Table of Contents
How To Activate Gboard And Settings: In today’s article, we’re going to teach you how you can activate Gboard and settings. If you’ve not yet heard of “Gboard” for the first time then you’re on the right site. Major smartphones both iOS and Android have onscreen keyboards which enable users to type, chat and send texts. But there will be a time when you’ll notice that your keyboard doesn’t contain all the features or maybe it’s malfunctioning. The best possible way is to switch from that keyboard to a more modern Google Gboard. And that is why we’re here to help you download and activate Gboard and settings on your phone device…
Gboard comes with exciting features that make chat flexible and quick. If you start using Gboard, you’ll discover that you can search for anything from Google without the need of going directly to the website. There are lots of emoji stickers and GIFs to make your chat and texts messages more fun. Interestingly, anything you type can be translated into different languages via the Translation feature. Now read further below so you be able to download and activate Gboard and settings in your Android and iPhone devices…
Also see: Best Gboard Emoji Stickers For You
Steps To Activate Gboard And Settings
Before you can activate Gboard and settings on Android and iOS devices, you’ll first have to download the app below:
For Android users, you can click here to download the app on Play Store.
For iOS users, just click this link on Apple Store.
If you’ve succeeded in installing the app on your devices, let’s now take you through the setup process:
For Android Devices
Setting up Gboard in Android depends on the type of version your device is running. There are some versions that Gboard will already be activated automatically even without the installation and setup process. Though you have to set it in some other versions.
- The first thing is to open the app.
- Then click on the “Enable in Settings” button.
- You’ll have to scroll down and go to “Input Methods” or “Languages & Input”
- You’ll see a pop-up message telling you that “Gboard will collect all your texts”. tap “Ok” to enable it.
- Then select the Input Method
- Select your preferred keyboard by tapping on “Gboard”
- Then tap “Done” to confirm your action.
For iPhone Devices
- Open the Gboard app on your iPhone
- Click on the “Get Started” button to set up a new keyboard.
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap on “General”
- Then select “Keyboards”
- Tap on “Add New Keyboard”
- When the Add New Keyboard window opens up, you’ll tap on “Gboard” from the list of third-party keyboards.
- Turn on the Gboard button to allow full access.
- After that, a message will pop-up asking if you want to “Allow Full Access for Gboard?”
- Tap “ALLOW”
- The next thing is for you to switch to the Gboard Keyboard. You need to tap and hold down the () icon and tap on the entry for Gboard.
- Once you do that, your default keyboard will now be set as Gboard.