abnormal ways. Some website contains this virus, which is transferred to your PC or mobile phones and malfunctions it. For this reason, you will have to protect your device by blocking such a website to save your PC from damage.
- Protect your information: For most of us who uses our personal computer as a backup to our vital information which when lost to the hand of the wrong users will cause big havoc to there person or the society at large. Most of the information thief operates using the internet through the means of website to convey a virus that is capable of stealing information from your PC or mobile device and sending it to the. Such websites when suspected should be blocked permanently from being accessed by your PC or network.
How To Block Websites On Chrome Permanently On PC And Mobile
To save yourself time, you can play the video below and learn how to block a website on any browser of your choice. If you prefer reading through, you can proceed below.
Block any website on chrome is easy and can only take a few minutes to do, choose from the steps to block any site your deemed illicit to your pc.
How to Block Any Website On Browser Level
Blocking a website on any browser is the easiest way to get the job done.
BlockSite is also available on Google Chrome.
Internet Explorer lets you block websites easily. Here’s how.
- Open the browser and go to Tools (alt+x) > Internet Options. Now click the Security tab and then click the red Restricted sites icon. Click the Sites button below the icon.
- Now in the pop-up, manually type the websites you want to block one-by-one. Click Add after typing the name of each site. When done, click Close and click OK in all other windows. Now, these websites will be blocked in Internet Explorer.
On Firefox, you can install an addon called BlockSite to block the website.
- Install the addon, press ctrl+shift+a, and click Extensions on the left. Now click Options under BlockSite. In the pop-up, click Add and type the name of the website you want blocked. Repeat the process for all websites you don’t want to access. Click OK.
- Now, these websites will be blocked on Firefox. You can also set a password in BlockSite to prevent others from editing the list of blocked websites. This can be done via the options menu described in the previous step.
On your phone or tablet
How to Block Any Website On Your iPhone and iPad
Apple has some handy parental control tools that let you block certain websites. Here’s how.
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Tap on Enable Restrictions. Now set a passcode for restrictions. This should ideally be different from the passcode you use to unlock the phone.
- After the passcode is set, scroll down and tap Websites. Here you can either choose to limit adult content or allow access to specific websites only.
- In specific websites only, there’s a short list of allowed websites including Discovery Kids and Disney, but you can also add sites by tapping on Add a Website.
- If you tap Limit adult content, Apple blocks websites that are deemed objectionable, but you can whitelist websites by tapping on Add a Website under Always Allow, or blacklist them by tapping on it under Never Allow.
- If you try to access a blocked website, you see a message telling you it is restricted. Tap the Allow Website and key in the Restrictions passcode to open that website.
How to Block Any Website On Your Mac
Here’s how to block websites on OS X .
- 1. Make sure you have administrator access to your Mac. Now open Terminal. You can find it under /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
- 2. Type sudo nano /etc/hosts and press enter. Enter the user (login) password when prompted.
- 3. This will open the file /etc/hosts in a text editor. Type the name of the website in a new line in this format “127.0.0.1 www.blockedwebsite.com” (minus the quotes). For each website you want to block, start a new line and type the same command with only the name of the website being replaced. When done, press ctrl+x and then Y to save changes.
- 4. Now key in the command sudo dscacheutil -flushcache and press Enter or restart your machine to make sure the websites are blocked.
How to Block Any Website On Your Network
If you have a household Wi-Fi network, then setting up a block on unwanted websites via your Wi-Fi router is simpler. Most routers don’t have really user-friendly interfaces, so it can be a little overwhelming, and the steps will differ with each router, of course, but the basic procedure you follow is very similar, so if you’re just a little careful, it’s pretty simple actually.
Changing the wrong setting could accidentally de-activate your connection, so if you get stuck, call your ISP right away.
- We tried this on a Beetel 450TC1 router provided by MTNL in Delhi, and with a Binatone Router provided by Airtel. The steps were exactly the same for both. To start, you need to go to your router’s settings. Open any browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Press Enter. Some routers use a different address, so if this doesn’t work, check and see if it is mentioned in the documentation from your ISP.
- Now you will have to enter a username and password. This would have been set up during the installation of your connection – defaults are usually username: admin, and password: password. If not, check with your ISP and get the correct username and password.
- As mentioned earlier, the interface can differ. In our MTNL router, we found that we could block websites under Access Management > Filter.
- Here there’s a drop-down menu called Filter type selection. We selected URL Filter and typed the website we wanted to block in the URL field below. Above this field, there is an option called Active. Here we saw two buttons, Yes and No. We selected Yes and hit Save. This blocked the website on our network.
- You can create 16 lists of blocked websites, each containing 16 websites, using this method, letting you block up to 256 websites. Again, this will vary from router or router.
How to Block Websites With Parental Controls
The Block Site extension works fine—for yourself. But you can’t effectively use it to block access to websites for your children.
Many Wi-Fi routers have built-in website-blocking features, and that will work much better than this Chrome extension. If your router has such a feature, you can tell your router to block a website, and no one on your Wi-Fi network will be able to access it. People could still use VPN or proxies to get around the blacklist, of course—nothing is foolproof.
You might also want to examine parental control software that runs on your computer itself. In addition to third-party parental control software, your operating system contains some useful tools.
The Family features in Windows 10 will let you block websites for a child account. On a Mac, the Screen Time feature added in macOS Catalina will let you restrict access to sites. On a Chromebook, you can use Family Link to control which websites a child’s account can visit.
learning how to Block bad websites is an important skill every computer user should be conversant with because it saves you a whole lot and protects your system from external attacks that may come from viruses sent by the bad guys to steal, kill and destroy your pc.
If you find this post helpful, please subscribe.