Table of Contents
You’ve been using Gmail for a while now and all of a sudden you’ve grown tired of some contacts sending you lots of trash that you’re not interested in. And probably you don’t actually know what to do to the person cos the stuff continues, then you should know how to block the person. Due to those challenges you’re facing, this site has prepared for you guidelines on how you can block and unblock user on Gmail account.
Gmail, otherwise known as Google Mail has grown to be the leading email address with lots of people signing up on the platform. Unlike some other platforms, Gmail is so much more popular compared to others. When you make a requirement for someone to open an email address, the first thing that will pop into the person’s mind is Gmail account. So this shows how popular the site has grown around the world. So, therefore, we want to teach you something important on Gmail (How to block and unblock user on Gmail).
One thing you should know is that once you block someone on your Gmail account, all messages from their addresses will automatically be moved in your Spam folder. But one trickery thing there is that the user will not be able to know that he/she has been blocked by you. So therefore, if you want to block the person temporarily, you can still unblock him/her. So all you need is to follow this article sequentially so you can be able to know how to block and unblock user on Gmail.
Guidelines to Block and Unblock User on Gmail
Follow the step-by-step procedure provided for you below to block and unblock user on Gmail
To Block Someone
- The first thing you need to do is to open the email message from that user.
- Click on Three Vertical Options button located next to the Reply button on the message.
- After that, click on “Block” with the user’s name inclusive.
- A pop up window will then appear. Just click the “Block” button again to confirm.
To Unblock the User
- The first thing to do is to go to the Gmail Settings icon.
- Then click on the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” tab.
- After that, you’ll have to scroll down the list so to locate the user or users you want to unblock.
- Then click the Unblock link.
- After that, a pop up window will then appear.
- Click the “Unblock” button to confirm.
Now that’s how easy it is!
One thing you need to know is that you can as well block and unblock all emails from a domain if you want to. And you can as well create a rule that will delete incoming mails from that domain. The reason for this is just for you not to be wasting your time adding that domain from your blocked list one after the other.
Read More: How to Logout of Email on iPhone
How to Block All Mails from a Domain
- The first thing you need to do is to go to your Gmail Settings icon.
- Click on the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Then click on “Create a New Filter.”
- After that, a new window will pop up where you’ll have to enter your filter information. Just enter the domain in the field provided.
- Then click on “Create Filter with this Search.”
- You’ll see list of options available for you. Tap on “Delete it.”
- After that, click on “Create Filter.”
There’s also a shortcut to be followed to perform this task:
Open your Gmail > tap the Checkbox located next to the email you want > then click “More” > then select Filter Messages like these > then enter your filter criteria > after that, click on “Create Filter” and you’re done.
Performing the above task will move all these type of mails to Trash. This will even give you the opportunity to go to the Trash and know if you’ve mistakenly put any important mail there on the process.
One other thing you need to know is that when you create rules for unwanted emails, it can only reflect on new incoming mails without touching the old ones. But if you want it to affect the old ones, then you need to click on “Also Apply Filter to X Matching Conversations”.
How to Unblock All Mails from a Domain
- As usual, you need to go to your Gmail.
- Then locate your Settings icon.
- Select the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Then select the Filter in the list provided for you.
- After that, click on “Delete.”
And now that’s it from here!
Now what if your mails are full of shits with lots of crazy mails and you’re tired of it. Probably, you just feel like the account is useless to you and you just want to delete it and start afresh. Then we’ll show you how you can be able to delete your Gmail account and equally how to create a new one.
Delete your Current Gmail Account
- What you need to do at first is to log into your Gmail account.
- Then click on “Settings” located at the top of the screen.
- Select “Accounts” and then click on “Google Account Settings.”
- After that, click on the “Edit” option located next to My Products.
- Then select “Remove Gmail Permanently.”
- Click the check box written “Are you sure you want to permanently delete @gmail.com?”
- Finally, enter your current password and click on “Remove Gmail.”
With the steps above, you’ve successfully deleted your Google mail account.
Now you’ve deleted the unwanted email address and you’re now free. The next in line for you is to create a new one, add useful contacts, and then start sending mails all over again just like before.
To Create a New Account
- The first step you’ll need to embark on is to visit the official site @ www.gmail.com.
- A new page will open where you’ll have to click on “Create Account.”
- After that, the signup page will then open where you’ll need to enter your relevant details. You’ll have to enter your first and last names, choose a username you want to use, then select a strong password and click “Next.” You’ll have to note that while choosing a username just make sure that it has not been taken already although you’ll be notified if the username you chose has already been taken. If you can’t find a username for yourself you don’t need to worry because an alternative username will be provided for you. Whereas for the password, make use of upper and lowercase letters in addition with numbers. The reason for this is so that it cannot be easily hacked.
- The next step for you is where you’ll enter your phone number which needs to be verified. Once you’ve done that click “Next.”
- A verification code that comprises of six-digit numbers will be sent to that phone number you provided. Enter that code in the field provided and then click on “Verify.”
- The next page that will open is where you’ll have to enter your Bio-data which comprises of your date/month/year of birth and then your gender. Click “Next” if you’re through with that.
- The next page comes with Google’s Terms and Privacy. Go through this and click on “I agree.”
- Finally, the next page that’ll open will be your dashboard showing that your account has been successfully created.
And now you’re just set for a new beginning!
Start Adding fresh Contacts
The first major thing is to add your contacts to your email address. In order to do this, follow the steps below:
- First of all, just click on the “Google apps” button.
- Then click on the “Contacts” button in the drop down menu.
- Click the “Add new contact” button in the lower right corner.
- Enter the contact information and then click “Save”.
If you still want to edit a contact on your list, it’s just easy. To do this, go to the Google apps drop-down menu and then click on “Contacts” > locate the contact you want to edit and then click “Edit Contact” Now you can make the changes you want to make on the contact you’ve selected.
One other thing you need to note is that if you have a contact list from another email address and you’re finding it difficult to re-enter all of the necessary information manually, Google allows you to import your contacts from another email account and even all your email messages from that same account.
You can equally add other accounts in the same account if you want to. To do this, you just need to click on the gear icon at the top right corner of the page and then click “Settings” > Go to “Accounts” and click “Add a Mail Account” > after that, then follow the necessary instructions been provided for you in order to import your mail.
Yeah! Now you have new fresh contacts that will not bug you with crazy mails. It’s now left for you to determine who to share your email address to for incoming mails.
Was this helpful? You can simply drop your comment in the box below.