In this article, we’ll be discussing things you don’t know about the Bitmoji app and what you can do with it. What is Bitmoji? It is an app that lets you create your own cartoon avatar or emoji. There are some certain things you can do with bitmoji like; setting your android Bitmoji keyboard, sending of Bitmoji stickers, setting up bitmoji on your Snapchat, etc. If you want to know about the Bitmoji app, this article will give you a proper guideline.
The Bitmoji app is available on iTunes for Apple Inc. devices and in the Google Play for Android devices. Users can use their Bitmoji avatar in Snapchat or any chat app. Bitmoji is also available as a Google Chrome extension. The extension allows users to insert Bitmojis into Gmail, Facebook Messenger, Slack, and other communication sites. Now read further below in order to still know about the Bitmoji app and how to use it.
More About the Bitmoji App
Below consists of highlight about the Bitmoji app and how to use it:
Set Up Android Bitmoji Keyboard
The Bitmoji Keyboard is the easiest way to share Bitmoji stickers on Android. Typing keyboard with keywords on top and Bitmoji sticker suggestions based on what the user is typing. With this, you can receive sticker suggestions as you type and communicate, browse the entire Bitmoji sticker library by category, easily insert emojis without switching keyboards, and to send animated Bitmoji stickers.
To setup Android Bitmoji keyboard, follow the steps below:
- Install the latest version of Bitmoji on your phone and sign up or log in.
- Tap the Gear icon in the top-right corner and choose ‘Keyboard Setup.’
- Follow the instructions to enable Bitmoji Keyboard and set it as your primary input method.
- the keyboard set up is highlighted, it is the second option from the top of the screen > the first screen with the keyboard set up instructions > the continue set up button found at the bottom of the screen is highlighted
If you don’t see this option you can add it manually by following these steps:
- Install Bitmoji on your phone and sign up or log in.
- Navigate to your device Settings.
- Tap on Languages and input > Virtual or On-screen keyboard.
- Tap on Manage keyboards then toggle Bitmoji Keyboard.
Note: If you have Gboard installed on your phone, you won’t be able to see ‘Keyboard Setup’ from Settings. You may need to uninstall Gboard in order to access the Bitmoji Keyboard.
To Set Bitmoji as your default keyboard in Android
For Android Phone, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings >> Advanced or Additional Settings >> Language & Input >> Manage Keyboards >> Flip on the Bitmoji Keyboard.
- Then go back to Language & Input and tap on the Current Keyboard. Tapping on the Current Keyboard will open a list of keyboards available. Select Bitmoji Keyboard.
For iPhone device, follow the steps below:
- Go to General >> Keyboard >> Keyboards >> Add New Keyboard >> Third Party Keyboards
- Under Third Party Keyboards, select Bitmoji.
- Then tap on Bitmoji again and grant it the necessary permissions and you are done.
To Send Bitmoji Stickers
- Open the Bitmoji app
- Then Tap on the Bitmoji you would like to send
- Scroll through the pop-up window and tap a messaging app
- After that, select a recipient and send
How to Send Bitmoji from iOS keyboard
- Install Bitmoji on your phone and sign up or log in
- In the Bitmoji app, tap the Globe icon at the bottom of the screen to access the Keyboard tab
- layout for sending stickers from the iOS app, arrows indicate to scroll left or right to access all apps, scroll up or down for additional image options
- Then follow the necessary instructions to set up your Bitmoji Keyboard.
If you don’t see the Keyboard tab, you can set up the Bitmoji Keyboard manually by following the steps below:
- Go to your device’s Settings
- Go to General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard > Bitmoji
- Tap Bitmoji from the keyboard list and turn on ‘Allow Full Access’
- In a messaging app, tap on the circle Globe icon on the bottom to open Bitmoji Keyboard
- Tap on any Bitmoji to copy it, and then paste into any chat message
Note: You can also send Friendmoji stickers in the Bitmoji iOS Keyboard if you’re logged into Bitmoji with Snapchat.
To Setup Bitmoji App on Snapchat Using Android or iPhone Device
Setting up Bitmoji on Snapchat is exactly the same irrespective of whether you are using an Android phone or an iPhone.
- The first thing is to download and install Bitmoji on your phone. But if you already have both Bitmoji and Snapchat installed, make sure to update the apps to the latest version so as not to encounter any compatibility issues.
- Once you install it, register and sign in. You will have to create an account. Use ‘Sign up with email.’
- Once you register, you will be asked to take a selfie and Bitmoji will create a cartoon character with the same.
- After that, customize the cartoon character as you wish. You can add a hairstyle, you can add skin tone, choose a dress, and more.
- Once you are done customizing your cartoon character, save it and the app will now create dozens of stickers with the character.
If you login to your Snapchat, the Bitmoj app will start with the camera on.
- Click on the profile icon you see on the top left corner of the screen. It is a circular icon
- Then tap on the icon and your profile will show up.
- On the page, you will see an option (towards the bottom) which reads, ‘Create my Bitmoji.’ Tap on it
- On the next screen, you will see the option ‘Connect Bitmoji to Snapchat?’.
- Tap on the button which reads ‘Agree & Connect.’ This will link your Bitmoji account with the Snapchat account.
- Hit the back button on the screen and then look at the profile icon you see on the top left of the screen. You can see your Bitmoji avatar there.
- If you want to use the Bitmoji stickers in a chat, tap on the chat icon on the bottom left of the screen. Select a contact/friend to open the chat window.
- Pull up the keyboard by tapping on the messaging field. The Bitmoji keyboard should show up.
- In case it is not showing up, tap and hold the spacebar or the smiley icon next to the spacebar in Android or tap and hold the globe icon next to the spacebar in iPhone to select the Bitmoji keyboard.
- Start typing to get smart sticker suggestions or select any of the Bitmoji category icons to find a Bitmoji sticker.
- Tap on the sticker to send it directly into the chat window.
Bonus Tip – How to Enable and Use Snapchat Filters
Users now have the opportunity to create your own filter either on the site or the app itself. Every now and again, Snapchat changes and updates the filters for the sake of more options. However, these filters don’t have a specific name.
There are lots of filters that are available which you can use to change the colors of your image or to add fun messages. But in this section, we’re going to take Snapchat Baby Filter and Snapchat Geofilter. You can make cool Snapchat filters either in your web browser or through the Snapchat app.
How to enable Snapchat filters
Below are steps on how to enable Snapchat filters:
- First, open your Snapchat app.
- Click on your profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “gear icon” at the top-right to open your Settings.
- You can proceed by clicking on “Manage.”
- Then click on the Slider at the top to turn on filters.
How to use Snapchat filters
There are so many specifications you’ll find in Snapchat filters. So if you want to use your filters maybe through the app, just open the app. Let’s say you want to take a video or record a video that you wish to send to your friend(s).
- The first thing you should do is to take a photo by clicking on the circle at the bottom corner of the screen or take a video by tapping and holding it down.
- Swipe right or left over the photo or video you just took to cycle through your filters.
- Then click on the blue-and-white button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to send the Snap to friends or add it to your story.
So what if you want to use more than one filter? You can simply do so by using one finger to tap and hold the filter, and one another finger to swipe left or right through additional filters. Depending on what version of Snapchat you’re using, you can also press the filter locking button, which looks like three squares stacked on top of each other. This is located at the bottom of the tools column on the right side of the screen. Once you’re set, you can just select the lens you want and tap its icon to capture a quick photo or tap and hold for video.